Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:31 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 247: r/eally_sorry_about_that  (Read 19573 times)

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #30
One of my favorite parts of /relationships is the sheer number of posts which are all "I'm a man in my late thirties dating a barely legal college student and she's so immature! How do I change her??!"

It just keeps popping up over and over and over.

Really_Quite_Nice

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #31
When Boots referred to Portal 2 as "the deep end" I made an audible snort of dismissal at the idea, and then immediately felt bad about myself, so [trap] on myself.
Lemon Sherman Tank Boots Raingear nuffkins, of all people, chai tea latte Puppy Time Achilles' Heelies Shell Game Yavuz

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #32
When Boots referred to Portal 2 as "the deep end" I made an audible snort of dismissal at the idea, and then immediately felt bad about myself, so [trap] on myself.
Frank West, April 18, 2017, 12:23:23 pm

The Frank Westverton Window

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #33
I really hate that everyone on that gaming girlfriend post ignored the fact that she just wanted to spend more time with her piece of shit boyfriend.

Though I guess I don't know why I expect Reddit to grasp such deep social intricacies.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #34
I really hate that everyone on that gaming girlfriend post ignored the fact that she just wanted to spend more time with her piece of shit boyfriend.

Though I guess I don't know why I expect Reddit to grasp such deep social intricacies.
Shell Game, May 24, 2017, 12:44:03 pm

Remember that we (and our content providers) are selectively choosing the awful stuff from threads like that. The vast majority of actual responses in that thread were from people just as bothered by the pure shittiness of that boyfriend as all of us were (although with more "I wouldn't do that to you, m'lady" tone to it)
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Shell Game

• Paid
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #35
Oh I know. And I'm glad people responded sensibly. It's still so obnoxiously!

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #36
Yeah it's surprisingly hard getting good comment threads on r/relationships, because like 98% of the posts are sane and reasonable people who have somehow managed to continue posting on reddit.

Fortunately, there's always that 2% where someone's Spidey Sense went off and they said, "Wait! Someone is covering my area of interest!  THE INTERNET NEEDS MY TERRIBLE OPINIONS!"

And, y'know, all the beautiful, beautiful OPs with their baffling problems.

Shell Game

• Paid
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #37
Haha. That's really true. Actually now that I think of it I recall listening to the r/legaladvice ep and was like "Huh. Well actually I've found myself surprised by how often people get really good advice from people with law backgrounds." But then I remembered that the most hilarious/ridiculous stuff usually comes from the OP.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #38
Haha. That's really true. Actually now that I think of it I recall listening to the r/legaladvice ep and was like "Huh. Well actually I've found myself surprised by how often people get really good advice from people with law backgrounds." But then I remembered that the most hilarious/ridiculous stuff usually comes from the OP.
Shell Game, May 25, 2017, 07:09:49 pm

I occasionally go to r/legaladvice, when the advice is bad it's usually because it's just incredibly judgmental and assumes our justice system works perfectly. If you're asking for advice there on something that has a more complicated answer than "yes, you're fine" or "no, get a lawyer and/or stop breaking laws" then, unless you get lucky and get an actual good commentator, you are going to get bad advice. It's just not crazy, stupid bad advice. The fact that the people doing the upvoting/downvoting, and therefore choosing who drives the conversation, are mostly not lawyers themselves but just random redditors also really hurts the place for genuine legal advice.

Still, I'll give it credit. It's a perfect place to go if you have a question that's complicated enough that you can't figure it out yourself, but simple enough that you don't want to actually talk to a lawyer about it.
Shell Game GenesisAlwaysSucked

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #39
r/legaladvice is awesome for the same reason as r/relationships: to just read the entries and wonder "Why???"

ETA: Another legaladvice episode would be great.  Maybe I'll do one of those, much as I feel bad for always going back to the reddit well.  It's just got such a great combo of awkward turbonerds and a high enough population to contain multiple weirdoes!
Shell Game blunge
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:40:36 pm by Puppy Time »

blunge

• Paid
247: r/eally_sorry_about_that #40
There's also that weird thing where the OP doesn't feel they're getting the right answers and try to game the system by crossposting to other threads and using that feedback to slam the original responders, and then melting down when the tactic fails,.