Projects > The F Plus

Episode 130: Achievement Unlocked: Downloaded Podcast (40G)

<< < (2/10) > >>

STOG:
I wish Steam Achievements gave some sort of fictional points too. Mostly so that the Xbox fanboys can argue endlessly with PC fanboys about which platform's cheevos are worth more.
A Meat, March 14, 2014, 04:19:11 am
--- End quote ---

There is! It's called Steam Levels. You get XP and upgrade your Steam level by completing trading card sets! And you get emoticons as rewards!!!

Also you can sell the individual trading cards for eight cents a pop, perfect for building up towards some extremely small game purchase during one of the sales.

EDIT: There are also Foil cards, which are rare and sell for one to five dollars. I was able to wrangle six bucks out of some poor sucker on the market due to the card being extremely rare (read: I was the only seller). There is absolutely no benefit to Foil cards except they are really good at deflecting the negs from other Steam card enthusiasts at the gamer bar.

A Meat:
I wish Steam Achievements gave some sort of fictional points too. Mostly so that the Xbox fanboys can argue endlessly with PC fanboys about which platform's cheevos are worth more.
A Meat, March 14, 2014, 04:19:11 am
--- End quote ---

There is! It's called Steam Levels. You get XP and upgrade your Steam level by completing trading card sets! And you get emoticons as rewards!!!

Also you can sell the individual trading cards for eight cents a pop, perfect for building up towards some extremely small game purchase during one of the sales.

EDIT: There are also Foil cards, which are rare and sell for one to five dollars. I was able to wrangle six bucks out of some poor sucker on the market due to the card being extremely rare (read: I was the only seller). There is absolutely no benefit to Foil cards except they are really good at deflecting the negs from other Steam card enthusiasts at the gamer bar.
STOG, March 14, 2014, 09:58:07 am
--- End quote ---

How did I forget? I've gotten like four bucks from this dumb thing already. Who would even want a Rome: Total War emoticon anyways? I wish I got a foil card, I like getting money for doing nothing.

Edit: Are there actually any cool emoticons/badges?

STOG:
Edit: Are there actually any cool emoticons/badges?
A Meat, March 14, 2014, 11:51:51 am
--- End quote ---

Emoticons are never cool. Except for the animated cat on the keyboard I can make in Skype, but other than that they are not worth it.

I don't think there are any cool badges, but the developers and Valve do get an extra cent or two every time an item is bought/sold from the market. I have no hard and fast rules for badges other than I get ones for games I like with the eighty cents I've made from selling the cards I don't want. Then I use the fifty cents or so I have remaining to buy 1/4th of a shot of gamer whiskey.

Fanzay:
Then how come this is a thing, STOG?
[stab]

Spacebat:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version