Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:07:13 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin  (Read 32061 times)

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #75
  If a person commits to presenting as one gender, full-time, 100% but don't feel a need (or have the ability) to get medical alterations to their body, I don't see how that would make that person less that gender.  I understand that for many transfolks it's more about being treated as who you are than about what form your junk takes, so making "hates their body" a prerequisite for recognizing the appropriate gender is kind of fucked up.
Puppy Time, January 06, 2015, 03:40:42 pm
I'm gonna tuck a foot in your door real quick to say there's a big difference between "I do not experience dysphoria," and "I do not want what medical science can do for me right now, it is too limited/expensive at this time and for now my existential agony can be ameliorated by social recognition."

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #76
To be clear, what I'm referring to is people who identify and present as the gender they were designated at birth, but call themselves trans. Not genderqueer people, or people who identify one way but publicly present themselves as another, but people who by their own admission don't feel anything on the inside that would make them trans, but call themselves trans anyway.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #77
I wish that I was special...

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #78
I wish that I was special...
Smoking Crow, January 06, 2015, 06:11:14 pm
so very special...

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #79
  If a person commits to presenting as one gender, full-time, 100% but don't feel a need (or have the ability) to get medical alterations to their body, I don't see how that would make that person less that gender.  I understand that for many transfolks it's more about being treated as who you are than about what form your junk takes, so making "hates their body" a prerequisite for recognizing the appropriate gender is kind of fucked up.
Puppy Time, January 06, 2015, 03:40:42 pm
I'm gonna tuck a foot in your door real quick to say there's a big difference between "I do not experience dysphoria," and "I do not want what medical science can do for me right now, it is too limited/expensive at this time and for now my existential agony can be ameliorated by social recognition."
THE TRUE JUICE, January 06, 2015, 03:53:37 pm

Well, yeah, no shit, but I have the impression there's a not-insignificant number of trans people who don't feel like they need a particular body fix, they just want to be treated as their own gender, and saying that this means they are somehow not-trans is weird. 

Of course, as a cisperson, I don't really get much of a say about it.  (Nor do I particularly care to.)

To be clear, what I'm referring to is people who identify and present as the gender they were designated at birth, but call themselves trans. Not genderqueer people, or people who identify one way but publicly present themselves as another, but people who by their own admission don't feel anything on the inside that would make them trans, but call themselves trans anyway.
fifty cents, January 06, 2015, 04:05:10 pm

Ugh, those douches.  I know someone like that IRL.  Generally not a cool person at all.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #80
Well, yeah, no shit, but I have the impression there's a not-insignificant number of trans people who don't feel like they need a particular body fix, they just want to be treated as their own gender, and saying that this means they are somehow not-trans is weird. 
Puppy Time, January 06, 2015, 08:52:39 pm

Definitely, I don't think anyone here would disagree with that. I think there's some confusion here because at some point the words "dysphoria" and "dysmorphia" got mixed up (I only just now realized they're two different things, oops)

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #81
I think there's some confusion here because at some point the words "dysphoria" and "dysmorphia" got mixed up (I only just now realized they're two different things, oops)
fifty cents, January 06, 2015, 09:07:17 pm

Aww, shit, I apparently forgot how to read!

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #82
I've listened to this episode so many times, it's in my top five F plus episodes.

Lemon taking longer to explain the bingo game than it actually took it being won is one of the best Fplus moments
Sherman Tank Nifty Nif Yavuz chai tea latte

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #83
You know, listening to this episode again, I notice that the blog tags it as Merfolk and not Merkin, and that's disappointing.
Maxine Headroom SuperTrainStationH

Shell Game

• Fearless: The Fiscal Year of Shadow
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #84
Where does one find such a bingo card?

Neal

Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #85
Shell Game, June 14, 2017, 07:50:13 pm

Why, you can find it at https://thefpl.us/also-made/bingo
Shell Game Lemon

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #86

Neal, June 14, 2017, 09:04:51 pm

Oh shit! I just realized that the http->https switch on thefpl.us ended up breaking the bingo card process. Just fixed.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Episode 160: To Serve Otherkin #87

Neal, June 14, 2017, 09:04:51 pm

Oh shit! I just realized that the http->https switch on thefpl.us ended up breaking the bingo card process. Just fixed.
Lemon, June 14, 2017, 10:46:15 pm

Huh, I thought it was my dumb computer acting up. Thanks!