Snakes In The Ball Pit > This Is A Thing I Made

Welcome to the Echo Chamber!

(1/3) > >>

Shell Game:
Hey all, Frank West, Mix, and I got it into our heads a couple years ago to watch Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, the show his fans frequently omit from their memories.

We recorded ourselves talking about it. Finally edited it and gonna rolling release season 1.

I put it up on Spotify because it was easy and I don't feel like putting more effort into something remotely related to Joss Whedon.

If you're interested in hearing us rant about a sexual menace try to do sci-fi with the big boys but fail to make a coherent statement in between rampant woman torture, then here's a link to episode one.

https://open.spotify.com/show/6GwNVMTYZCrRRuvRuPNJBk

Sauce:
I am excited enough to hear y'all's thoughts on this that I was willing to listen to a podcast on Spotify to do so. Greatly enjoyed the whole thing!

It's always interesting to see what stories and plot devices a writer will re-use throughout their career, and how that's someone that equally applies to very good and very bad writers. It reveals so much about how they view the world, and how their perspective as an artist grows alongside their work.

In this case, Whedon's consistent pattern of reducing powerful women to a mind wiped state in which they are a "confused innocent child-woman" or a "bimbo cave-woman" (to greater or lesser extent) is present throughout his career, dating back to what he did with Ellen Ripley in 1997's Alien Resurrection, through Faith on Buffy and River on Firefly, and climaxing with this show where it's a core conceit of the premise definitely says something.

It's definitely a bold feminist statement. Not a fetish thing. Definitely not misogynist.

Shell Game:
I am excited enough to hear y'all's thoughts on this that I was willing to listen to a podcast on Spotify to do so. Greatly enjoyed the whole thing!

It's always interesting to see what stories and plot devices a writer will re-use throughout their career, and how that's someone that equally applies to very good and very bad writers. It reveals so much about how they view the world, and how their perspective as an artist grows alongside their work.

In this case, Whedon's consistent pattern of reducing powerful women to a mind wiped state in which they are a "confused innocent child-woman" or a "bimbo cave-woman" (to greater or lesser extent) is present throughout his career, dating back to what he did with Ellen Ripley in 1997's Alien Resurrection, through Faith on Buffy and River on Firefly, and climaxing with this show where it's a core conceit of the premise definitely says something.

It's definitely a bold feminist statement. Not a fetish thing. Definitely not misogynist.
Sauce, April 03, 2023, 05:06:06 pm
--- End quote ---
Oh we're only just getting started.

Shell Game:
Episode 2!
https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/shell-game0/episodes/2---Target-e21ifod

PaulLovesToLaugh:
If you're interested in hearing us rant about a sexual menace try to do sci-fi with the big boys but fail to make a coherent statement
Shell Game, April 02, 2023, 04:08:20 am
--- End quote ---

YES

in between rampant woman torture
Shell Game, April 02, 2023, 04:08:20 am
--- End quote ---

Oh god. How bad does it get?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version