Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:57 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn  (Read 15543 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn
with Boots Raingear Adam Bozarth Kumquatxop Portaxx and Lemon
content for this episode was compiled by Montrith
edited by Lemon.

On this podcast, we've covered a lot of people who claim that imaginary things are real, BUT THIS... IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THAT! We're looking at the universe of "Djinn", genie having people who have either conjured or purchased a noble thousands-year old spirit that they make do the dishes. Then things get weird after that. This week, The Thief of Baghdad is just looking for a nice cuddle.

MUSIC USED:
Skee-Lo - I Wish
16 Horsepower - Fire Spirit (Gun Club cover)

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #1
But they died in the Crusades

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #2
Will a Djinn help me improve my sound system's audio quality?

Can I trap the Djinn in my cables or do I have to use the Shakti Stone?

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #3
Jesus Christ you guys can't pronounce Arabic words
Bobalay brocretin

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #4
I'm disappointed you missed an opportunity to use Snoop Doggy Dogg's popular hip hop song Djinn and Juice in this episode.
McMillan and Waifu

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #5
I'm disappointed you missed an opportunity to use Snoop Doggy Dogg's popular hip hop song Djinn and Juice in this episode.
Old_Zircon, April 11, 2015, 06:35:50 pm

I'm also disappointed in myself for not spelling it "Djuice"
Sherman Tank

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #6

I don't know if I'm disappointed or glad that the Ridiculists have Paarthurnax at the ready but Ba Sing Se is a complete mystery

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #7
I've got my mind on my marid and my marid on my mind
Mister Smalls

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #8
Smoking Crow, April 11, 2015, 05:40:31 pm

Bozarth made an admirable effort trying to pronounce the different kinds of angels in Hebrew in his reader intro.

Also, how did nobody mention American Gods in the episodes, that's a book where a Djinni has sex with a human.

Also, it's probably worth searching ebay for djinn, it's pretty good, I mean I just found this:
As one knows the illuminati have billions they own and rule parts of the world this is a secret sociality that has been around the world for centuries these are high order do you believe in djinn then you must know this djinn is from one of the grand masters of this sociality on who is wealth one in power. And this djinn has move that person up. I will not go into names for those names are kept secret this djinn can seek out power put you in the right place at the right time. Move you to status that will rock your world. Never to want never to be in debt never to go without love money have the luck with a touch of Midas anything you do or want is yours. Secret sociality’s all know how to work energies to their favor nice isn’t it when you only know up not down know who you enemies are know who to trust. Know where to turn to get where you want in life. Get that soul mate love. This is one the most powerful djinns that I have to offer from the illuminati I now have 5 from 5 masters these are very powerful men who have done more then most people in their life time. Have raised rakes and are wealthy beyond belief now wouldn’t life be sweeter if we had the way to move energies to fulfill our dreams had all we ever wanted. Can you image what your life would be like to wake in the morning and really be happy knowing you can go and do anything you want with the right combination of energies with the right spirit you can have it all this is the secret djinn of the illuminati   may life now be easy and may every dream wish desire hopes and goal be yours.it bares no evil or negative energies. The power of this ring  can bring wealth riches he can influence vibration to bring forth your wishes he is a wish grantor he will bring health love and luck in all areas of ones life.Quote from

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #9
Smoking Crow, April 11, 2015, 05:40:31 pm

Hey, could have been worse! Lemon cut out all the times I tried to list off the "meditative" iDoser drug names!

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #10
I can't figure out if this is a step up or down from stuff like multiples and Lokiwives.

On one hand, they've probably made the best choice of stupid bullshit to believe way too much in. If otherkin or multiples were real and you were one, you now have either an unsolvable disorder or something that really looks like one. Godspouses don't exactly gravitate to good partners, so if they are real and you are one, you've entered into a terrible relationship with someone who you cannot escape from. But if djinn are real, and you have one? You've got basically a willing slave, and one that can grant you fantastic wishes. And since these djinn don't appear to be jerks that twist wishes, you're only ever coming out ahead on this one. Djinn-buddies won the Imaginary Friend Lottery.

On the other hand, this makes the question of 'okay, what really happened' that much more depressing. I remember at one point hearing someone (it must have been on Something Awful) theorizing that the super-religious, praying for everything types must have terrible self-esteem, and while I don't think he's necessarily right about them, his logic applies perfectly to these guys. There's a lot of satisfaction in the community, so clearly they're getting what they're wishing for, but realistically that only makes sense if they're wishing for attainable things. They've probably been wishing for things that are in their power: passing tests, getting raises/promotions, maybe love or friendship, stuff like that. You can pray, wish and hope all you want for those sorts of things, but ultimately it comes down to your own action and worth; you, in some way, have to earn it. People like this seem to remove all of their own agency for their successes, they're pinning something great that they ultimately did on something intangible rather than saying 'hey, you know what, I did good'. If all that's true, at least the religious guys have more to grab on to, these guys are pouring their everything into an overpriced rock they bought online. That woman who lost her djinn's stone seemed desperate, it read like someone's plea to get their spouse not to leave.

So yeah, it's kind of weird. It's a far more appealing thing to believe in, but they seem to be kind of worse for believing in it.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #11
The reason I think djinn people are the dumbest of the lot: Being otherkin is free, while a "real djinn" can cost you anything from 1 to 1000 dollars.
Sherman Tank

BomberJacket

• The Gilligan's Planet of Second Base
  • Paid
  • O give me a home where the Juffalos roam.
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #12
I was kind of expecting another retread of Otherkin stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised that this turned out more like the pyramid hat episode. I was also pleasantly surprised by the philosophical stance on "charging" for things that the djinn-sellers took. Reminded me of the stance that many tech companies take on "owning" their products.

I'm more disappointed that they didn't use "You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me", but maybe that was too obvious.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #13
Indotalisman.com : money :: Internet asexuals : sexuality. That is my main observation on this episode, apart from "y'all need Jesus accent coaches."

Adam Bozarth

• Your friend on the internet
  • Ridiculist
  • [File Photo]
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #14
My accent coach is Sam Adams