Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:05:56 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 212: History of the Dozerfleet Part 2  (Read 43559 times)

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
This guy puts an exhaustive amount of effort into his bullshit. I mean, it's not just the wiki, because that's the sort of thing even someone like I could do. But he has to develop his own dumb file formats to put his bullshit into. How does he have time to be this meticulous about all this shit?
Yavuz Sultan Selim, May 26, 2016, 11:54:40 pm

No job, no social life, lives with his parents, I'm guessing.

Psammetichus

• ᕕ(⊙ω⊙)ᕗ
  • Paid
  • O damn'd Sonic! O inhuman hog!
Some things that jumped out at me during the episode:

i) He is obviously influenced heavily by Wikipedia, as evidenced by him including a "Reception" sub-heading even for stupid, five-minute school presentations. For example, the page for his his movie Blood Over Water, follows the standard Wikipedia format: plot summary, cast and crew, development/production, music, distribution, see also, etc. Also, you can tell he's trying to imitate the academic, somewhat cold style of writing that's found on Wikipedia. (Also, he's obviously heavily influenced by Wikipedia given the whole, y'know, wiki thing.)

ii) I find that a lot of weirdos — including and especially Dozerfleet — possess something which verges on obsession with their time spent in high-school college (cf. Chris-Chan, etc.) Why? Honestly, I think the reason these guys are so nostalgic for high-school is because people were forced to interact with them. In high-school, people would be forced to sit by Dozerfleet, do group projects with Dozerfleet, etc. But now that these same people have the option to hang-out with Dozerfleet or not, it's not surprising everyone chooses the latter. But they didn't have that choice in high-school.

iii) He's a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, the most conservative mainstream Lutheran synod in the USA. For a point of comparison, Michelle Bachmann belongs to the same synod. (And it's no coincidence that Dozerfleet is a big Michelle Bachmann fan.)

Anyway, want to guess how old Dozerfleet is? The answer: Thirty-three years old. The wiki must be his full-time job or something, since he hasn't been employed since August 2011. Guess where he was born? Florida, of course.
cube abuser Yavuz Sherman Tank chai tea latte Bodark Nifty Nif Corn Syrup JonRG AlbieQuirky Really_Quite_Nice

dractivisionary

• Paid
Some things that jumped out at me during the episode:

i) He is obviously influenced heavily by Wikipedia, as evidenced by him including a "Reception" sub-heading even for stupid, five-minute school presentations. For example, the page for his his movie Blood Over Water, follows the standard Wikipedia format: plot summary, cast and crew, development/production, music, distribution, see also, etc. Also, you can tell he's trying to imitate the academic, somewhat cold style of writing that's found on Wikipedia. (Also, he's obviously heavily influenced by Wikipedia given the whole, y'know, wiki thing.)

ii) I find that a lot of weirdos — including and especially Dozerfleet — possess something which verges on obsession with their time spent in high-school college (cf. Chris-Chan, etc.) Why? Honestly, I think the reason these guys are so nostalgic for high-school is because people were forced to interact with them. In high-school, people would be forced to sit by Dozerfleet, do group projects with Dozerfleet, etc. But now that these same people have the option to hang-out with Dozerfleet or not, it's not surprising everyone chooses the latter. But they didn't have that choice in high-school.

iii) He's a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, the most conservative mainstream Lutheran synod in the USA. For a point of comparison, Michelle Bachmann belongs to the same synod. (And it's no coincidence that Dozerfleet is a big Michelle Bachmann fan.)

Anyway, want to guess how old Dozerfleet is? The answer: Thirty-three years old. The wiki must be his full-time job or something, since he hasn't been employed since August 2011. Guess where he was born? Florida, of course.
Psammetichus, May 29, 2016, 02:09:00 pm
Florida?! why must he live in the same state as me?

Bodark

• Joan Ocean's #1 Fansquatch
  • Paid
  • I'm real and I tried to suck your dick.
The thing about Dozerfleet (besides the fact that this guy is an insufferable bigot, and a sorry excuse for a human being) is that if he put the same amount of effort into any ONE of his non-existent endeavors that he does his fucking wiki, he could be legitimately successful, but he can't take criticism. What the fuck did his professors know, right? Obviously everything he thinks up is flawless and amazing, so he doesn't need to change it. Those fucking philistines out there don't know quality, so he's going to keep it to himself until the people come to him and make him a media company and have him the their omnipotent god boss. The concepts were the most important part, and he's already done them.

He even included the part where they're all mega-hits, so why isn't everyone worshiping flocking to him, already?
Nifty Nif Liatai

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
I've always been uncomfortably fascinated with Dozerfleet, and his deviantArt journal is the blog I've never been able to find.

If it weren't for the thousands of hours of work on display (okay, "work"), I wouldn't believe he was real. He complained about  a joke made by Tony Stark because it involved radiometric dating.
Nifty Nif

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
I've always been uncomfortably fascinated with Dozerfleet, and his deviantArt journal is the blog I've never been able to find.

If it weren't for the thousands of hours of work on display (okay, "work"), I wouldn't believe he was real. He complained about  a joke made by Tony Stark because it involved radiometric dating.
Tao Te Chump, May 30, 2016, 12:37:50 am

holy shit. he basically has one follower. So much documented irrelevance.

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Somehow he made a... "parody?" of Orange is the New Black. I don't understand how he could bear to even hear it summarized. Please note the name of the center character.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Somehow he made a... "parody?" of Orange is the New Black. I don't understand how he could bear to even hear it summarized. Please note the name of the center character.
Tao Te Chump, May 30, 2016, 01:38:02 am

The man knows how to hold a grudge.  True love never dies.  I hope Carly lives in another country now.

Well, I'm already pumped for next year's Dozerfleet episode. His DeviantArt journal is upsettingly current, and I never knew that feature existed--probably because nobody should ever use it.  This man is so committed to leaving an imaginary legacy.  I'm sure there is something, some nugget deep in the back of his head, some implicit fear about being forgotten and alone forever, and one day he will be dead and his ideas--his perfect, misunderstood ideas--will be gone forever.  I suppose this is what he will keep doing at this rate until he decides to stop, but his horrible ideas are his jam.  I guess this way Dozerfleet Productions will never run out of content.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
her hair is a bsod

:(

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
This man is so committed to leaving an imaginary legacy.
Nifty Nif, May 30, 2016, 01:47:46 am
And his 'work' is so extensive, and decentralized that he's going to, I'm sure. It's going to be damn near impossible to completely lose Dozerfleet, across all the different websites he uses.

If someone as... verbose as Dozerfleet existed at any point in the past, we would know EVERYTHING about how people at that point in history lived. I mean sure, there's Facebook and Twitter and such providing a greater picture of that in today's times, but that's ultimately personally curated. Dozerfleet has detailed so much of his life that, even if you had literally no other context of how life was like in his time and place, you could still piece together what a normal person's life was through it. Dozerfleet sure isn't normal, but he has extensively documented his interactions with the normal world.

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
If future scholars only had Dozerfleet to document the present, history books would include a chapter on the dystopian hellscape ruled by militant gay libtard girls-who-would-not-date-me.
Bodark Nifty Nif Sherman Tank

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid

The one on the right is named Emily after the other girl he sent newsletters to.

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid

The one on the right is named Emily after the other girl he sent newsletters to.
Cheapskate, May 30, 2016, 04:59:48 pm

Oh my God, I forgot about that. That she died makes it more fucked up than most of his obsessions, in my opinion. Here's one of his classic sentences that says volumes (emphasis mine):

At Dozerfleet Productions in particular, the Dozerfleet founder was overcome with emotion at the prospect of her passing. He immediately pried for details, and learned of when the memorial would be held.

That had to be a terrible experience for her family.

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
...I think I finally put a finger on what unnerves me so much about Dozerfleet.  He reminds me far too much of this guy I knew who started stalking me after a while.  Brrr.
Really_Quite_Nice Liatai

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
This dude needs to get high, get fucked, and get the shit beat out of him, in that order.
Corn Syrup Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Knitting Machine chai tea latte Digital Walnut Sherman Tank Really_Quite_Nice