Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:06:59 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: star wars thread  (Read 52467 times)

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
star wars thread #90
I have a question for everyone here who has watched the newer Star Wars films: what do you think of Kylo Ren?

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
star wars thread #91
I have a question for everyone here who has watched the newer Star Wars films: what do you think of Kylo Ren?
Kaleidoscope, February 24, 2018, 12:17:53 am
hes cool

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
star wars thread #92
Kylo Ren is interesting because he's explicitly this weird awkward asshole who fails constantly. It's new territory for star wars and I identify with it.
Kaleidoscope chai tea latte Moose Yavuz

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
star wars thread #93
Haven't seen Force Awakens, but I have seen Last Jedi. I really liked the idea of someone who was so fed up with both sides of the Force that he wanted to give up on the Jedi and the Sith entirely.

Of course, that's too interesting an idea for Star Wars, so they had to walk that back by the end of Last Jedi so that Star Wars can keep being Star Wars.

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
star wars thread #94
Haven't seen Force Awakens, but I have seen Last Jedi. I really liked the idea of someone who was so fed up with both sides of the Force that he wanted to give up on the Jedi and the Sith entirely.

Of course, that's too interesting an idea for Star Wars, so they had to walk that back by the end of Last Jedi so that Star Wars can keep being Star Wars.
RADICAL SANDWICH ANARCHY, February 24, 2018, 02:39:21 am

check out Knights of the Old Republic 2 if you haven't.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
star wars thread #95
I guess I'm the minority here or rather I think Kylo could be interesting but it seems to be a victim of bad writing thanks to TLJ. Like he has potential but they haven't unlocked it yet.
Mique RoeCocoa

Ambious

star wars thread #96
I like what they've done with Kylo. A dark side character constantly feeling regret and doubt and pull towards the light rather than the cliched opposite.
I also like that he didn't (yet) have a redemption arc. I don't think every story has to go that way.

RADICAL SANDWICH ANARCHY, February 24, 2018, 02:39:21 am

The interesting part about it is that technically neither Kylo Ren nor Snoke are Sith. They're Dark Jedi, yes, but not Sith.
The differences may be semantic at best, but they're there.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
star wars thread #97
My problem is that Kylo comes off as an immature brat instead of someone you’re supposed to fear. I understand he’s grappling with his inner demons and the like but he really comes off as a child who wants a toy instead of someone who instills fear.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
star wars thread #98
My problem is that Kylo comes off as an immature brat instead of someone you’re supposed to fear. I understand he’s grappling with his inner demons and the like but he really comes off as a child who wants a toy instead of someone who instills fear.
Kaleidoscope, February 26, 2018, 02:27:09 pm

You say that like the thought of an immature brat who wants a toy doesn't strike fear into the hearts of parents and babysitters everywhere.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte Kaleidoscope

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
star wars thread #99
Kylo is that immature petulant child, only he's been given real tangible power. That's what's frightening. It's like if your shitty two year old suddenly whipped out a gun.
Yavuz Nikaer Drekin

Bunnybread

• You're welcome, genitals of the world.
  • Ridiculist
star wars thread #100
like if your shitty two year old suddenly whipped out a gun.
Jackal Flapnasty, February 27, 2018, 12:45:17 am

Which is also a fairly standard fear that most American parents and babysitters have.
Dr. Buttplug Mix Shell Game

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
star wars thread #101
I think the problem for me is that LF keeps on trying to make Kylo Ren the next Darth Vader and he’s not. He’s not intimidating in the least. He reminds me of those teenagers who act as if they are so oppressed because they’re a bit quirky and act like an asshole for no good reason. He’s one of the major failings of this new SW trilogy and it got worse when Rian ‘I Have a Hard On for Kylo Ren’ Johnson stepped in to direct the TLJ. Instead of trying to make the character scary or a credible threat, he tried to make us feel sad for Kylo and fucked up fantastically on that front

Just an FYI, I have no love for Rian Johnson.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
star wars thread #102
I went back and watched the original trilogy recently, because I'd never actually seen them, only the prequels when I was growing up and, more recently, Last Jedi.

They're pretty good movies, and in a weird way, I think the much lower budget of the first one was to its advantage. The lightsaber fight in it is laughably bad, but because they don't have the budget for any neat special effects, the Force is more of a mystical sense than a superpower. Off the top of my head, the only time someone actively does something with the force is the Jedi mind trick.

Also, now that I've seen all of them, I can see the all the bits and pieces that Disney is Disney-ing in order to make the new movies feel like Star Wars. If there's one thing that dystopian media conglomerate is good at, it's making things that feel like the things that you remember.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
star wars thread #103
Another question: is anyone genuinely excited about the Han Solo movie?

duz

• Paid
star wars thread #104
Yes, but mainly because it's more classic era Star Wars.
I would be more excited if they let Lord and Miller finish since they're solid.