Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:55 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So I'm taking a unity game development course  (Read 12960 times)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So I'm taking a unity game development course
Mostly to keep myself interested as I learn how C# works.

IN ANY CASE they told me I had to share my shitty game so what better than to inflict it on all of you??? Exactly.

BEHOLD! The shortness and crappiness.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
So I'm taking a unity game development course #1
Oh man that hyper-vampire ending was evocative man. Even more so with disgusting rags in my pants.

Ambious

So I'm taking a unity game development course #2

Am I being trolled?

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
So I'm taking a unity game development course #3
Am I being trolled?
Ambious, January 08, 2016, 07:45:02 am

Nnnooooo. It's pretty self-explanatory.

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
So I'm taking a unity game development course #4
Would you recommend that course? Cause most of the online courses I've tried in the past are pretty goddamn terrible.
On a related note, -NEVER- take any courses from LearnSmart.

Ambious

So I'm taking a unity game development course #5
Am I being trolled?
Ambious, January 08, 2016, 07:45:02 am

Nnnooooo. It's pretty self-explanatory.
Boots Raingear, January 08, 2016, 08:57:20 am

Yeah, but I don't want to live in a universe where something is compatible in IE and not in Chrome - and to be honest, I wouldn't want to be contributing to the rise such a world either.
Has the world learned nothing from Flash?

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
So I'm taking a unity game development course #6
Yeah, but I don't want to live in a universe where something is compatible in IE and not in Chrome - and to be honest, I wouldn't want to be contributing to the rise such a world either.
Ambious, January 08, 2016, 10:43:57 am

Your metaphor is upside-down, Chrome has its own Flash engine built in, and it's the only one that chose to do so.

However, I just opened up the page in Opera and got the same message.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So I'm taking a unity game development course #7
Would you recommend that course? Cause most of the online courses I've tried in the past are pretty goddamn terrible.
On a related note, -NEVER- take any courses from LearnSmart.
Ashto, January 08, 2016, 09:29:15 am

The instructors are personable. The challenges so far are pretty simplistic (from what I understand the difficulty ramps considerably). Also its on sale for $10, so if you can afford it and are interested, why not?

Do you have any long-term goals regarding development you are trying to achieve?

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
So I'm taking a unity game development course #8
I've been using Gamemaker, which is great for 2D games and rapid prototyping, but little else. So my ultimate scope would be to broaden into 3D development and maybe applications.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
So I'm taking a unity game development course #9
Sooo, do I have to download unity web player to play it? Because when I opened up IE for the first time in ten thousand years to play it, that's what it told me.

Ambious

Ambious, January 08, 2016, 10:43:57 am

Your metaphor is upside-down, Chrome has its own Flash engine built in, and it's the only one that chose to do so.

However, I just opened up the page in Opera and got the same message.
Lemon, January 08, 2016, 10:53:18 am

Granted, I botched that one.
Still, it doesn't technically require me to install a 3rd party add-on.
It's active-x all over again.

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid

IN ANY CASE they told me I had to share my shitty game so what better than to inflict it on all of you??? Exactly.

jack chick, January 08, 2016, 12:58:20 am

Do you need any help with C# itself? I have only used Unity a little bit but I spend a lot of time tutoring new programmers. I'm not a C# expert but I know most of the languages C# shamelessly plundered features from. (Java, Haskell, Icon, Prolog, and so on.)

I also admin for a gamedev chatroom I could give you the details for, although most of the users there are more into Game Maker.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell

jack chick, January 08, 2016, 12:58:20 am

Do you need any help with C# itself? I have only used Unity a little bit but I spend a lot of time tutoring new programmers. I'm not a C# expert but I know most of the languages C# shamelessly plundered features from. (Java, Haskell, Icon, Prolog, and so on.)

I also admin for a gamedev chatroom I could give you the details for, although most of the users there are more into Game Maker.
Zekka, January 08, 2016, 01:54:14 pm

Ashto - This is the course - they have other ones, and they are all on sale right now.

Zekka - I might? One of my coworkers has several hours of Unity/C# tutorial videos that he's made and has offered his assistance, but I also think he's an ass so I prefer not dealing with him? :D

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
Sure, let me know.

I'm on irc.boredirc.com/#gmc all the time if you want to get through to me without bugging me through the forums. Connecting to IRC is an ancient hacker secret.

Your coworker probably knows way more than me about Unity (he can't possibly know less) but it's possible I'll be able to help you with the language itself/why certain design decisions were probably made.

You may also want to hit up irc.freenode.net/##csharp or irc.freenode.net/#unity3d.

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
I tried every browser I have. It wants me to install Unity Web Player, so I did.  Then I tried the page again, and it still asks me to install Unity Web Player, so I did again.  I tried the page a third time, same message.

Boring game, jack.  Limited replay value.  Two stars.
Nifty Nif Lemon NutshellGulag strifeheart