Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:28 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 203256 times)

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #615
Just saw 3. I liked it but my opinion holds that 1 is the best of the series. Still very good.

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #616
Just saw 3. I liked it but my opinion holds that 1 is the best of the series. Still very good.
Turtle, May 20, 2019, 02:46:28 pm

Saw 1 was better indeed.

<sorry>

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #617
Detective Pikachu was fun, but honestly I was hoping for a little more. The fight scenes could have been a little more dynamic, there could have been a few more jokes, the set pieces could have been taken up a few notches. The whole film just plods a bit, like they had a story for a film fifteen minutes shorter and just slowed everything down. There's some bits that are really pretty good but there's also loads of places where the action feels like it's happening underwater, the set pieces overstay their welcome without ever escalating and the conversations go on without achieving all that much. I felt a step ahead of the characters the whole way through too, to the point where it was getting frustrating to wait for them to catch up to the thing that was immediately obvious to the viewer.

I do have to say though that I had not expected that twist ending for a second. They got me on that one (although thinking back I can't really pick up anywhere they foreshadowed it).

sambair

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #618
If you like terrible high-concept Hollywood movies and Matthew McConaughey's butt, Serenity is moderately entertaining.
Dr. Buttplug Nikaer Drekin

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Movies We've Seen Recently #619
If you're a cyberpunk aficionado like me [goatee] [fedora] Appleseed Alpha kinda sucks. However the character designs are neat and Wendel Calvert's voice performance brings some much needed personality to the whole affair.

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Movies We've Seen Recently #620
If you're a cyberpunk aficionado like me [goatee] [fedora] Appleseed Alpha kinda sucks. However the character designs are neat and Wendel Calvert's voice performance brings some much needed personality to the whole affair.
Dr. Buttplug, May 27, 2019, 08:16:49 am

The original movie and Ex Machina were pretty good for what they were, but god was alpha a misstep. If you like the design/concepts the manga might be more your speed, if you don't mind it being an older one.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Movies We've Seen Recently #621

The original movie and Ex Machina were pretty good for what they were, but god was alpha a misstep. If you like the design/concepts the manga might be more your speed, if you don't mind it being an older one.
Mix, May 27, 2019, 12:42:25 pm
Does it actually get deeper or is it all surface level from a philosophical standpoint? From the manga covers I saw the female lead looked young and hydrocephalic. I fear the romance will get gross in a Japanese way I don't like. Also im far too busy being a Sci Fi literature dorkus to buy manga right now.

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Movies We've Seen Recently #622

Mix, May 27, 2019, 12:42:25 pm
Does it actually get deeper or is it all surface level from a philosophical standpoint? From the manga covers I saw the female lead looked young and hydrocephalic. I fear the romance will get gross in a Japanese way I don't like. Also im far too busy being a Sci Fi literature dorkus to buy manga right now.
Dr. Buttplug, May 27, 2019, 04:03:08 pm

Kinda??? It's ultimately always gonna be overshadowed by GitS which basically just did it all but better, but I do remember liking how they handled the shit with Briareos (note: he's the same age as Deunan, which was easier to tell before the incident that made it so he had to be robot-ified), but admittedly its also been a while since I watched these.
Dr. Buttplug

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
Movies We've Seen Recently #623
I am more bored today than I have been in a long time, so I decided I'd see a movie. There's nothing good playing at the theatres today except for John Wick 3. I haven't seen the first two. Today I am going to watch all of the John Wick movies.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Macho Masc Sangy Savage chai tea latte

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #624
John Wick 1 and 2 were good. I liked the imagery of the gold coins being used as a currency for those in a different world (reminds me a lot of the idea of Charon from Greek mythology requiring gold obols for passage, especially considering that the gold coins were used to pay off CHARlie, a cleaner who takes care of dead bodies). The music and choreography and everything is all very good. It reminded me a lot of Oldboy thematically, especially with the stuff considering revenge as damnation. Only gripe is how in the second movie they changed the "What are you doing?" "Looking at you." exchange to include the lines "What are you doing?" "Waiting for you.". It felt silly, but not the good kind of silly that the other silly parts of these movies had. Can't wait to see the sequel in 2 hours!
GirlKisser420 Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #625
Just got back from the theatres seeing John Wick 3: Parabellum, and man they should have just called that movie John Wick Chapter 3: Part One. The ending of the second movie was kind of ambiguous as to whether there'd be a sequel or not (I mean we live in hell so of course there'd be a sequel, but I think the image of John Wick fleeing, chased by hell and all of it's demons would be a fine note to end on), but this one is basically John Wick saying he's going to finish this fight. Aside from that, the fights are back and they are better than ever. John gets a 2x horse combo, is confused by glass some more, and a dog bites a bunch of guys in the dick. The effects are significantly better as well, which is pretty noticeable considering how much gorier this movie is from the last one. The new ideas and themes they introduced kind of shifted the thesis away from damnation and more towards trust, human nature, and the consequences of making choices (you can tell the last one is pretty important because there are like 3 scenes where characters just say the word "consequences" to each other instead of talking). The new characters are all great, the returning characters are all great, the dog is back, and there's gonna be another one, so I guess it's a good movie.
Final John Wick Ratings:
John Wick Chapter 1: 7.5 Wicks out of 10
John Wick Chapter 2: 8.5 Wicks out of 10
John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum: 8 Wicks out of 10
sambair chai tea latte

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #626
Just saw Anna. It was pretty fun and the structure was neat, but it really feels like it doesn't quite live up to what it wants to be. It's got this cycle where it throws a twist and then jumps back to explain how that thing happened, which would be really cool in a movie that was a bit more complicated and a bit more clever, but none of it is quite intricate enough to really blow your mind and the end result is that it doesn't quite sell you on the idea that these are cold war superspies. The action portions of the film are really great, but honestly it probably could have done with one more good action sequence. When she's killing her way through a horde of guys it's great, but it doesn't quite have enough of that to really stand as an action film either. It wasn't bad but there's a good bit of missed potential.

Also, I forgot to post about Godzilla but it was kind of disappointing. There are too many parts about annoying human people being angry at each other over dumb shit (as per modern monster movie tradition), and there's not enough of the giant monsters stomping on them. When the giant monsters do start smashing cities and people they're really good, but they don't do enough of it because they're pre-occupied waving at each other in fights that really don't have enough impact, and we keep having to cut away to watch a man shout at his ex-wife, because for some reason that's what Hollywood thinks I want to see in a film called "Godzilla: King of the Monsters". Mothra and Rodan deserve more screen time. Also this is just me but you know when a film says something that doesn't actually mean anything because it sounds cool and they think the audience won't care? Well there's no such thing as a category six hurricane.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Movies We've Seen Recently #627
Watched Cat Samurai last night, which is a delightful and silly movie. I thought it would be a little more "serious" as a samurai protects a cat, but there's an overarching plot of a town split in half between a cat lover clan and a dog lover clan. There's apparently a series that I'm going to check out after.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:05:45 pm by Bobguinary Novel »

GenesisAlwaysSucked

• She Blow That Dick Like a Cello
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #628
Watched Cat Samurai last night, which is a delightful and silly movie. I thought it would be a little more "serious" as a samurai protects a cat, but there's an overarching plot of a town split in half between a cat lover clan and a dog lover clan. There's apparently a series that I'm going to check out after.
Bobguinary Novel, July 07, 2019, 10:23:17 pm

Cat Samurai leads to a real delightful Google Image Search.
Dr. Buttplug Macho Masc Sangy Savage Eider Duck

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #629
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw is exactly what I expected and I loved it. A tonne of actually very good actors playing obvious characters in the dumbest pretend-serious action movie storyline going with the least believable stunts and flashiest set pieces going.

10/10, would recommend to everyone else who is also a 12 year old boy inside.