Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:39 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 115: Why Can't Social Studies Be More Like Call Of Duty?  (Read 13306 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
with Isfahan, Adam Bozarth, Boots Raingear, and Lemon.

Edited by Adam Bozarth

Content for this episode was provided by Montrith.

One of the reasons why so many movies and televisions shows are set in high school is because, to varying degrees, the high school experience leaves an indelible mark on all of us. Our first experiences with sexual rejection, social politicking, and your own purpose in a greater society - these are difficult concepts which frustrated many of us when we were teenagers. And then, as we learned from school-survival.net, these can also be concepts some of us never grasped, and never could manage to get over. This week, The F Plus wants you to lose weight for school pictures.

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
The podcast app is not showing a new episode and the link to iTunes on thefpl.us is saying it is invalid. Anyone else having trouble?

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I'm looking at it right now in the iTunes store, and it's all set up right in the RSS feed. Fix yer iTunes, dog.

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
I went into the itunes store and manged to download it. I think its just the podcast app's latest update broke everything. Its showing the date as Dec 31 2000 on mobile and correctly on my desktop. A few other podcasts are also screwed up similarly so I guess this is the last apple product i'll buy.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Mandelbrot Fedora is totally the name of my polk-funk band. We play polkas with a lot of synthesizer and Mighty Boosh-esque costumes.

Our big hit is "The Finnish Content Machine".
montrith

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
I lost my shit at the Flynn/Lumpy Space Princess crossover. If I had a modicum of drawing talent I would attempt to illustrate that, because it was beautiful.

Zsa Zsa

• Paid
I was pretty delinquent at secondary school and at one point I started faking reports and homework records using stolen stationary. It was quite an elaborate edifice but inevitably after six months it all came crashing down and I earned a month of detention and a stereo bollocking from my parents.

One of the cathartic things about growing up is understanding that while your younger self deserved an ass kicking for their dumb antics, the fact that you realize this is evidence that the world has already knocked you into shape. Every time I dwell on the mistakes I made in the past I try and be comforted that in my case at least justice has been served.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
the fact that you realize this is evidence that the world has already knocked you into shape.
Well and also that even in retrospect it might not have been a mistake. I skipped a lot of school in softmore year, and more often than not I ended up doing things that were more intellectually stimulating and productive than school was at the time, so I think even though there were downsides I don't regret skipping all that school. I do regret taking about half the drugs I took during that time.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
But only half.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
But only half.
Runic, November 13, 2013, 02:06:51 pm
Sounds about right to me.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episodes like these bring smiles to my face because the exhibits are funny without being too heavy or too disgusting. The humor is in the ridiculousness of it and the understanding of what's fueling it.
chai tea latte Adler cube abuser slandersonn

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
Episodes like these bring smiles to my face because the exhibits are funny without being too heavy or too disgusting. The humor is in the ridiculousness of it and the understanding of what's fueling it.
Isfahan, November 13, 2013, 04:29:49 pm

Much like the general teenager one from quite some time ago, I can see this being one I revisit quite a bit for exactly those reasons. Also the Flynn/LSP voice.

Username

• Paid
If you're into raw foods you may know him

David Avocado Wolfe

https://www.facebook.com/DavidAvocadoWolfe

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
I feel kind of bad now, huh.