Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:04 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3]  (Read 24825 times)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #30
As the reading went on, Frank West put his arms up in a shrug that kept getting higher and higher, as though to signal he was distancing himself from the material. Before long, he was shrugging so high that he was pretty much in the universal surrender position as he read, his body language begging the audience not to shoot him.
count_actuala Maxine Headroom positive stress Dias Frank West Sherman Tank

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #31
Can we get a complete list of the titles of everything that was read?

Can "drunk Jack Chick summarizes novels" be a new podcast?
BOO-balay, October 25, 2014, 04:01:43 am
Seconded

"Terrible things inflicted on the audience with enthusiasm"

BomberJacket

• The Gilligan's Planet of Second Base
  • Paid
  • O give me a home where the Juffalos roam.
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #32
As someone who's read all of H.P. Lovecraft's solo works, I've got to say that I heartily enjoyed that reading where the crazy dude gets turned by an eldritch horror (think it was maybe supposed to be a shoggoth). From a technical standpoint it was decently written, and it subtly reference no fewer than five Lovecraft stories. It also continues Lovecraft's themes of sexual congress with horrific extradimensions beings, knowledge leading to insanity, and the idea that only our ignorance of the unknown is our only defense against it.

That story was easily more enjoyable and faithful to the spirit of the Cthulhu Mythos than anything August Derleth ever wrote. If H.P. Lovecraft rose from the dead with a raging bonk-on, he couldn't have done a better job.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #33
Yes, Like Mr. Lovecraft I also think that miscegenation is an abomination to the natural order the likes of which should drive any respectable white man to the edge of madness.

Seriously, what the fuck man? Fuck H.P. Lovecraft.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #34
I don't know shit about Lovecraft, nor do I want to, but bumpgrrl's reading was my favorite simply because of the fiendish glee with which it was read. When she got through the weird sex-Umgah description and just went, "PICTURE IT", I completely lost it.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #35
I thought the horrifying revelation at the end was that she was a goat furry in addition to having like eight vulvas and superhuman strength.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #36
Yes, Like Mr. Lovecraft I also think that miscegenation is an abomination to the natural order the likes of which should drive any respectable white man to the edge of madness.
Runic in a Scary Mask, October 26, 2014, 04:09:01 pm

Oh, hush.

HP Lovecraft's writing is not without its faults, but race wasn't even a major theme. "I'm a fan of the Cthulu Mythos" is not the same as "Hey, that Stephen King has a lot of interesting things to say about women."
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sherman Tank

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #37
I see your point and counter it with the fact that At the Mountains of Madness is about a race of rational and cultured beings who are wiped out when their explicitly black-colored servant race rises up against them and how it could happen to USSSSS, ooooooohhh

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #38
I'm gonna leave a link to the DeviantArt of the roller coaster lady. Because holy shit, these things look just as dumb as you think. Also, they fuck and have babies.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:16:43 am by FattyBoVampireBatty »

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #39
Real excerpt from my chat conversation with Lemon upon e-mailing him the images I was going to use:

Portaxx:
Okay, sent my images for possible use. I know I said I had 2 but then I found the lady's DeviantArt account and it was just too magical

Lemon:
Of course.
I ....
OH WOW
SHIIIIIT

Portaxx:
yep

Lemon:
WOW!

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #40
The moment I heard that someone read "roller coaster romance," I hoped to god that it was the Railrunner shit. I was not disappointed. 

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #41
I was telling a friend of mine about listening to part one and told her about the were-rollercoaster book and she went "OH SHIT IS IT TWISTED??" and let me tell you I am thrilled to know she's equally a fan of trainwreck internet novels.

Also, I've been slowly making my way through the SA thread doing the in-depth review of the book, and just got to a point where someone wrote crossover fic of it with the Roy Orbison Wrapped In Clingfilm series. It's amazing. (if the link doesn't load directly to the post, it's the last one on the page.)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #42
I guess this means the child were-rollercoasters are kiddie rides

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #43
I see your point and counter it with the fact that At the Mountains of Madness is about a race of rational and cultured beings who are wiped out when their explicitly black-colored servant race rises up against them and how it could happen to USSSSS, ooooooohhh
Mister Smalls, October 26, 2014, 10:56:06 pm

To steal a quote: "When white people get the call it’s mostly scary for them. When brown people get the call, it’s scary for the white people."

Race is a HUGE part of the Mythos-- voodoo orgies, and nautical negros and native unrest all over the dang place.

More on topic, though, this was great to listen to on the two-hour drive from my parents' place back home. Shook me right out of the worried-and-stressed mindset with a great big dose of WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. Thank you, y'all.

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
LIVE EPISODE: WEIRD ROMANCE [F PLUS LIVE 3] #44
This is a drawing of baby Railrunner in utero.

I'm absolutely stunned by the amount of effort this lady has put into her were-coaster story.

EDIT: NOBODY LOOK AT HER MEW AND MEWTWO 3D MODELS. Jesus Christ, those are gonna haunt my dreams.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:00:49 pm by Navigator »