Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:46 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 153: What A Rip Off  (Read 16584 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 153: What A Rip Off
with Boots Raingear, Portaxx, John Toast, STOG, Adam Bozarth, and Lemon.
CONTENT FOR THIS EPISODE WAS COMPILED BY LADY FRENZY
EDITED BY LEMON.
With so many websites run by people with dubious ethics (take this one for example), we've been introduced to RipoffReport.com; an Alexa ranked website where the people who've been wronged can let the world know. With nearly 2 million reports filed, these people have a story to tell, but the story starts and ends with duh. This week, The F Plus wants to talk about your MILFaholism.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:55:15 pm by Skelemon »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #1
Yay, angry idiots, my favorite!

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #2
I've read the constitution multiple times and I regularly participate in political debates and often win, why haven't I gotten elected yet? I've even said that I'd run for the presidency and sent the U.S. government a letter, why haven't they even considered me?

I bet it's because of all the women that work in the U.S. government.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #3
I've read the constitution multiple times and I regularly participate in political debates and often win, why haven't I gotten elected yet? I've even said that I'd run for the presidency and sent the U.S. government a letter, why haven't they even considered me?

I bet it's because of all the women that work in the U.S. government.
A Meat, November 02, 2014, 05:48:14 am
Oops, caught red-handed.

I absolutely *adore* Ripoffreport.com, so I must listen to it RIGHT NOW

Muffinator

• Paid
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #4
3rd google result is reports from people who ripoffreport ripped off

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/ripoffreport.html

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #5
I was overjoyed to hear panic scam at the end.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #6
The unspoken rationale for a lot of these narratives was pretty much "I really really wanted it to not be a scam, so [...]".

"I had no reason to trust them. So anyway, after I gave them my money,"

It's the glimmers of some self-awareness that show through which make this so funny. Then, however, these people just make that one skip in the chain of logic, and in each post you can identify that moment where the person deviates from what you would have done. Aside from not going to MILF websites or paying someone to write your papers for you in the first place, I mean.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #7
Bozarth has an amazing sock puppet voice.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #8
back in middle school a bunch of people at my school were obsessed with putting their writing on poetry.com, so hearing it come up was a weird bit of nostalgia for me. I remember someone's mom forced him to take his poems down because she was worried they'd claim copyright on his poetry and steal it from him. (from the record, it's a good point, but she's also a bit ditzy.)

Also hearing the mention of the smiley-face killer at the start was interesting because I just learned about that the other day and it's an amazingly stupid conspiracy theory. (basically two cops started insisting there's a secret serial killer that drowns people and leaves smiley-face graffiti nearby, because it can't possibly be that the smiley-face graffiti was popular at the time and its appearance next to waterways had absolutely no relation to people drowning)

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #9
Poetry.com was a pretty successful scam site that hooked in a lot of people when it used to be active. You submit a poem and it gets selected to be published in a REAL BOOK! You just have to buy your own copy! And get all your friends and families to buy one too!  Only $75! The link above mentions a 20/20 report where a class of 2nd graders submitted poems and they all got selected.

The unspoken rationale for a lot of these narratives was pretty much "I really really wanted it to not be a scam, so [...]".

"I had no reason to trust them. So anyway, after I gave them my money,"
Isfahan, November 02, 2014, 12:18:00 pm

This is my favorite part about the psychic reviews. I recommend that everyone check out the other psychic reviews I put in the doc, or browse the section on RipoffReport.com itself because man these people are dumb.

"I had paid for psychic services and to clense my spirit as she told me I had a lot of dark energy which caused me to lose my relationship and she also stated that I would lose my home and everything else if I didnt start the cleansing process. I paid her $100.00 for the first session, on the next session I paid her $500.00. Every session she would hound me on when I could get her the next payment. At first she told me it was going to cost $3000.00 but was only going to charge me $1500.00. For the 3rd payment she wanted me to get a gift card as her daughter was having a birthday and wanted a $500.00 gift card rather then cash. The last session she said she would only take $200.00 so in total I paid her because it was Christmas and I needed money to buy Christmas for my family. As soon as I gave her the $200.00 she never called me back in for more sessions. It is March and I still have not her from her and her office is never open. I would love to get my money back but can not afford legal help to do so."

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #10
This was an amazing episode. You should revisit this website sometime in the future.

I love readings of suuuper entitled people. The asshole demanding his Mcdonalds (while sitting in his big nice truck that he can't shut up about), or that lady that claimed to have spent hundreds at Walmart every day. It's so great to hear their awful squabbling about nothing being mocked and laughed at. I wish they could hear it.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #11
They're super entitled but also in weirdly shitty positions in life.  Like, super mad that McDonald's isn't open on Christmas because you don't have any food in the house, or complaining about a psychic stealing all your money and you don't have any money to sue them.  (Though like the latter, sometimes these people have dug their own holes.)

chases parked cars

• licensed furaffinity inspector
  • Paid
  • Can I interest you in a $3 warranty?
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #12
fucking christ.

i'm a manager at gamestop and i have met customers like that asshole before. they are absolutely horrible at interacting with other human beings and yet expect to be hired on gaming knowledge alone. we get so many applications on a daily basis and the signal to noise ratio is fucking insane. it's seriously hard to hire people at gamestop. either the applicants are nerds with no social competence or they're over-qualified in customer service but have no gaming knowledge.

you guys really hit the nail on the head with the whole quizzing business, too. shit i have to deal with on a semi-regular basis.
Mister Smalls

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #13
I for one would love to read GameStop Manager stories. I love the idea that people think that credibility is a huge factor in hiring principles when it's a retail customer service job and (I assume) is filled as such.

Please start a thread if you want to share.
chai tea latte

chases parked cars

• licensed furaffinity inspector
  • Paid
  • Can I interest you in a $3 warranty?
Episode 153: What A Rip Off #14
I for one would love to read GameStop Manager stories.Lemon, November 03, 2014, 03:10:57 pm

unfortunately, there's only so much i can tell without breaking company policy. i'd be more than happy to share what i can, though. i'll start a thread tonight when i get home from work.