Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:22:44 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Any plans for the 200th episode/release?  (Read 21770 times)

Glitterbomber

• Paid
I legitimately thought Dozerfleet was like, a relic, like he stopped doing his thing but the site is still up so let's laugh at it.

This changes everything.

I'll still never not laugh at "Due to Dozerfleet's parent's many issues with the public school system" met with "That explains a lot"

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
It's just been updated yesterday! Let's see what is going on!

The Tom Kirby Act of 2015 ("Kirby Act" for short) is a piece of legislation that was first proposed on what would be referred to in Gerosha terminology as Earth-G-Nada, also known as Earth-33 in DC Comics and Earth-1218 in Marvel. It was suggested by Georgia state representative Tom Kirby that human-animal hybrid DNA should be outlawed, given the disturbing ability of scientists to enhance species of jellyfish by splicing certain human genes into them. The proposed legislation was quickly met with mockery from online skeptics, suggesting that Rep. Kirby had a grudge against fantastic creatures such as centaurs and mermaids. In Earth-G7, however, Rep. Kirby's proposed legislation passed and was made into a source of international legal precedent. The inhabitants of that universe would take the implications of the Kirby Act much more seriously.

Contrary to base assumptions by Earth-G-Nada readers, the Kirby Act has no relation whatsoever to Marvel author Jack Kirby nor to the Nintendo character Kirby.

Ooookay.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me

The Tom Kirby Act of 2015 ("Kirby Act" for short) is a piece of legislation that was first proposed on what would be referred to in Gerosha terminology as Earth-G-Nada, also known as Earth-33 in DC Comics and Earth-1218 in Marvel. It was suggested by Georgia state representative Tom Kirby that human-animal hybrid DNA should be outlawed, given the disturbing ability of scientists to enhance species of jellyfish by splicing certain human genes into them. The proposed legislation was quickly met with mockery from online skeptics, suggesting that Rep. Kirby had a grudge against fantastic creatures such as centaurs and mermaids. In Earth-G7, however, Rep. Kirby's proposed legislation passed and was made into a source of international legal precedent. The inhabitants of that universe would take the implications of the Kirby Act much more seriously.

Contrary to base assumptions by Earth-G-Nada readers, the Kirby Act has no relation whatsoever to Marvel author Jack Kirby nor to the Nintendo character Kirby.

Ooookay.
Cat Planet, June 19, 2015, 08:44:40 am

"Okay, who brought something for our writing circle?"
"I DID I DID!"
"Jesus fucking Christ, Mel- "
"Call me Dozerfleet."
"...Jesus, okay, fine. Dozerfleet. You're certainly a prolific writer, but I - "
"The Tom Kirby Act of 2015 - "
"No, no. Stop reading. Dozerfleet. You always read but you don't stay for the group criticism. I think you should listen to what everyone has to say and remain quiet, and then when we meet again next week, you should incorporate a version of the story that includes everyone's criticisms in mind - "
"I wrote another story while you were talking, what did you say?"
"GODDAMMIT, DOZERFLEET."

Glitterbomber

• Paid

Ooookay.
Cat Planet, June 19, 2015, 08:44:40 am

Just so we're clear, Tom Kirby is actually a rep and he actually did propose this a few months back. Like, he's taking a real thing that got mocked rightly and going "UH BUT IN MY FAKE UNIVERSE HE'S ACTUALLY A HERO"

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Yeah the Tom Kirby thing was a case of life imitating Onion

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
I think I'm going to put together another DozerFleet doc, whether or not it gets used for the 200th episode. I've got an idea in mind that should be something of a callback to another memorable episode, so that might be fun as a retrospective...

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
200 minute Wikihow special?

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
I'm all for a retrospective episode, just as long as we get more patrick82 the audiophile posts - every post was absolute gold

Old_Zircon

• Paid
I'm all for a retrospective episode, just as long as we get more patrick82 the audiophile posts - every post was absolute gold
Sanguinary Novel, June 19, 2015, 11:44:42 pm

Seconded heartily!

His Youtube channel is still active and fantastic, too. He's been posting billiards videos lately in addition to the usual videos of himself exercising, thrashing about like an idiot with "$500,000" speaker cables in front of a green screen, and eating oatmeal.

Old_Zircon

• Paid

Poppyseed marshmallows just don't sound that tasty to me.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:01:11 am by Old_Zircon »

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Holy shit that first video is golden:

PatrickWavy2 is amazing.

For someone who cares about sound quality he does a terrible job mixing audio

Old_Zircon

• Paid
Holy shit that first video is golden:

PatrickWavy2 is amazing.

For someone who cares about sound quality he does a terrible job mixing audio
Sanguinary Novel, June 20, 2015, 02:02:08 pm

The only think that makes me think he isn't a troll is that he's so prolific. Although most of this is stuff he's trying to sell, so it may be that he doesn't believe any of this stuff and is just holding out for the one person who actually pays him a million dollars for an Unreal Mega Silver Power Cable, but that doesn't feel quite right to me either.  He's a really classic case of Poe's Law and/or the Dunning Kruger Effect.

Also those videos aren't even anything particularly special, they're just a couple of the most recent ones.  He's been making them for years and they're pretty much all incredible in one way or another.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:10:39 pm by Old_Zircon »

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!
Oh man, I'm glad Patrick82 is back! For a while all of the videos on his channel were set to private, and I was worried that he had disappeared.

He has a website that has a section where he responds to skeptics. It's pretty great.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Another good check-in would be those Choose Your Own Change stories where there would be years between updates. Did Jeff's dad wank in the sock? Did Tammy ever recover from the nefarious effects of the Asssexamon?

Also the CSI script that got its first comment over five years after being posted. Maybe it got a second comment by now?

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Another good check-in would be those Choose Your Own Change stories where there would be years between updates. Did Jeff's dad wank in the sock? Did Tammy ever recover from the nefarious effects of the Asssexamon?

Also the CSI script that got its first comment over five years after being posted. Maybe it got a second comment by now?
Isfahan, June 20, 2015, 07:40:19 pm
While I'd love to go up against Choose Your Own Change, I have NO IDEA how I'd go about it. It's not really a structure that's easy to make a doc out of becaus eof how user-directed it is, especially since CYOC is way bigger than it has any right to be.

It's a format that greatly encourages Kumquatting, though, so maybe I could work with that.