Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:49:16 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Okay, the new hopper system is set up  (Read 7938 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, the new hopper system is set up
The URLs are the same - /submit/hopper and /submit/dump, but the way this is written is a whole lot different - which probably wouldn't be very fun to read about unless you're just itching to read something about PHP versions and extendable structure fields - so let's just say this is faster and easier to update.

As the majority decision to to keep links private, I'm doing that.

Also, as part of this process, I pared down on the hopper significantly. So there's a lot of new documents up in the dump and ready for perusal. I hope I say enough how much I love getting these documents and very much want to encourage people to continue.
McMillan and Waifu
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:27:16 am by Boots Raingear »

advancedclass

• Paid
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #1
Holy shit, every time I've glanced at the hopper and seen "Starship Pooper" I wondered what magic it could be. I thought maybe it was a script doc or maybe something involving clipsforsale.

I never imagined it was a dude's username. Going to have some good reading times with this shit. Thanks Lemon and KingKalamari (and other doc contributors).

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #2
Recorded documents are now also showing up in the hopper, with | RECORDED after the title.

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #3
Is my This Is Thin Privilege doc in limbo? I don't see it in either list.

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #4
Same with the AllPoetry doc-- it's not on either list.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #5
Great, thanks for the notes. Both oversights.

This Is Thin Privilege I moved to the dump. I do like the doc and there's fun to be had in reading it, but I don't think we've been entirely responsible when we read fat activist stuff, and it's something I want to shy away from for the time being.

AllPoetry is back in the hopper. We have done some poetry recently so this probably won't be at the top of the queue, but there's a number of hideously bad poems in this doc, so the option should stay there.

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #6
Thanks a lot, this is as organized and informative as anything I've come to expect from you guys. Great stuff. (Also, as long as I'm here am I in limbo as well? I've been trying to curtail my excitement about being read but if that's not gonna happen soon/at all it should be easier.)

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #7
1) Not seeing #actuallydivine on either list
2) The Hopper page is looking sloppier than normal:

vs

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #8
1) Not seeing #actuallydivine on either list
Puppy Time, August 10, 2015, 06:37:31 pm

Whoops. In the dump now.

2) The Hopper page is looking sloppier than normal:
Puppy Time, August 10, 2015, 06:37:31 pm

Forgot to bust the cache. Try it now.

Down10

• Square Pusher
  • Paid
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #9
My lowly, languishing doc on The Open Scroll blog is no longer in the hopper, but isn't in the dump either. Does this mean it's still good, or not?

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #10
My lowly, languishing doc on The Open Scroll blog is no longer in the hopper, but isn't in the dump either. Does this mean it's still good, or not?
Down10, August 11, 2015, 01:53:43 pm
Apologies, in the dump.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #11
Another thing missing is the various dating website docs, I think montrith had a giant amalgam doc and I had a tiny doc for Mai Otaku, and I think there were others as well?

Mu.

• Paid
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #12
This Is Thin Privilege I moved to the dump. I do like the doc and there's fun to be had in reading it, but I don't think we've been entirely responsible when we read fat activist stuff, and it's something I want to shy away from for the time being.
Lemon, August 10, 2015, 04:19:20 pm

Just wondering what was irresponsible about those episodes? They don't seem different to any of the other episodes to me.

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #13
A lot of the lol fat people stuff, like r/fatpeoplehate is more about attacking women for being ugly or liking themselves while overweight instead of fat people justifying their poor decisions and distorting political terminology. The podcast has been pretty good about avoiding that stuff but it's probably a topic to leave be.

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Okay, the new hopper system is set up #14
Yea shitting on dumb fat people has gotten kinda unfun because so much of the internet just wants to shit on fat people in general and then pretend otherwise, I can see why another FA episode wouldn't be as fun now.