Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:28:03 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Select your primary method.

iTunes
62 (40.8%)
non-iTunes computer application (which one?)
5 (3.3%)
BeyondPod or Pocket Casts
16 (10.5%)
a different mobile podcast app
15 (9.9%)
I download the MP3s to a folder and listen to them
48 (31.6%)
Other method (please specify)
6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Topic: Hey, what do you listen to The F Plus with?  (Read 22345 times)

Mighty Dicktron

• kooloo limpah
  • Paid
  • i am hear to jack my dick
I listen with my ears, unless I'm feeling particularly lazy then I'll just print it in braille and go to town.
MyFaceBeHi, March 04, 2014, 09:23:30 am
How do you do funny voices in braille?
Yossarian, March 04, 2014, 09:31:04 am

Textures.

Fat voice is printed on velvet, obviously

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
headphones

ears

At this point in my life I'm gaining a sense for when a thread or something I'm about to click on is likely to contain dad jokes.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
I've mostly listened to them via the site, but I've also used itunes and listened to them off of my ipod when I need to be away from my computer.

MyFaceBeHi

• Second worst joke person
  • Paid
I listen with my ears, unless I'm feeling particularly lazy then I'll just print it in braille and go to town.
MyFaceBeHi, March 04, 2014, 09:23:30 am
How do you do funny voices in braille?
Yossarian, March 04, 2014, 09:31:04 am

Textures.

Fat voice is printed on velvet, obviously
Mighty Dicktron, March 04, 2014, 03:54:08 pm

And for furry voices I just finger a cat. Also for fat voice it's velvet dipped in a tub of lard. I like to be authentic with my braille textures.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
I also stream directly from the site on my computer. I have a lean, mean linux (read: too poor to buy windows) so I hate itunes.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I also stream directly from the site on my computer. I have a lean, mean linux
nigeline, March 05, 2014, 04:25:52 am

I think I remember Amarok being pretty good. Or if that's too bloated, there's gPodder.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Wine.

And iTunes (or my iPod, same diff).

ETA: I mean wine the refreshing beverage, not the Windows emulator for Linux and Mac OS (what with already using a Mac which is where iTunes isn't too horrible).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:29:45 pm by fluffy »

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
I also stream directly from the site on my computer. I have a lean, mean linux
nigeline, March 05, 2014, 04:25:52 am

I think I remember Amarok being pretty good. Or if that's too bloated, there's gPodder.
Lemon, March 05, 2014, 08:39:15 am

I don't really like Amarok; like most of KDE, it's a grab-bag of a lot of features, but it's horribly integrated which ultimately makes it a huge pain in the ass to actually try to use.  Banshee is nice when it works - unfortunately the podcasting plugin is buggy and frequently blows it up.  I also like LiFeRea for RSS.  Not that I'm a huge goddamned nerd or anything.

I mostly use Feedly to listen to the F+.  I also have a folder with all the episodes in it, because my shitty Comcast internet goes down a lot.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
I just stream the episodes directly from the site, personally. I used to put them all on my iPod, but then I stopped keeping up with it quite so much and just couldn't be arsed to download and transfer the episodes.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
I just stream the episodes directly from the site, personally. I used to put them all on my iPod, but then I stopped keeping up with it quite so much and just couldn't be arsed to download and transfer the episodes.
Locclo, March 07, 2014, 07:23:38 pm
You realize that iTunes will do that automatically for you, right?

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
Locclo, March 07, 2014, 07:23:38 pm
You realize that iTunes will do that automatically for you, right?
fluffy, March 07, 2014, 10:48:40 pm

I'm going to be honest, 90% of my laziness is just me not wanting to dig around for the iPod cable. Unless there's a way for iTunes to download stuff directly to my iPod without me needing to plug it in, I'm okay with just going to the website.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Unless there's a way for iTunes to download stuff directly to my iPod without me needing to plug it in

It might do that. I know iTunes syncs your podcast collection between computers if you're logged in with your Apple ID, so that might also be the case with iThings as well.

Couldn't say for sure though.

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
Aside from the iPhone the only one I know that can download independently is the iPod touch.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Aside from the iPhone the only one I know that can download independently is the iPod touch.
Yossarian, March 10, 2014, 05:23:18 pm
That is correct.

Also I don't use Wi-Fi sync on my Touch because for some reason it doesn't actually sync playback times/counts that way, which makes it not work for my uses. Also, call me old-fashioned but I love the tactile experience of physically plugging my pocket supercomputer in to seamlessly transfer a stream of music and information while simultaneously backing up my accumulated data.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Either on iTunes via computer or iPad.