Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:22:55 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode art for ancient episodes?  (Read 8882 times)

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode art for ancient episodes?
Talking about the ones all the way back, numbers 1-24.  Now, I know no one really wants to go and do anything for those, since they're ancient and best forgotten, but if someone decided to make some because they had a lot of free time, would you bother adding them in?

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode art for ancient episodes? #1
Yup.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode art for ancient episodes? #2
And for that matter, anyone who wants to is welcome to go through and redo any of the low-res or hideous covers (like 85, 48, 42, 90, or 123)

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Episode art for ancient episodes? #3
I made this while I was bored.

I have a couple other ideas if that one is any good. Here's a rough draft because I need to use my other computer which has a better photo-editing program.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:55:03 pm by Sherman Tank »

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode art for ancient episodes? #4

Sherman Tank, November 18, 2015, 09:37:08 pm
The backbone of the fplus is the independent art

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Episode art for ancient episodes? #5

The backbone of the fplus is the independent art
AgentCoop, November 18, 2015, 09:50:29 pm

here i was thinking it was whiskey
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Maxine Headroom Sherman Tank

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode art for ancient episodes? #6

Outstanding. I just updated the show notes, and I am now listening to Songs About Fucking. This will be a good day.

Sherman Tank

Episode art for ancient episodes? #7

Outstanding. I just updated the show notes, and I am now listening to Songs About Fucking. This will be a good day.
Lemon, November 19, 2015, 11:17:40 am

[yay] YAAAAY [yay]

Sherman Tank

Episode art for ancient episodes? #8
I made two more for Episodes 4 and 14:

This was an illustration of the "addiction cycle" until I turned it into a flowchart for this episode. I'm not entirely happy with how I arranged the phrase "bad sex odors" visually, but whatever.

I wanted to skewer Conservapedia's logo, but I couldn't find a suitably-sized copy of the logo to work with. So I just threw together two of the three subjects featured in the episode itself. I could go back and try to work in Obama, but I think Che Gayvara is good enough. Anything more might make it too crowded.

And here's some rough drafts for other ones, most of which I'm trying to find a good place to stick the F Plus logo or I just haven't put it in yet. Comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

EPISODE 3:

I want to say that the snake is a metaphor for unrepressed sexuality, but that's just an excuse to use this image because I think its funny.

EPISODE 12:

This one is just an excuse to feature my namesake, the M4 Sherman tank. Thank you, George S. Patton.

EPISODE 15:

The episode's about aliens and such. That's where my thought process for this one began and ended in less than a second.

EPISODE 18:

A hacky composite image to go with the hacky teen angst featured in the episode.

EPISODE 22:

This one, like goatse.cx, is a stretch, but what other worksafe images that suggest buttsex can you think of?

EPISODE 32:

I didn't know what the Pitchfork logo looked like. Turns out it was perfectly made for lazy photoshopping. The fact it kinda looks like cover art for an old LP was an unexpected bonus.

EPISODE 39:

A statue of Catullus, author of the filthiest work of literature in Rome's 1500 year history.
Fanzay STOG
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:41:17 pm by Sherman Tank »

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode art for ancient episodes? #9
Done and done. All images above hav been used.

Good Christ we had way too many people in those early episodes.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Episode art for ancient episodes? #10
Done and done. All images above hav been used.

Good Christ we had way too many people in those early episodes.
Lemon, November 20, 2015, 07:29:29 pm

I'm in the first episode entirely by virtue of us having a policy of random non-readers sitting around in skype doing almost nothing.

I wouldn't appear again for years, but thanks to having so many people in our early episodes I can technically say I was there at the start!

Sherman Tank

Episode art for ancient episodes? #11
More covers:

EPISODE 3:

The version used right now was a rough draft. This is the finished version.

EPISODE 5:

Lazy visual pun, ruined by the fact it's fruit on the scale instead of bacon and lard and cheetos.

EPISODE 6:

Based off a paperback cover of 1984 which is somehow both evocative of the novel and completely misleading.

EPISODE 7:

Whenever I think of pickup artists I think creeps in leisure suits. When I found this one, his pose suggested he was giving a lecture, so I added a pointer and a chalkboard.

EPISODE 9:

There aren't as many pictures of broken Transformers on the web than I thought there would be.

EPISODE 11:

It took longer to find the image for this one that I wanted. I saw things during my search. Horrible things.

EPISODE 17:

I made another image for this one, but I went back and made another one because the first one just wasn't horrifying enough. This one isn't either, but it's surprisingly hard to find worksafe images of damaged fuckdolls. Imagine that!

EPISODE 19:

I couldn't find a picture of the Mythbusters cast looking at test tubes or other science-y things except for Kari Byron's FHM shoot. I didn't want to use that, so I settled on these two looking slightly annoyed.

EPISODE 22:

See Episode 3.

EPISODE 27:

This ended up looking way more like an album cover than I had planned, but I'm happy it did. I started with the idea of putting the review site's logo in a toilet, then I went from there.

EPISODE 28:

I love old pulp paperback covers, but it's hard to find ones that even vaguely fit these episodes. This one was an exception.

EPISODE 31:

This is probably the laziest thing I've done. I googled "Facebook font" and just stuck it on a blue background.

EPISODE 32:

See my comment for Episode 22.

EPISODE 35:

I was going to do a picture of a bunch of kids in day care, but I couldn't find a good one so I just used one of Christopher Lloyd's many, many strange faces.

EPISODE 36:

Michael Barrier's angry homophobic kvetching about the Spongebob film was the highlight of the episode for me.

EPISODE 38:

I wanted to use The Prisoner for a cover so I did it here because it's the least incongruous here.

EPISODE 41:

This episode is such a grab bag of stuff I said "fuck it" and just went off the word "types" in the title so naturally I chose an image of Darren McGavin as Carl Kolchak at a typewriter.
chai tea latte

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode art for ancient episodes? #12

i love it

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode art for ancient episodes? #13
Added the bunch, thanks.

One interesting thing about this process is how a lot of those old episodes don't have all the metadata information, which I've been backfilling a bit when I throw these covers on. So there will be all these episodes without a listed editor, then I'll open the episode and immediately hear The Descendants or NOMEANSNO and I assign it to Boots. White Zombie or Lords of Acid? That's my fault. Video game bleeps and bloops? Portaxx must have done that one.

Sherman Tank

Episode art for ancient episodes? #14
Another batch. With this one, all the coverless episodes should be, err, covered. Sorry.

EPISODE 1:

I found this clip cover searching for "Adonis". The rest was easy except figuring out where to put the logo.

EPISODE 2:

Another vintage pulp novel cover. I had a completely different cover that I was going to use, but changed it to this one because... I don't really know.

EPISODE 8:

Bela Lugosi looking nonplussed about something. I think it sums up the current state of cinematic vampires nicely.

EPISODE 12:

Finished version. I moved the logo onto the tank and added filled in parts of the title with white because snow because Christmas.

EPISODE 13:

Once I gave up trying to find a decent Dragonball Z/Buttlord GT image, I settled on this. NOTE: I have never actually watched Dragonball Z.

EPISODE 15:

Finished version. I added the logo to Scully's collar because it seemed like the right place.

EPISODE 16:

Unlike Dragonball SSBN, I have played some of the Tomb Raider games, and let me tell you, I sure do have opinions about Women In Video Games. I also keep them to myself because nobody actually wants to hear them.

EPISODE 18:

Another final version of one that had the rough draft used.

EPISODE 20:

I wanted to use an old photo of beatniks because poetry. I couldn't find any with douchebaggy enough beatniks, so I gave up and used an emo kid instead.

EPISODE 21:

I wanted to make this look like a gold-leaf decoration of a fancy leatherbound book because that's classy and juggalos are not. I didn't do a very good job, but that's OK, because I'm not a juggalo.

EPISODE 23:

This was the first one I started, and it's the last I finished. Took me forever to figure out where to put the logo, and in the end I cheated and stuck on some clipart of a flag and put it on the mast of one of those cruisers.

EPISODE 24:

I ended up doing two different covers for this episode, and I'm not entirely happy with either of them. Use whichever one you like.

EPISODE 25:

The old cover seems to have vanished, so I made this replacement. I like the original better, though.

EPISODE 29:

Another conceptually lazy one, but I'm happy with the result.

EPISODE 30:

A messy hodge-podge of stuff representing funny bits from the episode that I could find suitable images of.

EPISODE 33:

This one had me stumped until I searched for pictures of vintage gay smutty books as part of my ongoing quest to make the NSA think I'm a deranged pervert. This beauty turned up and I knew what I had to do.

EPISODE 34:

I had a large block of crazy text from Mai-Tai-Chi Ngyuen's suit against Starbucks. It wouldn't have compressed well so I deleted it.

EPISODE 37:

A repurposed album cover whose original name I've forgotten. I miss my turntable and my record collection.

EPISODE 39:

Completed version. I tried adding the logo to one of Catallus' eyes but it looked stupid, so onto his shoulder it went. Also I changed the font to something more "classical".

EPISODE 40:

It took me a surprisingly long time to find a suitably miserable-looking man using a computer in a darkened room.

F+ LIVE:

The first Live show didn't have art, so I made this. For some reason I was inspired by the credits of late '60s Doctor Who episodes. That reason is that I am a sad, sad nerd.

OUTTAKES AND SHORTS:

I did these too. The end.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:48:14 pm by Sherman Tank »