Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:10:15 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 174: Icky Pedia  (Read 54964 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 174: Icky Pedia
with Frank West Jack Chick Acierocolotl Nutshell Gulag and Lemon
content for this episode was compiled by King Kalamari
edited by Lemon.

So many video games are all about violence, where's the games with the sex in them? Well, it shouldn't surprise you to learn that they're here, and that's because they've been imported from Japan. Oh, and there's also a whole lot of violence involved, as well as massive amounts of misogyny and borderline beastiality. So... this is a gross one, if you haven't sussed that out yet.

We're exploring the Monster Girl Quest Wiki, an exhaustive resource for an actual JRPG about a boy who must protect his sperm from a myriad of horrifying creatures. This week, The F Plus is bummed out by Iron Maiden.

MUSIC USED:
White Lung - Face Down
The Cure - Torture
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:29:06 pm by Lemon »

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #1
NSFW content. Click to show.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #2
Lemon, April 28, 2015, 10:08:18 pm

snakese.cx

Haruharuharuko

• Paid
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #3

Sssssssso? We gonna do thissssss or what?

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #4
I'm pretty sure that Amira, the Unfortunate Lamia never tries to have sex with Luka.

Also, pretty upset that this song isn't the intro, or the outro apparently since I scrubbed to that just now:

e: also I could have looked at the post where it says the music used
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:44:29 pm by RedMinjo »

RedMinjo

• Paid
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #5
I don't know if you get to it in the episode, but wrt to the question on why the monster girls feed on semen, it is because monsters keep their forms as monster girls with magic, and human dudes store a lot of magic in their sperm.  It is also the reason why Luka's sword turns most of them into a normal animal after he beats them.  Semen is magical, and all the monster girls are energy vampires, including the actual energy vampires.  I am the MGQ expert AMA.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #6
Well now that it's been explained, that all sounds pretty reasonable.
Sherman Tank Corn Syrup

RedMinjo

• Paid
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #7
Monster Girl Quest, to everyone's surprise, is filled with stupid shit to try and explain the setting.  I personally liked when it is revealed that Kitsune have the ability to read CDs by putting them in their mouth.

In the end of the episode you mention 3 games.  MGQ is a 3 part rpg that somehow works in what seems like a visual novel engine.  But also the start of a new 3 part series came out about 2 months ago, and it is an RPGMaker game, with a party system.  hth
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:50:51 pm by RedMinjo »

BomberJacket

• The Gilligan's Planet of Second Base
  • Paid
  • O give me a home where the Juffalos roam.
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #8

Total buttertorso
Laocius

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #9
So. I looked at the wiki. I shouldn't have done that. It seems like a hentai artist was caught up in the "Rob Liefeld Dillema" where he sucked at drawing feet, and it spun out of control.
CaptainLaserPants Sherman Tank

Haruharuharuko

• Paid
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #10
So. I looked at the wiki. I shouldn't have done that. It seems like a hentai artist was caught up in the "Rob Liefeld Dillema" where he sucked at drawing feet, and it spun out of control.
FattyBoBatty, April 29, 2015, 01:56:11 am
You'd figure that wouldn't be an issue with so many of the "creatures?" having like spider legs and goat hooves or being made of jell-o.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #11
The actual structure of many fetish games is quite strange from a game design perspective, because like noted a couple times in the episode the thing you came in for is usually what happens when you LOSE. Winning the game is such an unappealing prospect in comparison, which makes it kind of bizarre.

The transformation fetish community has a surprisingly big game development community, and when they delve into the RPG Maker stuff it's structured exactly like this. The 'money shot' scenes are so often hidden behind game overs and generally just letting yourself lose, it's a really weird sort of flow.

Unsurprisingly for such a thing, though, they are BIG on adventure games.
NotHelpingMatters

RedMinjo

• Paid
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #12
The actual structure of many fetish games is quite strange from a game design perspective, because like noted a couple times in the episode the thing you came in for is usually what happens when you LOSE. Winning the game is such an unappealing prospect in comparison, which makes it kind of bizarre.

The transformation fetish community has a surprisingly big game development community, and when they delve into the RPG Maker stuff it's structured exactly like this. The 'money shot' scenes are so often hidden behind game overs and generally just letting yourself lose, it's a really weird sort of flow.

Unsurprisingly for such a thing, though, they are BIG on adventure games.
Cleretic, April 29, 2015, 02:35:29 am

MGQ has the Monsterpedia, which lets you refight them or just look at the strange descriptions like the ones read on this episode.  When the earthworm girl entry mentioned that 2 of the bukkake things weren't available in the fight and 2 weren't in the game at all, it is because the Monsterpedia has an ordered list that just adds an effect to a part of the monster, but it does do a check for if the monster doesn't have that part at all. 

There are two more important things about the Monsterpedia, though.  The refight thing enables you to just roll on through the game, so it can be an option to alleviate the game design issue you highlighted.  It also acts as a stats page that collects if you've seen an attack or lose state, so it can also be an option to play into the game design issue. 

This game actually does okay in messing with your power levels to make you feel like the one-winged angel that of fucking course the main character becomes.  You just dodge all the dick suckings and ruin people's shit, and every fight after a certain point has to be a boss fight.  I haven't played other fetish games to compare this to, but it does seem better than a fetish game on a shitty visual novel looking engine deserves to be.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #13
You know way too much about this game for it to be healthy, Minjo.

That being said, I clicked on a few random articles on that wiki and found this lovely gem.

She longs for a hero to help her receive a Pledge of Marriage from the Kraken so that Meia and her older-than-his-appearance lover, who she used charm magic on to shrink his appearance into that of a child, so that he would remain "cute", can get married.

Taking into consideration that the "hero" looks to be about 12 or so, I'm just gonna be happy that there is no Monster Boy wiki.
NotHelpingMatters

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 174: Icky Pedia #14

Imagine being back in 1997, on dial-up, and watching this picture download slowly from the top down.
John Toast Sherman Tank NotHelpingMatters Corn Syrup