Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:36:48 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods  (Read 48864 times)

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
  • Do you choose to chew goo too, sir?
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods
What kind of lady things do you like, ladyfriends? Shoes, perfume, frivolous undies, home ec, jogging, eating ice cream? This is the lady place for lady chats.

Because winter lasted forever here I decided that at the first hint of spring I'd get myself some peep-toe wedges and a pedicure. I found a nice pair of Aerosoles, which is like my fav shoe brand for heels, in nude, which is like the best color for looking taller (or so the clips say) for $30. I have yet to get the pedicure. We live near an Aveda institute so hopefully I'll have one by the end of summer.

Mah shoes:

I've also recently discovered this website for shoes, bags, what have you. [insert 45 minutes of looking at sunglasses before posting thread]

Also, periods suck, amirite, ladies? (I mentioned them mostly to keep the boys out, but feel free to share if necessary.)

Baldr

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #1
Oh man, yes. I'm excited for this thread. I was a tomboy for a really long time and I'm just growing out of that, but I have a pair of Triumph 1914s by Doc Marten which are just the most gorgeous boots I've ever owned, and I love them so. That picture doesn't really do them justice, the pattern on the inside is really vibrant and they're as soft as butter to wear.

I sew (mostly dresses, but some other things as well), though I'm not quite good enough to be willing to post pictures on the internet. I also quite like baking bread, and have a sourdough starter that's nearly a year old now (and quite delicious when made with rye).

I'm also really into watching youtube videos and crying, and sometimes I'll eat ice cream or chocolate while I do it, so I guess that counts too?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #2
I hate shoes. I can never find ones that fit and look nice, since I have massive Sasquatch feet.

Let's see, ladythings ladythings...Well, I quite love earrings, the bigger the better, and have a massive collection of all sorts of wacky ear-wear. However, my big Lady vanity-point is actually my nails. I've done manicures that have took me hours to get just right. I also have an unhealthy obsession with night-dresses and robes and am always looking out for new pretty ones.

And periods totes suck.

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #3
Nice Docs, kal-elk. Do you wear the ribbon laces? Coincidentally I happened to be wearing my Docs today too, they look like these. My 16 year old self would very much approve. I sew too! I haven't recently because our basement has a little radon problem and that's where my machine is but to get back in the swing of it I made a bunch of cloth napkins and potholders for xmas gifts. I wanted to make myself some skirts but between the basement poison and my baby I haven't had a chance.

Montrith, I'd absolutely love to see a picture of a manicure you're particularly proud of.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #4
I don't have any pics right now, but I'll be sure to take a pic the next time I make something more elaborate.

Not shoes, but here's some pics of earrings I just bought. They're really big and cool, I just need to change the hooks since they're trash metal.

These I have in black and silver.
http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Silver-Butterfly-Dangle-Earrings/dp/B008X8YRA0/ref=pd_sbs_jw_1

And these I have in dark red.
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Butterfly-Earrings-Red/dp/B00BCR2H8S/ref=sr_1_71?s=jewelry&ie=UTF8&qid=1365183225&sr=1-71&keywords=red+butterfly

I know what you're thinking, but I make big earrings look good, baby.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #5
Nice Docs, kal-elk. Do you wear the ribbon laces? Coincidentally I happened to be wearing my Docs today too, they look like these. My 16 year old self would very much approve. I sew too! I haven't recently because our basement has a little radon problem and that's where my machine is but to get back in the swing of it I made a bunch of cloth napkins and potholders for xmas gifts. I wanted to make myself some skirts but between the basement poison and my baby I haven't had a chance.

Montrith, I'd absolutely love to see a picture of a manicure you're particularly proud of.
squiddy, April 05, 2013, 11:00:14 am
I do wear the ribbon laces, yeah! Also those look pretty rad.

And I mean, it's not like it's combat-boots-o'clock for me all day every day, I just particularly like those. And hey, if you've got a baby the fact that you manage to find the time to go outside is commendable. Those things take up a lot of time, I hear!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:35:36 pm by kal-elk »

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #6
Love the earrings. They're so cheap! That's really fun! My neck is ungazelle-like, to be kind, so long earrings look weird on me.

Springtime makes me want to shop, shop, shop. Like, what the hell did I wear all last summer? How come it seem like I only own sweaters? Also, need to be less fat. It's been the longest winter and it's so awesome to get to run again, with and without stroller. Luckily my baby loves to zone out in the stroller so we can go out for a long time. 

ETA: I went to Target and got this skirt marked down to $9. It has POCKETS! I love it so much I was hugging it on the way out of the fitting room.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:57:22 pm by squiddy »

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #7
American Apparel just had a really great sale, I picked up like...9 things for only $85. They also accidentally threw in a nice velour jacket that is apparently $48 on the site. Their mistake, my selfish benefit.

Anyone wanna talk perfume? I've mostly stuck with the cheaper stuff, but I finally went out on a limb and bought two fragrances within the past month, Balenciaga Florabotanica and Miss Dior. Florabotanica was a bit of a disappointment, I'd smelled it before but never realized how soapy it was until I put it on. It really, really smells like a sort of green-floral and amber soap with some floral notes to it. Miss Dior is much more my style, sweet without being cloying. very floral, jasmine, sweet citrusy, tiny bit of incense-y spiciness. I love love love it. And to think I only bought it to get VIB status on Sephora (hehe).

Speaking of Sephora: make-up! I've become addicted to NARS blushes. I only have three so far (Orgasm, Sex Appeal, Amour... god the names are so dumb) and I already want MOOORE. I finally broke down and bought one of the Naked palettes (#2) from Urban Decay, after realizing bright colors + fluorescent lights at work are a bad combination. Sadly my work also means that wearing nail polish is a terrible idea, since all the topcoat in the world doesn't stop the chipping, but that doesn't keep me from trying anyway.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #8
I have a really sensitive nose, so I don't usually wear much perfume. I actually prefer to use light body sprays in slightly sweet/flowery scents, as I've learned the hard way that sour or citrus-y smells do NOT compliment my natural body odor. The one actual perfume I sometimes use for fancy occasions is Gucci by Gucci (yes, I think it's lame too), but otherwise I usually just use a light strawberry or vanilla/orange blossom body spray. Other scents I like are sweet cherry, morocco rose and lotus flower.

I don't actually wear much make-up on regular days, seeing as I currently work in a manual labor job where everyone is pretty much constantly splashing with water. I wish I had more occasions to "do my face", since I quite like playing with different colors and brushes, but there just isn't much point when your routine consists of work/store/home. I suppose I could make myself pretty and head out to the local bar, but I think I'd just stand out from the crowd of resident alcoholic geezers even more if I made any effort to improve my appearance. Heck, even wearing a clean shirt could be considered lah-di-dah in that company.

Lets talk about colors. Do you find yourself gravitating towards a certain palette? I almost always use cold blues, purples and reds. I almost never wear orange, brown or yellow, and green only in the few shades I like. I also have tons and tons of black clothes left-over from my teens, when I was too boring to wear anything else. Pretty much the same goes for my make-up and accessories, although I do try to spice it up a bit with sometimes adding metallic colors and patterns in colors I don't normally use.

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #9

Anyone wanna talk perfume? I've mostly stuck with the cheaper stuff, but I finally went out on a limb and bought two fragrances within the past month, Balenciaga Florabotanica and Miss Dior. Florabotanica was a bit of a disappointment, I'd smelled it before but never realized how soapy it was until I put it on. It really, really smells like a sort of green-floral and amber soap with some floral notes to it. Miss Dior is much more my style, sweet without being cloying. very floral, jasmine, sweet citrusy, tiny bit of incense-y spiciness. I love love love it. And to think I only bought it to get VIB status on Sephora (hehe).

Dacey Mormont, April 08, 2013, 01:30:02 am

I love Miss Dior! (I'll admit that part of my love of it has to do with the Natalie Portman ads. She's so beeeoootiful.) I bought it but it just didn't work with my chemistry. So I returned it to Sephora and got Stella McCartney Nude instead, which is my fav. I also have Tocca's Stella (dunno why my 2 fancy perfumes are both Stellas) which I love too. I'm terrible at describing perfumes- but DID YOU KNOW that if you go to Sephora and ask they will give you a spritzable sample of any of their perfumes! They decant from the open bottles on the shelf. It's a great way to try a perfume for a few days to see if it works for you.

I also have a lifelong obsession with Lush, and I linked the UK site because it's actually cheaper to order from them, even in the US. I have several of their limited edition perfumes, like Snowcake and Olive Branch. I also love me some bath bombs and bubble bars.

I haven't been wearing much perfume lately because I don't want to overwhelm my baby. I miss it, so I was inspired to spritz just a teeny bit into the layers of my skirt today.

Lets talk about colors. Do you find yourself gravitating towards a certain palette? I almost always use cold blues, purples and reds. I almost never wear orange, brown or yellow, and green only in the few shades I like. I also have tons and tons of black clothes left-over from my teens, when I was too boring to wear anything else. Pretty much the same goes for my make-up and accessories, although I do try to spice it up a bit with sometimes adding metallic colors and patterns in colors I don't normally use.montrith

I don't wear a lot of makeup because I just never got the hang of it, but I still love it. And I always buy the same colors. I have a bunch of purple-y eyeshadow, and probably 5 wine lipsticks. I never wear foundation, thought I'm hearing about BB and CC creams and everyone raving about them. I suspect that it's just the beauty industry trying to trick me once again into buying foundation, like they did with "tinted moisturizer." I just can't get the hang of it.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #10
Lush is so great! I'm obsessed with Lemony Flutter cuticle cream. My workplace is very dry, and I've never had dry skin or hair so I've had to adjust to regularly moisturizing, using deep conditioners etc. And discovering the glory of Lemony Flutter has totally been the upside to that. Good tip on the UK site thing -- I had no idea (I usually buy from the mall).

I had no idea about the Sephora perfume thing either! I have tons of tiny samples from ordering off their website, and a sample size of Gucci Guilty that I got for rewards points (which I really like, but its SO strong and not the kind of thing I can wear daily), but I've never thought about getting samples in-store.

btw, about BB Creams: if you buy them, go for the Korean stuff online. I was skeptical when people said they're better than the Western stuff because it sounded like hype, but they really are different from the repackaged tinted moisturizers you get at drugstores. They go on grayish-taupe but blend in with your skintone and have a nice sheer but noticable coverage. You can apply with your fingers and it looks fine, and it's really lightweight, and it makes a great primer for blush. I bought a big tube of the Skin79 stuff for like... $15 I think? With shipping. So not a bad deal at all.

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #11
Lush is so great! I'm obsessed with Lemony Flutter cuticle cream. My workplace is very dry, and I've never had dry skin or hair so I've had to adjust to regularly moisturizing, using deep conditioners etc. And discovering the glory of Lemony Flutter has totally been the upside to that. Good tip on the UK site thing -- I had no idea (I usually buy from the mall).

Dacey Mormont, April 09, 2013, 05:37:42 pm

It is sooooo much cheaper! Lemony Flutter is 5.21 pounds after the VAT tax is removed, which is $7.99 US. Compare that to the Lush USA website, it's $16.95. Shipping from the UK is about $10, and you might be charged a small fee by your bank or credit card, but all it takes is ordering 2 Lemony Flutter to save money. It's nuts. A Sex Bomb bath bomb is $6.65 in the US, it's $4.09 from the UK. Most things are cheaper, there have been only one or two things I've found that are about the same price.

btw, about BB Creams: if you buy them, go for the Korean stuff online. I was skeptical when people said they're better than the Western stuff because it sounded like hype, but they really are different from the repackaged tinted moisturizers you get at drugstores. They go on grayish-taupe but blend in with your skintone and have a nice sheer but noticable coverage. You can apply with your fingers and it looks fine, and it's really lightweight, and it makes a great primer for blush. I bought a big tube of the Skin79 stuff for like... $15 I think? With shipping. So not a bad deal at all.

I am just so skeptical, but $15 is not to bad to try. Maybe I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #12
Just want to brag about the totally gorgeous Michael Kors bag I got for $60 the other day.

It looks like this one:

And it has a long strap to make it a cross-body as well as the shorter strap. It is lovely, soft leather and it makes me a more interesting person, I think. If you're ever Minneapolis way you must go to Opitz for ridiculously cheap high end stuff. I got a pair of Fendi sneakers there once for $5. I still wear them: they're purple.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #13
I love bags, but could never bring myself to spend 60 bux on one. I get mine mostly second-hand. It's amazing what you can find in Internet auctions and thrift stores. I have a secret soft spot for ridiculously unpractical evening purses, and actually have more than I'll probably ever use.

chai tea latte

• Paid
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #14
Five dollar fendi sneakers, hot dang. Also that bag is gorgeous!