Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:47:55 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 203348 times)

NEETfreak

• Paid
  • Work and money are for people without ambitions
Movies We've Seen Recently #645
Saw Frozen 2 with my family and I was pretty intrigued by the conflict.  The story itself was as predictable as they come but the lack of a true antagonist was well done.  Not going to say more without spoiling so I will stop here.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #646
Knives Out:
Rian Johnson is good at making movies. a star studded cast (ana de armas should win an oscar for this) with daniel craig trying SO VERY VERY HARD to make a louisiana accent as poirot-lookalike Benoit Blanc. Wonderful homage to everything fans like about the whodunit genre while giving us fun stuff along the way. 4.5 stars, half a star docked for not developing the supporting characters fully. A++ sweater game

Parasite:
Bong Joon-Ho good. this movie extremely good. Going to watch it several more times. Possibly a flawless movie. 5 stars

The Irishman:
i watched this and 2 hours in was like. jesus. how long is this fucking thing. but it owned. a really great series of performances and the length is justified. 5 stars

21 Bridges:
I like it when cars blow up in an action movie. 3.5 stars

charlie's angels reboot: kstew is my wife but this was anemic. 3.5 stars
jenny slate: stage fright: good ass comedy special. give it 10, ideally 15, minutes to grow on u. exemplary. 4 stars
FinchChunk
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:59:15 pm by chai tea latte »

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #647
I watched Bad Times At The El Royale recently, it was a hoot. It had some great characters and an interesting setup, it had Jeff Bridges doing his thing and it didn't fall into the trap of explaining everything that we see. I was regularly surprised by the film while watching it and it was overall quite compelling.

Angora Gomorrah

• just another cat on the internet
  • Paid
  • this is the life I chose
Movies We've Seen Recently #648
I saw Last Christmas last week. It was rather enjoyable and if you're into silly holiday movies I'd definitely recommend it.

duz

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #649
Cats.

The reviews are accurate.
chai tea latte Mr. Hunky Academia Salubrious Rex sambair A Meat Runic Yavuz

sambair

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #650
New Star Wars is okay.
Cats is amazing.

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
Movies We've Seen Recently #651
Shadow (2018) is an incredible display not just in cinematography, but also in crafting a story that justifies such lavish imagery. Some might say it's pretentious, but in these days I would say that a movie that chooses to convey it's narrative points in such a distinct cinematic fashion should be considered radical. 

Diploskull

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #652
Cats was great, if you want to watch a movie like that. (I do.)
sambair Runic duz

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #653
Jojo Rabbit is really good, made me cry.
Ambious

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
Movies We've Seen Recently #654
Brainblast (1987)
GirlKisser420

Pavlova

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #655
Ooh, I've seen a ton. (Perks of working at a theatre.)

Cats - just the best experience. I got drunk and watched it and it was goddamn fun.

1917 - not a fan of war films, but I loved that one. it's amazing how they've shot it.

The Gentlemen - not Guy Richie's best in my mind, but it's still very funny and quite clever.

Little Women - Greta Gerwig was robbed a Best Director nomination. It's phenomenal.

Frozen 2 - better songs than the first one.

Jumanji 2 - exactly the same as the first one, but still fun. Danny Devito is a treasure.

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Movies We've Seen Recently #656
I finally got around to watching You Were Never Really Here(2018), the latest movie from the director who directed We Need To Talk About Kevin back in 2011. It was good, I guess? 'Enjoyed' is not a word that can really be used to describe a movie focusing on grim subject matter like that, so I guess I'll say that I appreciated what it was going for and probably will end up picking up a physical copy at some point. One of those things that's hard to recommend just because, well. Subject matter. But. You know.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #657
Little women: Florence Pugh can do no wrong! What a queen! Her Amy March was so good! Saoirse + Timothee are excellent on screen together just like in lady bird and boy howdy Greta Gerwig's films just really do it for me. Her adaptation of the story is a joy. I expect that reddit type people rather hated this one! 4 stars

1917: dope dope dope. Boys being boys. It's gonna win best picture because the blocking and cinematography is just splendid. I go absolutely ape shit for war movies about a fat hungry guy and a skinny older guy, and if you love that you'll be delighted with this movie's fat guy and skinny guy. The skinny guy (George MacKay) has a distinctive face and I hope I recognize him in more movies because he was really good here. A lot of distinctive faces actually. Good stuff. Has some really spectacular shots, and the constant motion of the film works to great effect. 4.5 stars

Star wars 9: jj Abrams is a hack who was terrified by the reddit type stars wars fans hating star wars 8, perhaps the only good star wars this trilogy. 8 was dope and 9 feels like an insult. I had to watch it, 'for me', but I came away profoundly disappointed and bitter.  All of the writing and nostalgia in this was pathetic - jj rolled on his back for the fans and displayed his soft purring belly and pissed on star wars while he did it, purely out of a personal desire to avoid hate mail. Two stars because I think Kylo Ren is hot.

adrenochrome dome

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #658
Star wars 9: jj Abrams is a hack who was terrified by the reddit type stars wars fans hating star wars 8, perhaps the only good star wars this trilogy. 8 was dope and 9 feels like an insult. I had to watch it, 'for me', but I came away profoundly disappointed and bitter.  All of the writing and nostalgia in this was pathetic - jj rolled on his back for the fans and displayed his soft purring belly and pissed on star wars while he did it, purely out of a personal desire to avoid hate mail. Two stars because I think Kylo Ren is hot.
chai tea latte, January 14, 2020, 01:34:43 am

The fun thing is that all the reddit people hate star wars 9 enough that they now love star wars 8.
Salubrious Rex Yavuz

chai tea latte

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #659

The fun thing is that all the reddit people hate star wars 9 enough that they now love star wars 8.
Frank West, January 14, 2020, 08:57:19 am
they're too late to the party and if they didn't know it was a good movie at the time they can go fuck themselves
adrenochrome dome Dr. Buttplug Jack Burden Ambious Yavuz