Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:44:34 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2  (Read 25960 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #45
Hey, speaking of TF2 nostalgia, I was going through my old hard drives looking for something, and I found this:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s089u1AF9eaZ

This was the height of humor back in 2009, I promise.
Frank West, February 04, 2016, 08:55:13 pm
this rules

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #46
Hey, speaking of TF2 nostalgia, I was going through my old hard drives looking for something, and I found this:

I knew exactly what that was before I clicked on it.

Mu.

• Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #47

God, I can't remember the last time I saw that video. With a fucking Garbage Day reference at the end too, jeez.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #48

2009 still feels recent and I'm not even old. I guess I got brain damage that year or something. [yay]

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #49
This coming weekend?  Dammit, Boots.  It's not TF2 without Victor!

Also thanks for the non-shoutout on dreaded spies, Isfahan.  Good thing I won't be around this weekend because I would spend half the time killing you ten steps out of spawn and the other half smoking cigarettes over your bloody corpse. [yayvictor]

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #50
What can I say? I didn't dread you. I dreaded Happyjojo. Truth hurts, man.

Also who the hell is going to get mad at Victor fucking Laszlo? You spread joy wherever you go!

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #51
What can I say? I didn't dread you. I dreaded Happyjojo. Truth hurts, man.

Also who the hell is going to get mad at Victor fucking Laszlo? You spread joy wherever you go!
Isfahan, February 06, 2016, 12:00:21 pm

me. when he stabs me.

when i'm trying to snipe kumquat.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #52

I'mma piggyback onto this TF2 nostalgia by busting out a treasured classic.

The story behind this is, I had a bunch of audio clips I liked to rip out from various YouTube videos to play during TF2. I had them all converted to .wav, because that's what HLDJ accepted at the time. I can no longer play any of these, because Valve switched audio protocols for their games, and now HLDJ is broken for me. But I loved to play this particular rant from YoungConversative.

The subject for this audio clip was a kid named YoungConservative on Youtube. He had dumb neoconservative opinions on feminism and Obama and all that shit, and he was sixteen years old. He had one video where he railed against feminists, then dressed up in his mother's clothes and screamed HEY EVERYBODY I'M A FEMINIST and had some politically motivated screaming match at the camera.

It was particularly valuable, because something about the kid's rant hoodwinked people into believing I was actually this YoungConservative character, and not some asshole who knew how to play audio clips over the Source engine's voice protocol.

The video for this clip has long since been removed, but lucky for you! Because I've managed to save the audio for posterity.

YoungConservative on Feminists
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:55:00 pm by STOG »

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #53

The story behind this is, I had a bunch of audio clips I liked to rip out from various YouTube videos to play during TF2. I had them all converted to .wav, because that's what HLDJ accepted at the time. I can no longer play any of these, because Valve switched audio protocols for their games, and now HLDJ is broken for me. But I loved to play this particular rant from YoungConversative.

The subject for this audio clip was a kid named YoungConservative on Youtube. He had dumb neoconservative opinions on feminism and Obama and all that shit, and he was sixteen years old. He had one video where he railed against feminists, then dressed up in his mother's clothes and screamed HEY EVERYBODY I'M A FEMINIST and had some politically motivated screaming match at the camera.

It was particularly valuable, because something about the kid's rant hoodwinked people into believing I was actually this YoungConservative character, and not some asshole who knew how to play audio clips over the Source engine's voice protocol.

The video for this clip has long since been removed, but lucky for you! Because I've managed to save the audio for posterity.

STOG, February 07, 2016, 05:48:56 pm

Pretty sure some version of HLDJ still works. I recently re-downloaded it to mess with someone's L4D game and it did its job. Then again I didn't try it on TF2 so maybe I'm just a dumb butt.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #54

STOG, February 07, 2016, 05:48:56 pm

Pretty sure some version of HLDJ still works. I recently re-downloaded it to mess with someone's L4D game and it did its job. Then again I didn't try it on TF2 so maybe I'm just a dumb butt.
portaxx, February 07, 2016, 07:33:30 pm

That is true, but I have too much fun using my own drunk voice to piss off other players. Especially in tightly-packed four-person shooters where one person enjoys what I'm doing and the other two don't and a votekick war ensues and one of the people who hates my voice kills himself on purpose in the game out of protest.

Bobsterfest

• Choice Blanket
  • Paid
  • This is weird, right?
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #55
I checked your Steam profile to see what I was in for.

I'm calling for a preemptive ban on Frank West for safety reasons.  He was basically the fucking Predator four years ago when I stopped playing.  He'd jump out of a window and murder half my team while I ineffectually screamed into the microphone. Then he'd shoot me in the face.  At this point he can probably stab people in real life through the monitor.
Healslime, February 04, 2016, 05:57:15 pm

I once thought I played too much TF2 a few years ago, and now I see that Frank West has played as just Spy for 5x longer than I've played ever. That's reassuring!

Mango Tango

• Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #56
Did anyone else start listening to all of the podcast in backwards chronological order like lemon mentioned? 

junior associate faguar

• Frankly, an unreasonable level of uguu~
  • Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #57
I did that when I first came to the podcast, around episode 93.

SatanInAZootSuit

• This Guy
  • Paid
  • I am become death, destroyer of threads.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #58
I started on the Roy Orbison in Clingfilm episode, and then listened to every episode in regular chronological order. That was five years ago; I was still a freshman in high school (probably). I think I heard every episode enough times to understand almost any reference that can be thrown out, and I've only recently tried supporting the podcast in any way.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #59
I think I first heard of the F Plus through the Something Awful ThunderDome writing group- I participated pretty heavily in that for a year or so, including the IRC chat, and I feel like the podcast came up a bunch. (Incidentally, I think a doc of a bunch of the worst stories to come out of Thunderdome was dumped a while back... any particular reason? I remember there being some pretty funny bad stuff coming out of that.)

The first episode I listened to was... maybe Butt Ghosts? Which was probably not an ideal starting point because I really knew nothing about/wasn't interested in online fetish stuff. But as a longtime Nintendo fan I soon listened to the Fantendo Wiki and Sex with Pokemon episodes and was pretty much hooked after that! I did work backward from there, I think.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:49:57 pm by Nikaer Drekin »