Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:14:45 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn  (Read 16053 times)

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #15
I was kind of expecting another retread of Otherkin stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised that this turned out more like the pyramid hat episode. I was also pleasantly surprised by the philosophical stance on "charging" for things that the djinn-sellers took. Reminded me of the stance that many tech companies take on "owning" their products.
BomberJacket, April 12, 2015, 11:01:17 am

As someone who has spent a lot of time with pagans the whole "we're not charging for this item" pops up a lot. Charging or items/spellwork/whatever is considered bad ju-ju, so they have to come up with an excuse to be paid for it.

Also I don't really know a lot about Djinns, but I'm pretty sure in 1001 Arabian Nights they were nothing but murderous assholes. Don't these people know that?

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #16
I was kind of expecting another retread of Otherkin stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised that this turned out more like the pyramid hat episode. I was also pleasantly surprised by the philosophical stance on "charging" for things that the djinn-sellers took. Reminded me of the stance that many tech companies take on "owning" their products.

As someone who has spent a lot of time with pagans the whole "we're not charging for this item" pops up a lot. Charging or items/spellwork/whatever is considered bad ju-ju, so they have to come up with an excuse to be paid for it.

Also I don't really know a lot about Djinns, but I'm pretty sure in 1001 Arabian Nights they were nothing but murderous assholes. Don't these people know that?
KnitOneKillTwo, April 13, 2015, 07:30:58 am

If I recall correctly in Islamic theology Satan is supposedly a jinni who refused to bow down to Adam and was cast out of heaven, and now he spends all his time trying to make humans sin to prove that he was right not to bow before them.

Or something along those lines, I don't really know too much about Islamic theology

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #17

KnitOneKillTwo, April 13, 2015, 07:30:58 am

No because New Age people don't actually learn about other religions they just take the parts they like without learning why they're important

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #18
As someone who has spent a lot of time with pagans the whole "we're not charging for this item" pops up a lot. Charging or items/spellwork/whatever is considered bad ju-ju, so they have to come up with an excuse to be paid for it.KnitOneKillTwo, April 13, 2015, 07:30:58 am

Those same verbal gymnastics are present in the water-snob episode too, I remember.

"The water is free! You're just paying for the packaging, shipping, and distribution!"

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #19

No because New Age people don't actually learn about other religions they just take the parts they like without learning why they're important
Smoking Crow, April 13, 2015, 12:04:38 pm

I was bowled over by the amount of that in this episode. Aladdin must be for these people what The Lion King is for furries.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #20
I've said this many a time, but having grown up with new age beliefs, that's basically it in a nutshell. You grab the parts you like from various native american/asian/pagan/etc. beliefs and throw them together in a ball and insist you need to blow huge amounts of money on crystals or some weird pyramids you wear on your head or expensive seminars to swim with dolphins or else you're not doing it "right". Even better if you throw in shit that came directly from a fucking scifi/fantasy novel and insist it's from actual cultural beliefs and therefore it's totally okay to desecrate indian burial grounds with your fucking resin-and-metal bullshit because stargate has to be real

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #21
Somehow I am less surprised by weird hippies fucking up a native american historical site than weird hippies acting like the trappings of the second most widely practiced religion in the world are so exotic and niche. They are definitely among the whitest people ever read about on this podcast. Maybe it has the 'scare your conservative dad' appeal?

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #22
Somehow I am less surprised by weird hippies fucking up a native american historical site than weird hippies acting like the trappings of the second most widely practiced religion in the world are so exotic and niche. They are definitely among the whitest people ever read about on this podcast. Maybe it has the 'scare your conservative dad' appeal?
eudo, April 14, 2015, 10:34:34 am

"Scare your conservative dad" should be a tag.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #23
The relationship between these people and their imaginary friends in a nutshell:

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #24
I'm pretty sure the blue aura thing can be easily explained by LSD, which can be absorbed through the skin.

Someone should get on that, unless LSD is prohibitively expensive to make.  Just cover 'magickal' items with the stuff, package it in a way that the delivery personnel don't come in contact with it, and then sit back and giggle as the testimonials of auras and shit come flooding in.

The cheeto dust thing, on the other hand, I suspect is just diabetic neuropathy.

Also, Lemon, at the beginning of the bit with the guy clearly being trolled by his wife, that's a scarily good Dalek voice.  Yell that shit through a ring modulator and see what happens.

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #25
The cheeto dust thing, on the other hand, I suspect is just diabetic neuropathy.
memorylikeasieve, April 16, 2015, 04:13:01 pm

As someone who legitimately has diabetic neuropathy, mostly just the random sensations and sometimes feet tingling, I can say for sure that it feels nothing like cheeto dust. On the other hand with no LSD experience I can only assure you are correct there.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #26
People are fucking idiots
Sherman Tank

Good Ol Cburgs

• Squaa~dah~lah~!
  • Paid
  • I'm a thief
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #27
Earnestly, scammy bullshit episodes are some of my favorites, and this episode's djinn shop was probably the best one since i-doser.

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #28
memorylikeasieve, April 16, 2015, 04:13:01 pm

As someone who legitimately has diabetic neuropathy, mostly just the random sensations and sometimes feet tingling, I can say for sure that it feels nothing like cheeto dust.Blandest, April 17, 2015, 05:11:10 am

But does it feel like something's licking them?  /is curious.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
Episode 173: Sins of the Djinn #29

Also, it's probably worth searching ebay for djinn, it's pretty good, I mean I just found this:
As one knows the illuminati have billions they own and rule parts of the world this is a secret sociality that has been around the world for centuries these are high order do you believe in djinn then you must know this djinn is from one of the grand masters of this sociality on who is wealth one in power. And this djinn has move that person up. I will not go into names for those names are kept secret this djinn can seek out power put you in the right place at the right time. Move you to status that will rock your world. Never to want never to be in debt never to go without love money have the luck with a touch of Midas anything you do or want is yours. Secret sociality’s all know how to work energies to their favor nice isn’t it when you only know up not down know who you enemies are know who to trust. Know where to turn to get where you want in life. Get that soul mate love. This is one the most powerful djinns that I have to offer from the illuminati I now have 5 from 5 masters these are very powerful men who have done more then most people in their life time. Have raised rakes and are wealthy beyond belief now wouldn’t life be sweeter if we had the way to move energies to fulfill our dreams had all we ever wanted. Can you image what your life would be like to wake in the morning and really be happy knowing you can go and do anything you want with the right combination of energies with the right spirit you can have it all this is the secret djinn of the illuminati   may life now be easy and may every dream wish desire hopes and goal be yours.it bares no evil or negative energies. The power of this ring  can bring wealth riches he can influence vibration to bring forth your wishes he is a wish grantor he will bring health love and luck in all areas of ones life.Quote from
A Meat, April 12, 2015, 05:45:51 am

With everything else going on, it's easy to overlook that it's described as "vintaged," which could just be a typo but probably means it isn't even old, the seller just bought it on a discount rack and let it sit in vinegar for a few days or something.