Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:11:22 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2  (Read 25854 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #1
shit no I just finished the last one HELP

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #2
[yayvictor]

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #3
I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT EARWOLF PODCAST COMPETITION EVEN HAPPENED

boy that was a real wet fart of a thing, huh?

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #4
I also can't listen to "F Plus Sings" anymore, but mostly because I had to listen to the raw files ad nauseum. Maybe in a few more years.

I'm stoked to get a mention, by the way, and to have one of my mixes on there (even though I consider it one of my weakest ones)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:32:13 pm by Lady Frenzy »

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #5
Some of the other mixes make for better songs, but that one stands out for being conceptually terrific.

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #6
Yeah when I met jack chick in person I knew what a fucking scrub I was being but I still said "I'm sorry but I have to inform you right now that you are jack fucking chick."

And he was like "yeah, ha ha, how could you tell."

I could tell because we were speaking to each other with voices. So, in other words, if someone who listens to the podcast hears your voices in the wild, they will probably know. They'll just have to decide whether or not they want to say 'I know you're trying to have a normal conversation but in my head I hear you screaming about monster girls and I have just been stuck in this loop of horror for as long as I've been standing in front of you.'

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #7
Don't worry Nutshell, your voices are awesome. You screaming "DIE! DIE! KILL! KILL! SEE YOU IN HELL!" is one of my favorite moments.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:58:59 am by Sherman Tank »

Lady Frenzy

• ride junk ride drunk
  • Paid
  • Doctor doctor, I've got the lady frenzy
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #8
Some of the other mixes make for better songs, but that one stands out for being conceptually terrific.
Lemon, January 20, 2016, 10:48:42 pm

Fair enough!

Almost coincidentally, this episode was released a day after Paula Deen's 69th birthday.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #9
About the idea to make ballp.it: I've got a sneaking suspicion that you were trying to re-create the birth of Something Awful Forums. You've got a thing where people make fun of stuff on the internet, and then there's a message board for it that costs tenbux. I'm not even complaining, as long as you don't also duplicate the "being a super up-tight nerd" thing or the "helldump exists" thing.

Now, excuse me, I'm off to create Let's Play 2.0 and fuck up the forums with an influx of millions of children.

Mu.

• Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #10
About the idea to make ballp.it: I've got a sneaking suspicion that you were trying to re-create the birth of Something Awful Forums. You've got a thing where people make fun of stuff on the internet, and then there's a message board for it that costs tenbux. I'm not even complaining, as long as you don't also duplicate the "being a super up-tight nerd" thing or the "helldump exists" thing.

Now, excuse me, I'm off to create Let's Play 2.0 and fuck up the forums with an influx of millions of children.
Gyro, January 21, 2016, 11:01:15 am

I think I found the podcast off of SA (either directly or through some kind of chain through the 'This Troper' series, I can't remember) and I think the contrasts between here and there are quite interesting. I still post there in a few threads under a different name. If nothing else, The F Plus and ballp.it have had much better community management and decisions than SA has ever had. This may have been helped by the fact that they've not been around as long as SA nor are they anywhere near as large, but I think it's also the chillness and good humour of the podcast itself. It's kind of amazing how many fuck-ups have happened at SA in pretty much every conceivable area and the development of its nuts-o forum politics over the years but I can't even think of any major screw-ups here. The MNGT have every right to be proud of that.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #11

Gyro, January 21, 2016, 11:01:15 am

Yep. Who wouldn't want to recreate the paradise of the something awful forums?
chai tea latte Fanzay Lemon

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #12
jack chick, January 21, 2016, 12:12:42 pm

Ahaha yep. I almost said "although I don't know WHY you'd do that," but to be honest SA forums does produce oodles of fantastic original content, even if half the other posts are in petty, bitter, misanthropic shitnerd style.

If nothing else, The F Plus and ballp.it have had much better community management and decisions than SA has ever had. This may have been helped by the fact that they've not been around as long as SA nor are they anywhere near as large, but I think it's also the chillness and good humour of the podcast itself. It's kind of amazing how many fuck-ups have happened at SA in pretty much every conceivable area and the development of its nuts-o forum politics over the years but I can't even think of any major screw-ups here. The MNGT have every right to be proud of that.
Murphy, January 21, 2016, 11:59:43 am
I agree completely. People on SA tend to take the wrong things way too seriously, whereas over here it's STOG country. Thanks, ridiculists, for keeping it chill.
Corn Syrup
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:46:07 pm by Gyro »

Mu.

• Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #13
jack chick, January 21, 2016, 12:12:42 pm

Ahaha yep. I almost said "although I don't know WHY you'd do that," but to be honest SA forums does produce oodles of fantastic original content, even if half the other posts are in petty, bitter, misanthropic shitnerd style.
Gyro, January 21, 2016, 12:42:51 pm

Come on, it's more like 85% of all posts.

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #14
That was entirely fantastic but I can't help but notice the lack of I'm 8 years old and I like fried chicken!