Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:59:03 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 203: It's Toasted  (Read 23215 times)

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
203: It's Toasted #15
Someone is masturbating to your lungs right now.

Ambious

203: It's Toasted #16
I code in F++
Captain Nobeard

ham burger

• super hungay
  • Paid
203: It's Toasted #17
Three things about this episode:

• I used to have a boss with a smoking fetish at my first software job. He used to let us smoke in the office and would give me cartons of cigarettes sometimes. I had no idea that a smoking fetish was a thing until one day he got high in the office and told me that I looked really hot smoking and also I should get a lip ring. This is not a joke.
  • The smelly feet yellow teeth cigarette fetish people might be the grossest people you have ever spoken about, in large part probably because I remember the above.
  • i just had to pull off the turnpike and have my first cigarette in 7 months.

Somehow this episode was actually personally traumatizing
Boots Raingear chai tea latte Gyro Lemon montrith Bodark Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop cube abuser goombapolice Bobalay Nifty Nif strifeheart Down10 Sherman Tank Fanzay Really_Quite_Nice SHAMBA~1.SBB

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
203: It's Toasted #18
I DON'T SMOKE, GOODBYE!
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sherman Tank goombapolice McMillan and Waifu Knitting Machine zmonbobbo Gyro Liatai Madtrixr hautecouture Really_Quite_Nice MasterOfHope SHAMBA~1.SBB

Mu.

• Paid
203: It's Toasted #19

• I used to have a boss with a smoking fetish at my first software job. He used to let us smoke in the office and would give me cartons of cigarettes sometimes. I had no idea that a smoking fetish was a thing until one day he got high in the office and told me that I looked really hot smoking and also I should get a lip ring. This is not a joke.
turkey smoothie, February 07, 2016, 12:01:45 pm

That's gotta be a crime of some kind, right? Either sexual harassment or a smoking ban breach?

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
203: It's Toasted #20
I've heard you folks read some really disturbing shit, but this one got me on a personal level as well, albeit for entirely different reasons.  To me, this was worse than the foot-sniffers or the vores or even the bug-up-your-wang people.  I mean, I know that human beings will fetishise literally anything, but these fuckers you've read from need to see a goddamn psychiatrist, and that's saying something in a world with multiples in.

ham burger

• super hungay
  • Paid
203: It's Toasted #21

turkey smoothie, February 07, 2016, 12:01:45 pm

That's gotta be a crime of some kind, right? Either sexual harassment or a smoking ban breach?
Murphy, February 07, 2016, 12:45:54 pm

Both, probably. As is the case with most situations like this actually going through dealing with it would be light years worse than just leaving the job.

Ras Shame-ra

• Paid
203: It's Toasted #22
^^^^^
After quitting, I would have the occasional one or three off and on, first separated by months, and then by years. I didn't have any shit like your past boss to deal with, but you've been heading in the right direction and it's possible (if not easy) to make it past setbacks. (This has been a paid message from the anti-smoking establishment).
So, I kind of guessed coming in that smoking fetish would get brought up.

But I had also thought it would only be about fetishizing the "cool image" of smoking. What really got to me is that these people get their rocks off from the worst shit smoking does to you. The amount of times people exclaimed how much black lungs turned them on may not have been the grossest thing this podcast had for a while, but it was the most repulsive.
Aljonso, February 06, 2016, 06:56:48 pm

Yes, this had me wondering if there is any overlap between the smoking fetishists and the car exhaust fetishists.

ham burger

• super hungay
  • Paid
203: It's Toasted #23
^^^^^
After quitting, I would have the occasional one or three off and on, first separated by months, and then by years. I didn't have any shit like your past boss to deal with, but you've been heading in the right direction and it's possible (if not easy) to make it past setbacks. (This has been a paid message from the anti-smoking establishment).
Ras Shame-ra, February 07, 2016, 04:27:28 pm

I appreciate the encouragement! I'm actually doing pretty good on this front, I've been more or less quit with a few breaks here and there for a couple weeks at a time for years, now. But this was a particularly long stretch. To speak to how stupid that 'get addicted just to try it and then quit' guy is, it's amazing how i can go 8 months without thinking of one, suddenly have something remind me that cigarettes exist and get pulled back in.

That entire concept actually made me really angry. The subtext, I think, of everything that dork was saying was kind of like "well, idiots might get addicted, but I'm smart and have willpower and I'm just going to be able to walk it off, unlike you trashy ~addicts~ who just naturally fall in to this sort of thing." So in a sense, I hope he did get addicted. He deserves it.

God, everyone in this episode was just so awful.
Really_Quite_Nice

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
203: It's Toasted #24
From some of the things the ridiculists said at the end of the episode, I get the feeling that there was a bunch of cut content which was even worse, somehow.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
203: It's Toasted #25
That entire concept actually made me really angry. The subtext, I think, of everything that dork was saying was kind of like "well, idiots might get addicted, but I'm smart and have willpower and I'm just going to be able to walk it off, unlike you trashy ~addicts~ who just naturally fall in to this sort of thing." So in a sense, I hope he did get addicted. He deserves it.

God, everyone in this episode was just so awful.
turkey smoothie, February 08, 2016, 07:47:45 am
That pissed me off too!  I'm also quitting smoking and doing just okay at it.  Addiction isn't a fucking joke and it doesn't happen to losers--it can happen to anyone.  I wish the worst for this asshole.
Listening to this episode made me feel a few different ways.  For the first 20 minutes or so, I really wanted a cigarette.  As the episode continued and got grosser and grosser, I did not want a cigarette anymore.  The part about foot veins did not make me feel good.  I might read the doc to see the rest of the gross stuff if I can stomach it.
Really_Quite_Nice

Cyberventurer

• Smoke-Free
  • Paid
203: It's Toasted #26
You know how after an episode, sometimes you get weirdos coming in to earnestly talk about the topic and how it makes everyone uncomfortable?  I guess it's my turn.

I know people who smoke in real life.  There, I said it.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
203: It's Toasted #27
This episode gave me the heebies in the way that Lou Reads does in episodes like monster cock destruction or enemas. It's basically a fetish for endangering your well-being and quality of life. And in this case, fetishizing an illness, if you are one to see addiction that way. The heebiest.

It has certainly produced a quality thread though.
Really_Quite_Nice

Mu.

• Paid
203: It's Toasted #28
I was reminded of the fat fetish/feeder guys from episode five (and that outake which seems to be off the website) more than anyone else, what with the whole getting off on being super-unhealthy and giving each other advice on how to do execute a really dumb idea (picking up smoking/becoming morbidly obese).

You know how after an episode, sometimes you get weirdos coming in to earnestly talk about the topic and how it makes everyone uncomfortable?  I guess it's my turn.

I know people who smoke in real life.  There, I said it.
Cyberventurer, February 08, 2016, 10:48:54 am

Woah, me too. What're the odds?

EDIT: I was getting hints of the glasses fetishists too, but I'd better stop before I start sounding like a wine taster.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:15:55 am by Murphy »

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
203: It's Toasted #29
"Look, I don't smoke because I think it's hot, but the base game has a lot of great mechanics..."

Someone in the thefpl.us comments probably
goombapolice Ganymede