Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:35 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: General Podcast Questions Thread  (Read 45935 times)

Calaveron

• Paid
  • Mmf mm mmpfrtmy mrpd mn clngflmm
General Podcast Questions Thread #15
...sometimes Stog uses a smartphone app to determine what kind of dogs we are.portaxx, April 24, 2013, 03:43:45 am

So, what kind of dogs are you?
Delcat, April 24, 2013, 06:22:56 pm
I'm willing to bet at least one is a bichon frisé.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
General Podcast Questions Thread #16
...sometimes Stog uses a smartphone app to determine what kind of dogs we are.portaxx, April 24, 2013, 03:43:45 am

So, what kind of dogs are you?
Delcat, April 24, 2013, 06:22:56 pm

I can answer that!

The app I am using is called Dog Divinator, and it is free from the App Store for iOS.

I am a Golden Retriever, and my "personality is cheerful forgiving people and fun. You will mutch a straight personality". My lucky item today is a 'blue color's cloth', and I would be good with collies and a 'surprise people' with a Siberian Husky.

Portaxx is a Miniature Schnauzer. "can become outgoing and friendly with everyone. Sometimes I feel aggressive and strong, sometimes fragile and weak." Her lucky item today is a red color's binding, and she would be good friends with Afghan Hounds and a 'surprise people' with a Bulldog.

I have one entry in here named 'boners'. You can guess who it is! 'boners' is a Shiba Inu, and "The people you rely on your ally, your enemy is very scary." 'boners's lucky item is 'red color's drink'. Have fun!
Lemon Delcat
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:40:53 am by STOG »

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
General Podcast Questions Thread #17
I can answer that!

The app I am using is called Dog Divinator, and it is free from the App Store for iOS.

I am a Golden Retriever, and my "personality is cheerful forgiving people and fun. You will mutch a straight personality". My lucky item today is a 'blue color's cloth', and I would be good with collies and a 'surprise people' with a Siberian Husky.

Portaxx is a Miniature Schnauzer. "can become outgoing and friendly with everyone. Sometimes I feel aggressive and strong, sometimes fragile and weak." Her lucky item today is a red color's binding, and she would be good friends with Afghan Hounds and a 'surprise people' with a Bulldog.

I have one entry in here named 'boners'. You can guess who it is! 'boners' is a Shiba Inu, and "The people you rely on your ally, your enemy is very scary." 'boners's lucky item is 'red color's drink'. Have fun!
STOG, April 25, 2013, 09:34:08 am

If I rightly recall, Boots was a Golden Retriever and Jack Chick was a Papillon. I can't remember what the hell Toast and Lemon were though.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
General Podcast Questions Thread #18
Now I really, really want that app. It's a pity I don't have a smartphone.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
General Podcast Questions Thread #19
Interesting thread! I've got a few here.

First off, whatever happened to the sports episode? I recall you guys talking about doing your first ever sports podcast, and then a few episodes later saying that it was a horrible mistake. What gives?

Also, what, precisely, went wrong with the script episode (the one from which "In the Family" was recorded)?

And finally (this is just an idea that's been kicking around for a while) have you guys ever considered doing a bunch of "revisit" episodes, where you go back and try to find more content from old concepts? Say, go back to the Gainer/Feeder forums from Weight, Weight, Don't Tell Me or the self-help people (God, that was a messed-up episode) from You've Got a Friend?

transatlanticalien

• Paid
General Podcast Questions Thread #20
Bit of a weird question but who's the youngest reader? :0

(I will take a guess that it's John)

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
General Podcast Questions Thread #21
My money's on Bunnybread. Puberty was kind to him back in the day.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
General Podcast Questions Thread #22
Interesting thread! I've got a few here.

First off, whatever happened to the sports episode? I recall you guys talking about doing your first ever sports podcast, and then a few episodes later saying that it was a horrible mistake. What gives?

Also, what, precisely, went wrong with the script episode (the one from which "In the Family" was recorded)?

And finally (this is just an idea that's been kicking around for a while) have you guys ever considered doing a bunch of "revisit" episodes, where you go back and try to find more content from old concepts? Say, go back to the Gainer/Feeder forums from Weight, Weight, Don't Tell Me or the self-help people (God, that was a messed-up episode) from You've Got a Friend?
Locclo, April 26, 2013, 03:02:10 am

We were too radically into our sports for a sport episode to work out.  Bunnybread and I got into a heated argument over MMA and the others had to basically pull the plug because neither of us would listen to reason.  He's still wrong, by the way.

What did go wrong with the script episode?  I don't recall anything going wrong at all, other than whatever went wrong in the lives of the people who wrote the scripts we read.

As for revisitting, I know we've done it a little bit in the past but I'm not really keen on it myself, unless there's some notably different direction things could be taken.  That's no hard and fast rule, but it does seem a shame to me to go revisit old topics when we have so many new ones that need to be loved.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
General Podcast Questions Thread #23

There's a problem that can easily arise when trying to put together an episode. One will say "Hey, I'm going to put together an episode on X, that'll be awesome" and everyone else says "Hell yeah it will!". Then after 3 hours of combing the internet and coming up with scraps, you start to find things and say "well, this isn't the best, but I'll bet it will work with a silly voice." Usually that results in a bit of a mess of an episode. It's happened to several of us. It may happen again, but it's probably less likely as we've gained a better understanding of what works and what doesn't. Also we're getting loads of amazing submissions from people like you, making it easier to judge without such personal involvement.

Absolutely. I'd really like to go back to Daily Strength, OK Cupid, WikiHow again (or at least do ehow or instructables), and probably several others that aren't popping into my mind right now. If there's another episode to milk out of allrecipes, it will probably happen, as those were two of my favourite ones to record.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
General Podcast Questions Thread #24
Bit of a weird question but who's the youngest reader? :0

(I will take a guess that it's John)
transatlanticalien, April 26, 2013, 12:22:36 pm

Probably Nutshell's cat.

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
General Podcast Questions Thread #25
For those of you who aren't founding members, how did you come to be a ridiculist?

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
General Podcast Questions Thread #26
For those of you who aren't founding members, how did you come to be a ridiculist?
Ansemaru, April 26, 2013, 03:30:34 pm

All the ridiculists are founders, yo.  The non-founders have found themselves as guest readers.  We're all runnin F+ deephere, fo' lyfe.

(Also the youngest reader is Lemon.  He's eight years old.  He likes fried chicken.)
Alpha Starsquatch

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
General Podcast Questions Thread #27
All the ridiculists are founders, yo.  The non-founders have found themselves as guest readers.  We're all runnin F+ deephere, fo' lyfe.

(Also the youngest reader is Lemon.  He's eight years old.  He likes fried chicken.)
Acierocolotl, April 26, 2013, 03:37:43 pm

Ah, okay! I was assuming some people joined a few episodes in because some regulars weren't in like... the first ten or so. My mistake!

Adept

• Statistically Insignificant
  • Paid
  • (p=.056)
General Podcast Questions Thread #28
On that note, how did the F Plus get started? What is your superteam origin, Ridiculists?

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
General Podcast Questions Thread #29

Acierocolotl, April 26, 2013, 03:37:43 pm

Ah, okay! I was assuming some people joined a few episodes in because some regulars weren't in like... the first ten or so. My mistake!
Ansemaru, April 26, 2013, 03:39:38 pm

Well there's kind of more to it than that. Acier's just goofy. There are the people who started it up, and then people who came into it later.

Personally, I'd been around PoE and played TF2 with everyone for a while. Boots and Toast asked me about reading early on, but I didn't do it. Then one night, Boots messaged me on Steam with nothing but "WE'RE READING ABOUT OTHERKIN. GET IN HERE!!" and thus I made my Ridiculist debut. I didn't start consistently participating until I starting mining content, the animation episode being the first I put together.