Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:48:22 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers  (Read 5262 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers
thelizzerd Shell Game chai tea latte A Meat DUDEVSTHEWORLD Achilles' Heelies 1234GO! Great Joe kthorjensen Doctor Interrogative KendrickLobstar

Glitterbomber

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #1
thank you

DUDEVSTHEWORLD

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #2
Note from the doc creator: I only just discovered this today but that first guy describing what he would buy if he won the lottery was posting Nickelback lyrics
VaMpIrESoFtWaRe Sauce GirlKisser420

DUDEVSTHEWORLD

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #3
I basically inadvertently tricked kumquatxop into singing nickelback in a way
adrenochrome dome sea hag Dr. Buttplug

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #4
damn I can't believe lemon predicted the number of the episode at the end
Lemon DUDEVSTHEWORLD

DUDEVSTHEWORLD

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #5
Oh also there's a section of the website where you can see lists of numbers people predicted that won, which might seem impressive except the vast majority of the winning tickets got around $4
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 10:55:36 pm by DUDEVSTHEWORLD »

Lasers_McRaygun

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #6
What in the hell is a "boil corn"? Like, on the cob? Like, an ear of corn?

DUDEVSTHEWORLD

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #7
Note from the doc creator: I only just discovered this today but that first guy describing what he would buy if he won the lottery was posting Nickelback lyrics
DUDEVSTHEWORLD, August 21, 2023, 11:08:37 am

And I LITERALLY heard this on the car radio this morning and recognized the lyrics from that post the same day this episode dropped. Literally what are the chances of that happening

Obviously the lesson of all this is that I need to play the lottery
Lemon

Glitterbomber

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #8
I think 'I have posted pictures of the books I read' may be one of my favorite lines ever said on this podcast. Just perfect angry dumb guy online shit.
1234GO! Sauce

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #9
State lotteries generally have mathematicians on staff who test the random number algorithms to ensure that they are sufficiently random.

Also, Toilet Dream is my favorite vaporwave artist

thelizzerd

• Paid
  • Make documents, not sense.
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #10
What in the hell is a "boil corn"? Like, on the cob? Like, an ear of corn?
Lasers_McRaygun, August 21, 2023, 01:51:33 pm

I got a family member who for a family potluck one time brought canned corn that he had just boiled on the stove in water. No seasoning or nothing. That's what I imagined they were talking about when they said boil corn.

VaMpIrESoFtWaRe

• Similiar to nightmare witch
  • Paid
  • It’s like a vampire cowboy
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #11
I’m curious how much of this is purely magical thinking to rationalize continuing to gamble and how much is legitimate belief in some kind of predictable linked super causality? Do you graduate from this type of thinking into believing Back to the Future predicted 9/11?

Glitterbomber

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #12
As a degenerate gambler myself who's been around a lot of very genuine gambling addicts and all it's like 60/40. Slightly more 'no man these numbers are DUE, they haven't come in so long they've GOT to be up next' misunderstanding of stats and magical thinking but there is a bit of woo shit mixed in just enough to be noticeable. I'm actually shocked we didn't get any angel numbers folks in this ep, suburban protestant watered down numerology is big in the woo side of gamblers.
adrenochrome dome VaMpIrESoFtWaRe Bodark chai tea latte

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #13
god I love the magical thinking episodes. they might as well be ordering bulk fortune cookies.

--

your lucky numbers are
2 16 5 41 22 15

Glitterbomber

• Paid
391: Your Winning Lottery Numbers #14
I know you guys did touch it but kinda breeze past but it's been forever since an F Plus was about a thing I can relate to beyond just 'I was also in that cringe sphere of online spaces'.

I play numbers, it's a fun little easy way to gamble a few bucks and maybe make a little. I've had so many people sneeringly tell me that the reason I didn't win was because I 'didn't have a system'. I know a lot of these systems. I also took a lot of statistics classes so I never actually bought this shit because I knew it was hokum.

That dude who said numbers 'want' to come up after long stretches? The guy you guys laughed at and moved on quickly? That dude fucked up because he told what the base of 90% of these systems is. I truly can't say enough that these people's systems, no matter what dream book they use or how they dress it up with 'if a dog represents 842 and you saw two dogs that means divide by 2 and you need to play 421 in some form' showmanship, it's all based on the idea that numbers have some sort of inherent desire to 'come up'.

That's why they're obsessed with streaks and doubles and all, these people almost entirely believe numbers have some sort of finite cap on how many times they can show up before someone else gets a 'turn' so if there's a streak of double 2's boy oh boy are you set because then 2 totally will never show up, it wouldn't be fair otherwise! Now you just need to give me fifty dollars to tell you how to figure out what number 2's 'draw out' so you know what's up next.
DUDEVSTHEWORLD VaMpIrESoFtWaRe A Meat Lemon kthorjensen thelizzerd chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug Nemo2342