Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:52:42 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods  (Read 49569 times)

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #45
The first scent is strong, fruity and fresh, maybe even a bit overpowering, but the second scent mellows a bit and settles into a lovely, woodsy and sweet scent that has a summer evening like feel to it. I like it because it has some citrus-y tones (which I love but cannot really use on their own) and a touch of sandalwood, which balances out the sweetness. I'd say it's a more mature take on a fruit body spray, such as you might buy from Body Shop etc.

This something I just found out: If you keep some strong smelling tea leaves with your clothes it will make them smell really nice. I bought a packet of green tea with ginger in it (I'm trying to learn how to drink green tea) and put it in a bag with my bra. Now I want to ask people to sniff my bra. 

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #46
Now I want to ask people to sniff my bra.
montrith, June 10, 2013, 01:01:38 pm

(j/k although i'm sure you can dig up a doc's worth of bra-sniffing enthusiasts)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #47
Montrith, I really like the idea of putting tea with clothes. I'll definitely try it and report back!

• Paid
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #48
Oh god. I got an email that a local tv station is coming in tomorrow to do a piece on the bakery I'm doing my schooling thingy at and I'm terrified. Should I wear full-length pants or am I okay with capris? Should I make an attempt at makeup?

(I say this knowing full well the two dudes I work with are going to wear their ripped t-shirts and one of them will turn up with unmaintained neckbeard. Must be awesome to be a guy.)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #49
Oh god. I got an email that a local tv station is coming in tomorrow to do a piece on the bakery I'm doing my schooling thingy at and I'm terrified. Should I wear full-length pants or am I okay with capris? Should I make an attempt at makeup?

(I say this knowing full well the two dudes I work with are going to wear their ripped t-shirts and one of them will turn up with unmaintained neckbeard. Must be awesome to be a guy.)
Cuddlesquid, June 11, 2013, 09:26:49 pm
I do radio and print stuff, so it's not quite the same, but I'd recommend wearing nicer-end of what you'd typically wear; don't frock up or anything if that's not work-standard, but likewise make sure you took a shower that day.

• Paid
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #50
Showered, wore a very nice shirt and freshly laundered apron, even put on some tinted lipgloss.

Neckbeard rolled in with a Family Guy t-shirt and the same scraggly gross facial hair he had yesterday.

If I were on tumblr I'd probably make a fuss about this being male privilege but the truth is I need to have a lie down and an enormous cup of tea before I'm refreshed enough to give half a shit about anything.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #51
I got perfume samples in the mail today! I'm gonna smell one and report on it! Hopefully I won't spill it all over myself; those caps on the little sample tubes can be a bitch to pry off.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #52
Ok, I am trying "Camping in a Vanilla Forest" by ZOMG Smells. After all the fancy talk, it says that the smells contained therein are:

"Young amber, smoky vanilla, earthy patchouli and a hint of vetiver-green shadows in the underbrush."

In the bottle: I definitely smell the patchouli, and some sort of other sweet smell, but it isn't super vanilla-y.

On my wrist: Still mostly patchouli, but with a smoky undertone and more sweet behind it. I want more vanilla. :/

2 minutes out: Getting a little bit more vanilla, sort of marshmallowy, lots of patchouli, and that bit of smoke again. Luckily I like patchouli, but I think it should have been called "Toasting Marshmallows in a Patchouli Forest."

10 minutes out: Either the patchouli has calmed down or my nose is trying to tune it out now; the vanilla's gotten stronger, almost like a cream soda. I like it. It's definitely a warm smell, but not as sugary as I was expecting.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #53
Sounds lovely, though I'm not big on patchouli myself. You should get an outsiders opinion too, just to see what their initial reaction to the scent is. Of course, if their reaction is stupid, just feel free to ignore it. You know what goes with your body best.

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
  • Do you choose to chew goo too, sir?
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #54
That sounds really nice to me. I don't mind a little patchouli. Where did you get perfume samples from?

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #55

Just  ZOMG Smells this time.
http://www.zomgsmellsshop.com/

I got Candied Head, which is going to be very patchouli-y too, Baby Unicorn Birthday Party, Spiced Hypatia, Earth and Heaven, Flower Sandwich, Elder Spicecake, Camping in a Vanilla Forest, Snail Fur, Wait Until Evening, and Haydee. I'm trying one a day to avoid overloading my nose and the noses of others.

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #56
That looks so fun. I'm almost glad I'm not in the market for scents because I could go bananas.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #57
Yeah, not sure how often I'll wear it even if I find one that I really like. Montrith, I'll think of you when I'm chasing my friends around screaming "SMELL MEEEEEEEE."

squiddy

• #1 Fox in Socks reader
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #58
I'm super excited to try this cool Japanese facial product my friend gave me. I felt extra special because she can't even get them here and has her parents bring them when they come from Japan.

Plus, the brand is called Gatsby, which tickles me for some reason. They're like peppermints for the face.

http://www.gatsby.sg/product_cat_fc_facial_paper_super_refresh.php

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
Lady Chat Thread: Shoes & Periods #59
Ok, today I'm trying Snail Fur: " Four of our favorite musks combine with ambergris and dainty clove bud to make a deliciously subtle, pettable fragrance." So here goes.

In bottle: Getting the musks and clove, but it's an airy sort of smell. Not really deep or dark.

On wrist: Still pretty light, although more clove-y now. I honestly have no idea what ambergris smells like once it's been processed from whale barf, but this smells nice. Definitely more subtle than yesterday's patchouli hammer.

Two minutes out: The clove's faded already, which is a bummer. It's a soft, light smell, pretty and feminine but not very interesting to me.

10 minutes out: It smells like a pleasant, inoffensive perfume, kind of like walking into a perfume shop. It's nice enough, but I was hoping for something more spicy and wow. I guess subtlety is lost on me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:38:33 pm by NutshellGulag »