Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:56:02 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 179: Use Only Food Grade Ingredients  (Read 19602 times)

CaptainLaserPants

• Paid
  • Pew-pew!
FYI, I'm also compiling a doc on recipes taken only from food producers' own website, such as spam.com. Some poor schmuck there has a job trying to come up with 20 different ways to cook Kraft mac and cheese.
montrith, June 28, 2015, 12:13:46 am

If the sausage balls my mom makes shows up on this, I'm going to be sad.

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Oh man a spam.com episode would hit too close to home for me. Please don't expose what trash I am Montrith

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Oh man a spam.com episode would hit too close to home for me. Please don't expose what trash I am Montrith
Glitterbomber, June 28, 2015, 03:18:32 pm

It all depends. Have you ever made SPAM pancakes? Do you think a coupon worth 5 dollars of SPAM is a great gift idea? Have you ever tried to wow the ladies with your store-brought SPAM canjo? If the answer to all of these is no, then you're probably safe.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Have you ever tried to wow the ladies with your store-brought SPAM canjo?montrith, June 28, 2015, 05:15:23 pm

pfft, whaddaya mean "tried"

Glitterbomber

• Paid

It all depends. Have you ever made SPAM pancakes? Do you think a coupon worth 5 dollars of SPAM is a great gift idea? Have you ever tried to wow the ladies with your store-brought SPAM canjo? If the answer to all of these is no, then you're probably safe.
montrith, June 28, 2015, 05:15:23 pm

Is a Spam pancake a pancake with spam in it like how 'bacon pancakes' became a big meme to do suddenly? If so I've done that, nothing else on the list though. Rate me on a human garbage scale of 1 to that dude who made mustard jelly.

Haruharuharuko

• Paid
I feel like I have to share a recipe that's a little too close to one of the ones in the episode.  Every New Years my Mom would make a meatball appetizer that wasn't too far from the cocktail wiener one.  The recipe was for one jar of grape jelly one jar of chili sauce and a bag of frozen meatballs dump them in a slow cooker and well... make hot. 

I'm not ashamed to admit they're delicious.

PS.  The number of people who are making really really shitty version of ambrosia is just depressing.

Digital Walnut

• The Carl Icahn of nuzzling
  • Paid
  • Source(s): meee~ nyaa~ :3
Little Lemonaide talking about how she doesn't want any ghost poop and just wants raspberries was the cutest thing ever.
Cyberventurer, June 28, 2015, 01:07:24 am
It was adorable, and after all those recipes it was a nice palate cleanser to hear that at least a small part of the next generation prefers fresh fruit over some godawful mishmash of sugar.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
I can't believe I'm going to defend something on this episode, but here I go.

I have a friend-of-a-friend who is allergic to apples. They won't kill him, but enough will send him to the hospital. So one of his favorite things in the world is mock apple pie because that is as close as he will ever get to tasting apples. There's even recipes that use chopped up zucchini (or cucumbers?) to replicate the apple chunk texture.

I've tried it before. It pretty much tastes exactly like those apple pies from McDonald's.

And for my own confession: I make those oreo truffles previously mentioned as part of a 'Dessert Platter' I give to my relatives on Christmas. Also included is "fudge" that is literally just frosting and melted chocolate combined. My midwest family thinks it's delicious, and both are cheap as hell to make.

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!

Ape-itizers, anyone?
EYE OF ZA advancedclass Lemon STOG A Meat Digital Walnut NutshellGulag AlbieQuirky Sherman Tank

Sun Smasher

• The one who consumes too much Whiskey
  • Paid
  • **** the sun

montrith, June 28, 2015, 05:15:23 pm

least two of those things are true of my grandfather who lived and died by SPAM. He literally would incorporate it into every meal.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I also have to chime in here and say my family makes meatballs with grape jelly and they're really good. I don't draw the line at the grape jelly but I absolutely draw the line at the combination of grape jelly and fucking mustard

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
I also have to chime in here and say my family makes meatballs with grape jelly and they're really good. I don't draw the line at the grape jelly but I absolutely draw the line at the combination of grape jelly and fucking mustard
fruithag, June 29, 2015, 09:34:15 pm

See, this strikes me as just plain wrong, but I think there's a burger place out there that does a peanut butter and jelly burger that's supposed to be really good. So I don't know what to think anymore!

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Yea I'm the same way. Like I refuse to believe "I shoved mustard and jelly together" is ever a good idea but I've heard of people mixing SMALL bits of grape jelly with savory meat and apparently it turns out good. I have zero interest in trying it, I think it sounds wrong, but I'll respect that it is probably in the world of culinary possibilities.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
fruithag, June 29, 2015, 09:34:15 pm

See, this strikes me as just plain wrong, but I think there's a burger place out there that does a peanut butter and jelly burger that's supposed to be really good. So I don't know what to think anymore!
Nikaer Drekin, June 29, 2015, 09:40:22 pm

burger shop near my work has this on the menu: PEANUT-BUTTER-PICKLE-BACON Sweet and Savory, Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Mayo, Grilled Onion, & Pickle

people have insisted that I try it despite my protestations that I don't fucking like peanut butter.
Sherman Tank

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
People have eaten and will eat strange and disgusting things. God knows I'm not one to judge. I think the real reason why food episodes make me go "What?" is because somewhere out there is a person who ate Taco In A Bag and though "This is great! The world needs to know the recipe!" and then someone else saw the said recipe, made it and thought "This is the best thing ever, I'm going to recommend this to the internet!".