Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:29:23 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You  (Read 9517 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You
Patterns cashmir sweaters Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Gyro Yavuz Sherman Tank

cashmir sweaters

• Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #1
I wish I was shocked about how transphobic Satanists are.
JamEngulfer

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #2
cashmir sweaters, January 14, 2017, 01:47:22 pm

They were honestly as exactly transphobic as I expected because Satanists, at least in my experience, tend to be shitty teenagers in their naturally-occurring "fuck everything" phase, ugly people (is in ugly both inside and out) trying to get laid, assorted burnouts, and fans of shitty bands.  These are not naturally progressive, open-minded people.

Ambious

240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #3
I think I remember reading or hearing somewhere that there are actually no "real" satanists and that it's all just people trying to copy the fad - meaning, there is no actual satanic cult that's NOT teenage anti-conformist edgelords.
Yavuz

Glitterbomber

• Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #4
cashmir sweaters, January 14, 2017, 01:47:22 pm

They were honestly as exactly transphobic as I expected because Satanists, at least in my experience, tend to be shitty teenagers in their naturally-occurring "fuck everything" phase, ugly people (is in ugly both inside and out) trying to get laid, assorted burnouts, and fans of shitty bands.  These are not naturally progressive, open-minded people.
Ol' Sherman Tanky, January 14, 2017, 02:10:23 pm

Same, I've never met a 'satanist' that wasn't just smugly trying to be all 'fuck YOU mom I'll do the opposite of everything you say' about it. So yea, hearing them have zero basic empathy abilities is 100% in line

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #5
I have met a satanist that was pretty much a Weed Dad without the offspring, and he was pretty chill.  But then he's the only satanist I've met.

Muffinator

• Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #6
I'm always annoyed when somebody is like "I'm a Satanist but it's not about Satan it's about Anton Lavey."

call it something else then, dillwad, instead of getting smug every time somebody gets confused. If I invented a religion called Pikachudaism, people could be forgiven for thinking it was about pokemon -- it's actually about how I'm cool and you're an idiot baby. Also Will Smith is god. 

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #7
I'm always annoyed when somebody is like "I'm a Satanist but it's not about Satan it's about Anton Lavey."

call it something else then, dillwad, instead of getting smug every time somebody gets confused. If I invented a religion called Pikachudaism, people could be forgiven for thinking it was about pokemon -- it's actually about how I'm cool and you're an idiot baby. Also Will Smith is god.
Muffinator, January 14, 2017, 03:52:34 pm

It reminds me of when Lemon told us about his time as a pagan or whatever religion he got involved with solely because people would confuse it with Satanism or something like that and he could be smug about it and explain to them how they were wrong.
Liatai

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #8
Satanism: it’s Unitarianism for people who wish they were victims.
Sherman Tank chai tea latte Bodark Really_Quite_Nice

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #9
Satanism: it’s Unitarianism for people who wish they were victims.
Cheapskate, January 14, 2017, 04:49:27 pm

As a Unitarian, I feel uncomfortable being associated with the people on this episode even by monster cockogy. I suppose these folks are proof that the problem with religious assholes isn't so much that they're religious, as that they're assholes.
Bodark RoeCocoa I Liked That Joke

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #10
I assume there are real satanists, but they're all on some bizarre cult farm or something rather than being in the same places I am. I'm sure there are real satanist websites out there, but they're buried under the weight of teenagers and also are probably not very fun to read about because they're talking about mundane religious ritual rather than this bullshit.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #11
After finally getting to the part that makes linking the national anthem make sense I can say that if it has been removed (I can't comment on this as it's been 15 years since I've been in a school that bothered with it) it would be because nobody cares about the national anthem as it sucks and people don't like nationalism in our country as a whole. Also it sucks, it's boring and droney and is just shit and uses words like girt which is dumb.
Kreega Liatai

I Liked That Joke

• Paid
  • Boy oh boy, there's a lot of good jokes out there!
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #12
If only there were a way for me to combine the shitty politics of fundamentalism, the self-righteous smugness of atheism, and the patent ridiculousness of magick! Then they'd  *have* to invite me to the cool parties!

How is it that people (like reddit atheists and Satanists) constantly complain about "sheeple" and "brainwashed Christians", and then turn around and have the exact same fucking opinions? They're just sheeple with fedoras!
cashmir sweaters Yavuz Captain Nobeard Liatai

Standplaats Kraków

• Formerly known as Tyfus
  • Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #13
STRAWMAN HORDES
Liatai

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
240: You Need Satan More Than He Needs You #14
With the transphobia that tries to mask itself as curiosity, and the hot takes on Australian current events, I hate the contents of this episode more than perhaps any other. It's a tough call between it and Roosh V.

For the record, since the poster that mentioned it did an awful job at explaining even her take on it and I've been following the story: Safe Schools is a really really effective, Australian nationwide program for educating kids on LGBTI issues, that I believe grew out of a similar statewide program from Victoria. It, unsurprisingly, does literally none of what that poster said it does, instead doing a really good job of introducing kids to LGBTI issues and concepts, helping foster a lot of positivity and reduce bullying. From what I know, there was basically no complaints about it whatsoever until a member of the lunatic far-right fringe started taking aim against it with pretty much entirely made-up facts (some of which were in that post), because he is a frontrunner for at least a few of the Worst Human Being Awards.

It was up for review and re-funding I believe late last year, which it of course didn't get, being left down to the states which are mostly not bothering to give it money either (I know Victoria's continuing to fund it, and I believe South Australia is adapting it). But it was really one of the two really shitty flashpoints of the LGBT experience in Australia last year.
Jack Sensation