Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:40:42 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale  (Read 42631 times)

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #90
Isfahano and chai tea latte should definitely read that (simultaneously) part together
chai tea latte Nifty Nif

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #91
I think I liked Finnegan's Wake better as a book than a script
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #92
nsfw: emotional feelings
NSFW content. Click to show.
Zekka, May 03, 2016, 01:45:10 am

Somewhere, in whatever insane Dadaist afterlife he ended up in, Tristan Tzara is grinning ear to ear.
Nifty Nif chai tea latte

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #93
Isfahano (The Bandit King) is my new favorite Isfahan alter-ego, way better than Blissfahan.
I love this absurd hell customer script generator, put people into it, keep going!!!
Neural nets!!!!!!
Gyro Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #94
nsfw: journalism
Lemon STOG chai tea latte Positronic Yavuz Nifty Nif Corn Syrup Sherman Tank xX_sp00ks_Xx Gyro McMillan and Waifu CapitalN goombapolice

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #95
From Welsh to Australian, awesome.
chai tea latte, May 02, 2016, 10:49:55 pm

On the next episode of Hinterland: DI Matthias and DI Rhys are trapped in a tense standoff in the only Gamespot in Aberystwyth. Things take a turn for the worse when Mathias misquotes Doctor Who in an attempt to defuse the situation.
chai tea latte Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sherman Tank Gyro RoeCocoa NotHelpingMatters

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #96
It's getting smarter!  That montrith corpus really helped.

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #97
It's getting smarter!  That montrith corpus really helped.
Nifty Nif, May 03, 2016, 10:01:27 pm

nsfw: a peek behind the veil
Nifty Nif chai tea latte CapitalN
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:18:37 pm by Zekka »

Corn Syrup

• Paid
  • hit it and quidditch
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #98
nsfw: journalism
Zekka, May 03, 2016, 08:53:29 pm

This is a thing of beauty.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #99
The Canterbury Tales: Cutting-Room Floor Edition
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Yavuz Zekka Nifty Nif

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #100
Isfahan: Can I change your /meet photo to the Dillinger/Isfahano photo?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #101
Proceed! If ever there was something quite necessary, it was this.
Lemon Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sherman Tank xX_sp00ks_Xx Ashto Nifty Nif

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #102
Done.
Zekka

chases parked cars

• licensed furaffinity inspector
  • Paid
  • Can I interest you in a $3 warranty?
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #103
As an actual IRL GameStop Employeeâ„¢, I can personally verify the following:
  • Nobody fucking applauds in GameStop. No one in there ever wants to draw attention to themselves. Unless they're Nintendo nerds. God I hate Nintendo nerds.
  • You will be written up for being rude to customers, because they're probably going to go and complain. Being rude to somebody you disagree with isn't gonna get you a round of applause. People are also a LOT more likely to gang up on you for having a dissenting opinion than they are to clap for you.
  • There is no such thing as an "employee of the month" at my store or any store in my region. I obviously can't speak for every district, but IME, we're a very collectivist kind of company that doesn't value personal achievement as much as store or district achievement. The only personal achievements that the company cares about are your pre-order and warranty numbers, and even if your numbers are good, if the rest of the store has shit for numbers, you may as well be a speck of dust.
  • Kids screaming at their parents bc the parents won't let them buy GTA after you give them the whole ESRB spiel is an actual thing. It is never not hilarious. The way that person described the whole GTA vs Pokemon scenario? Not likely an actual thing that happened.
  • On that note, I'm a fucking nerd and 90% of the flair on my lanyard is Pokemon-related, and my lanyard itself is Bulbasaur-print. I've probably only gotten one or two negative comments the whole time I've been using it. Pokemon is huge with the older crowd right now and people have grown out of making fun of it.
  • People actually do very often act like HUGE assholes to disabled customers. We have several regulars who have physical and mental disabilities and people shove their way in front of them in line, interrupt their questions to ask questions of their own, talk shit on them the moment they leave...yeah, the whole nine yards. I've had to verbally reprimand somebody for making horrible comments about one of our regulars who is Deaf, but that's probably the closest it's come to anything like that story. And generally, people get a clue after you give them a stern look anyway.
  • Replica weapons are not allowed in stores. Even the foam Minecraft swords we sell? Yeah, brandishing those is not a good idea. Not necessarily because they look like real weapons; mostly because your average GameStop is not exactly a giant store with a lot of open space, and you could seriously do damage to our displays or to other customers.
  • Cons overflowing into GameStops after the end of a con is common and it's also annoying as fuck. Con people stink, they're loud, and they loiter. They can be in our store wasting space for up to multiple hours at a time and it is the worst goddamned thing. At least Orochimaru spent over $300 that one time.
  • I have been applauded. By my coworkers. For dropping things, walking into things, knocking things over...yeah, you get the idea. And that's about it.
That said, the most badass thing I've ever seen a GameStop employee do was when the Assistant Store Manager was dealing with a serial shoplifter he'd known from back when he worked for Sam Goody (rip). He caught the guy sneaking some accessories into his pockets (he'd done this before at our store), and when the guy came up to the register (because it's VERY common for shoplifters to actually legitimately buy some things even while they steal other merchandise, as other retail workers probably know), the ASM just looked him in the eyes, said, "I know you. You're <name redacted>. You've been stealing from me for at least five years now. What's in your pocket?" And the guy pulls out the accessory, puts it on the counter, the ASM and the shoplifter just fucking shake hands, have an amicable conversation, ASM tells him to never come into the store again, and bam. Haven't seen the guy since.

My ASM is basically a certified badass and is the person that I want to be someday. Sadly, he's quitting soon.

Oh, right, and nobody clapped. Because there were maybe two other people in the store at the time and they were minding their own business. As actual GameStop shoppers do.

One thing I will say is that GameStop is DEFINITELY one of those places where "lol that can't be real" stories actually can happen (see above). That said, it's ridiculously rare and most times you deal with a rowdy customer or shoplifter are pretty mundane. Not the kind of thing you'd blog about. And if you're interested in reading stupid GameStop stories that actually did happen, see my thread here! I'll hopefully be updating it again soon. In fact, lemme know if you want me to elaborate on any of the above, and I'll talk more about that in my thread!

also, darkrai distribution is currently going, so make sure you get your code before they're gone ;D
Zekka chai tea latte Corn Syrup Yavuz RoeCocoa One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Lemon positive stress McMillan and Waifu Down10 Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Nifty Nif Captain Nobeard Bodark Sherman Tank NotHelpingMatters

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Episode 210: Adventures In ReTale #104
I only live to speak shit.

Yeah, pretty much.
Nifty Nif Gyro