Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:08:01 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong  (Read 8676 times)

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong #15
Ugh, these people are irritating. Any author who thinks they don't need an editor is delusional.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong #16
Ugh, these people are irritating. Any author who thinks they don't need an editor is delusional.
Caroline, May 31, 2016, 03:00:27 am

I'm no means a professional writer but for my last manuscript I had five drafts, a content editor and a professional line editor that cost me an arm and a leg. Because I know I needed it.

E: holy crap I finally got around to listening to the episode and I'm actually friends with a mod from fantasy-faction.com. They still laugh about that guy to this day!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:24:07 am by Knitting Machine »

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong #17
This kind of episode is extremely my booger sugar, so Cheapskate:

Bodark cube abuser Nifty Nif Lemon goombapolice Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte Nickel_Nips Achilles' Heelies Sherman Tank McMillan and Waifu RoeCocoa Yavuz Knitting Machine montrith Dawnswalker STOG A Meat Fanzay John Toast

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong #18
Lookit what came up in my DriveThruRPG recommendations:

Arena Fighters (Rule Book) by M.R. Mathias

The first sentence of the description?

#1 Amazon Bestseller!

It's got a stellar rating of 1/5 stars! Let's look at the comments:

Extremely disillusioned. Rules look like they took 5 minutes to create and are by no stretch of the imagination an RPG. First time I have ever had to give an unqualified "Do not waste your money" comment. Amazon #1 Bestseller???? Can only assume that this was simply a scam to soak $4.99 from unsuspecting victims.

And the authour responds:

I played this game against at least 700 people last year at Dragon Con. Most of them, I played multiple times, on multiple days, and I will hopefully be there again this year if you want to try and beat me.

Stay classy M.R. Mathias!
Lemon Corn Syrup Nifty Nif

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong #19
I played this game against at least 700 people last year at Dragon Con. Most of them, I played multiple times, on multiple days, and I will hopefully be there again this year if you want to try and beat me.
KingKalamari, September 26, 2016, 05:20:25 pm

At what, M.R. Ducks Mathias? RPG design?

If you, the game designer, beat all comers at your game, that doesn't make it a good game. Your brain is broken.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Episode 213: You're Reviewing It Wrong #20
KingKalamari, September 26, 2016, 05:20:25 pm

If you, the game designer, beat all comers at your game, that doesn't make it a good game.
Isfahan, September 26, 2016, 06:56:57 pm
I beg to differ, I've never been bested at Calvinball before
Lemon chai tea latte Nifty Nif Fanzay nuffkins, of all people, Liatai Sherman Tank