Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:44:54 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: New thefpl.us should launch before the end of the year. [point to schlong]  (Read 22766 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Update: The backlog of comments will be purged. I've tried to copy them over, but it's just not gonna work. I think the new commenting system (Disqus, with anonymity options) is a better method than what we're using now, but the system we're currently using (jcomments) is a black box, and genuinely they only want to let you export jcomments into other versions of jcomments. Fuckers. Plus the shit uses mootools.

Anyway, to reiterate, please save any comments you think are too precious to lose, because they'll be going away soon.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Update: The backlog of comments will be purged. I've tried to copy them over, but it's just not gonna work. I think the new commenting system (Disqus, with anonymity options) is a better method than what we're using now, but the system we're currently using (jcomments) is a black box, and genuinely they only want to let you export jcomments into other versions of jcomments. Fuckers. Plus the shit uses mootools.

Anyway, to reiterate, please save any comments you think are too precious to lose, because they'll be going away soon.
Lemon, December 01, 2014, 10:43:36 am
goodbye that one time people got super mad about about the word spastic and then there was a fight. good times

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings

goodbye that one time people got super mad about about the word spastic and then there was a fight. good times
AgentCoop, December 01, 2014, 02:30:43 pm

In there defense, it has way different connotations in the UK than in the USA. In the UK it's (iirc) a slur against people with motor control issues and it's not unreasonable for someone to be surprised or upset to hear it if they don't know that in the USA it's just a blanket term for "flailing nerd."

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid

AgentCoop, December 01, 2014, 02:30:43 pm

In there defense, it has way different connotations in the UK than in the USA. In the UK it's (iirc) a slur against people with motor control issues and it's not unreasonable for someone to be surprised or upset to hear it if they don't know that in the USA it's just a blanket term for "flailing nerd."
Bobalay, December 01, 2014, 09:57:58 pm
Oh yeah. I don't want it to seem like I was making light of that, more just remember a fun internet fight people got into

Navigator

• Currently Sitting Way Too Close to a Toaster
  • Paid
  • I live inside of a tree and I don't need anybody.
I'm personally gonna miss the argument about the legitimacy of creepypasta.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
I'm going to miss that guy who hates me, even though I think I know who it is.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Frank East just really hates your guts.

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
Frank West, December 04, 2014, 05:32:43 pm
End frnak west podcast occupation!

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Frank West, December 04, 2014, 05:32:43 pm
End frnak west podcast occupation!
AgentCoopsmas, December 04, 2014, 07:14:10 pm
yes we frenk

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
Please reconsider using disqus. I like my privacy, so I use ghostery, which blocks disqus. I also like the comments on the site, but not so much that I'm willing to let disqus collect my personal information. Please don't use disqus.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Please reconsider using disqus. I like my privacy, so I use ghostery, which blocks disqus. I also like the comments on the site, but not so much that I'm willing to let disqus collect my personal information. Please don't use disqus.
Fanzay, December 05, 2014, 04:54:44 am
I apreciate your concern, but there's not an option #2. The site has no database, and we need to use something which will allow comments, store them somewhere else, and it's also gotta be our filtering system, because the current F+ site was receiving about 200 junk spammy comments a day at its peak (now it's down to about 12 a day). I need to just hand that commenting system over to something else because nothing else is worth it.

The thing is, Disqus doesn't really have to track your personal information. You can still post anonymously (as a guest - It will ask for your email address, but it won't verify), and that's only data about you it's received.

scratchohey

• Bird Ghost
  • Paid
  • Break c'mon OOH
Rip in peace old comments. We'll never forget all the good times like, uh, that dude who came in to defend Malatora?

"All these...moments...will be lost...like...disqus...in ghostery. Time...to die..." ~The old comment system, 2007-2014

Seriously though, I'll have to scan through the comments when finals are over, see if I can't salvage some gold.

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
While there may not be an option to scrape the old comments, what if we got some volunteers to go through and manually archive them with the hopes of reinstating them in the future? I for one could probably get through a few pages worth of comments during downtime at work.

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
what would the point of that be

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Losing the old comments is whatever, as long as we save Forthelove's drawings and this.