Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:59 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Least likeable subjects  (Read 25587 times)

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Least likeable subjects #15
I think part of what makes it more bearable is the readers suffering with you and cracking jokes every once in a while— whereas Lou just reading it straight makes you feel the full force of the blow.
A Whirring Bone-White Gleech gee golly gosh

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Least likeable subjects #16
Honestly, pretty much everyone featured on The F Plus is downright lovable compared to the creeps that Lou reads.
Boy Horny, July 01, 2013, 04:22:19 pm
Except for the stoners and the people who had gotten terrible Christmas presents over at SomethingAwful.
Navigator

Delcat

• Paid
Least likeable subjects #17
I agree with Healslime's post, but I can't feel the same way about fundies.  The damage they do is very real, which is why they're one of my favorite subjects.

Boy Horny

Least likeable subjects #18
You're gonna want to avoid his cum eating episode
and that dark fetish episode
and the bestiality-justifying episode
and his first vore episode (I don't think that the pokemon vore one is that bad)
and the fetlife episode
and the large penis episode
and the small penis episode
and the penis enlargement episode
and the eunuch episode
and the zootube one
and the stormfront oneobjectivelyhorribleperson, July 01, 2013, 09:24:42 pm
The bugchasers episode is just fine though.  And it's not what you think - there are no insects involved at all! 

it's unimaginably worse than that

Delcat

• Paid
Least likeable subjects #19
The bugchasers episode is just fine though.  And it's not what you think - there are no insects involved at all!
Boy Horny, July 02, 2013, 12:45:11 am

Oh good Lord no.  The relief I had that the F+ bug ep wasn't about bugchasing is evaporating.

agentanalogue

• Reagent Provocateur
  • Paid
  • AMACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Least likeable subjects #20
roosh.  roosh roosh. ROOSH.  roos roosh roosh roosh roosh roosh.  ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHROOSHROOSHROOSHROOSHROOSHROOSHrooshrooshROOOOOOOOSHrooshrooshrooshrooshrooshrooshrooshrooshROOSHrooshROOSHrooshROOSHrooshROOSHrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Least likeable subjects #21
As an Official Gay Person I'm authorized to tell you all that bugchasing is 95% made up and 5% elaborate roleplay.

agentanalogue

• Reagent Provocateur
  • Paid
  • AMACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Least likeable subjects #22
Yeah, I actually HAVE listened to Lou's bugchaser episode, and I felt similarly horrified at first too.  but now that I have a year's emotional distance, I realize that HAD to be fantasy.  if nothing else there's a tipoff in the 'My Biker Friend' part.  lots of urban legend-y things involve random bikers, kind of like the demon's episode of F-Plus (her boyfriend was a biker and had a curse of SUBJUGATION upon her etc..etc...)

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
Least likeable subjects #23
Like a lot of the super crazy fetish shit theirs probably that .01% that really is into it, and the occasional guy who cuts and runs at the last second but its easy to believe most of it is just complete lies. Lou breaks character surprisingly infrequently, though how and why he recorded at work I'll never understand.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Least likeable subjects #24
Like a lot of the super crazy fetish shit theirs probably that .01% that really is into it, and the occasional guy who cuts and runs at the last second but its easy to believe most of it is just complete lies. Lou breaks character surprisingly infrequently, though how and why he recorded at work I'll never understand.
Yossarian, July 03, 2013, 04:28:55 pm

It keeps people from bugging him.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Least likeable subjects #25
As an Official Gay Person I'm authorized to tell you all that bugchasing is 95% made up and 5% elaborate roleplay.
kal-elk, July 03, 2013, 01:27:54 am

I dunno, the rape story that guy talks about is creepily specific...
objectivelyhorribleperson, July 06, 2013, 08:29:32 pm

So is a description of a lady that gives the weight of her breasts and the ratio of that to her total body weight.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Least likeable subjects #26
kal-elk, July 03, 2013, 01:27:54 am

I dunno, the rape story that guy talks about is creepily specific...
objectivelyhorribleperson, July 06, 2013, 08:29:32 pm
Yeah, like Cuddles says, lots of weird fetish stuff is. Think back to the -17.5 / -14 with three diopters glasses over contact lenses stuff from She Thinks My Sex Are Spexy.

Delcat

• Paid
Least likeable subjects #27
And you thought algebra would never be useful in the real world!

My copy of She Thinks My Sex Are Spexy is glitched and I'm reluctant to fix it because I keep hearing vague, unsettling things about the last (?) subject and I have complex, specific eye problems.  I'm probably picturing much worse things than are actually in the episode, but I'm afraid they'll start describing the corrective equipment in my bad eye and I'll never leave the house again.

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
Least likeable subjects #28
Unschoolers and Child-Free Hardcore people are my least liked subjects, which is why I'm glad they were covered. I'm saying this as someone who at this point in time intends to live a child-free life, for the sole reason that I'm not fit for parenting right now. Other people can have kids, I don't mind, if they want to raise a family that's great, I'd just prefer not to myself.

And that's where the Hardcore section of this group goes off the damn rails, talking about how NOBODY SHOULD HAVE BABIES EVER BECAUSE THEY'RE DEMONSPAWN and such.

I dunno, I'm just rambling at this point. I don't want kids, but I don't think it's anyone's business to meddle in the affairs of people who do want kids, is what I'm getting at.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
Least likeable subjects #29
i think in general any subject where people are actively making others behave in antisocial or toxic ways are kinda :\

PUAs, MRAs, unschoolers, CF-hardcore, fat activism, otherkin and tumblr asexuals all sort of fall under this umbrella.

there's something charming about the madness of monkeymoms or the delusions of failed kickstarters, something endearing about terrible fanfiction and weird fetishes.

but i think it's because ultimately those people do harm only to themselves (or their monkeys i guess) and you can sort of chuckle at it.

but when people are actively working to deconstruct basic necessary societal elements (like respect of women, trying to stay mildly healthy, trying to function like a normal human, looking down on others for the basic desire to reproduce, actively attempting to raise a child who can't behave well in a structured social setting etc) there's a line that gets toed across where while you can laugh, you also really really want these people to stop.
because while bad fanfiction might make you cringe a little at someone's lack of writing ability, it's not going to leak into the real world and have actual ramifications if it does. well, unless you count twilight. but even twilight doesn't fuck shit up like an unschooler can fuck up a classroom (or a kid) or a pua/mra can fuck up a woman's life via abuse or pushing for weird regulations.

the rediculists manage to make even the abhorant topics really funny, though, which is part of why i like the podcast.