Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:13 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 288: The Rites of Price  (Read 12380 times)

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
288: The Rites of Price #15
I can't believe you didn't know about people selling "haunted" dolls
A Meat, September 12, 2018, 01:14:40 pm

A Meat please make the haunted doll doc
Sanguinary Self-Help Novel, September 12, 2018, 01:39:05 pm
I have a doc in the hopper that has a bit about haunted dolls, but I'll look into it further after I finish working on this recipe doc I've been putting together
A Meat, September 12, 2018, 01:40:10 pm

You're the best A Meat!!

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
288: The Rites of Price #16
so fun fact, one of anitasapocatheryshop's candles that i forget if i shoved in the doc is supposed to prevent against negative energy vampires, but more importantly it has literal fucking rocks in the wax along with like dried grass, how is this safe
Sherman Tank

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
288: The Rites of Price #17
Oh boy! I just remembered something fun I found on my roadtrip. You think that witching kits are limited to tiny occult shops and Etsy?

WELL HOW ABOUT THE GODDAMN MOMA IN NEW YORK!

Click here for big size to read that good text

Spellbound Sky, for all of your bourgeoisie witch needs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 03:26:50 pm by Sanguinary Self-Help Novel »

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
288: The Rites of Price #18
The Simpsons' prank call gag was pretty good at first but they lost me in season 23 when they came up with "Anita Apothecary Shop"

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
288: The Rites of Price #19
so fun fact, one of anitasapocatheryshop's candles that i forget if i shoved in the doc is supposed to prevent against negative energy vampires, but more importantly it has literal fucking rocks in the wax along with like dried grass, how is this safe

Seth "Slimy" Rollins, September 12, 2018, 03:01:00 pm

On one hand, the rocks are perfectly safe, and you CAN add dried herbs and flowers SPARINGLY to candle wax while you're making it. Key word there is SPARINGLY. :B Yeah what this person has made with that herb cake is a massive fire hazard. Plus, since rosemary and lavender have a lot of oil in their leaves, once they catch, they're gonna burn long and strong (but at least smell kinda nice?). |D;

Fantastic episode. Friends and I played along while listening. We were all WAY under on the estimate for juggalo lady's spells.
Eider Duck Sherman Tank

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
288: The Rites of Price #20
I really love whenever new-agey pagans bring up the Salem Witch Trials or "THE BURNING TYMES!" as a great act of persecution against their faith, considering the trials predated the concept of Wicca by several centuries and pretty much all of the people arrested during the trials were just run-of-the-mill protestants who were accused of being satanists during a period of public hysteria.
Sherman Tank Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Vinny Possum Liatai The Smoking Dad Corn Syrup . Eider Duck Moose adrenochrome dome

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
288: The Rites of Price #21
Actually using the word "ancestors" too, as though crystal rubbin spiritualism is a tradition passed from mother to daughter in a rich a storied ethnic tradition.
SHAMBA~1.SBB Sherman Tank

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
288: The Rites of Price #22
IMO the only people who can claim that their ancestors were persecuted as a result of witch trials are beer brewers.

Because witch trials tended to focus on unmarried adult women, and one of the only trades available to unmarried women in early modern Europe was brewing beer, the women accused of being witches were frequently brewers. This is also where a bunch of stereotypes about witches (cauldrons, brooms, pointy hats, cats) comes from.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage KingKalamari Liatai eldritchhat Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sherman Tank Wrought chai tea latte Vinny Possum Dawnswalker

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
288: The Rites of Price #23
Y'know, I'm sure the Republic of Egypt's Islamic authorities absolutely let random "pagans" perform bullshit ceremonies in their ancient archeological sites.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
288: The Rites of Price #24
That part is actually probably true, considering that my Egyptology professor had stories of going to visit the Great Pyramid while a bunch of 'pyramidiots' (her term) were doing some kind of magic crystal ceremony around the sarcophagus inside.

The authorities might not be super into it, but I've got no doubt people get away with their magickickal nonsense all the time.
SHAMBA~1.SBB Sherman Tank Liatai

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
288: The Rites of Price #25
I really love whenever new-agey pagans bring up the Salem Witch Trials or "THE BURNING TYMES!" as a great act of persecution against their faith, considering the trials predated the concept of Wicca by several centuries and pretty much all of the people arrested during the trials were just run-of-the-mill protestants who were accused of being satanists during a period of public hysteria.
KingKalamari, September 13, 2018, 09:17:25 pm
A while ago I read a book about Gnosticism, and the author did this exact same thing except about when gnostic Christian sects were censored throughout history. Note that each gnostic sect in the past has had different specific beliefs and traditions, and they aren't really connected to each other or to the modern Gnostic church, which was founded in the 20th century.

The history itself was interesting to read, but not so much was the persecution complex.
Darkly, September 14, 2018, 01:44:38 pm

If I hear one more time from dumb hippies about how sex-positive, liberated, and uninhibited Gnostics were I'm going to go back in time and shoot up the damn Nicene Council.

Most gnostic groups would make dozerfleet seem chill and well adjusted about sex by comparison.
SHAMBA~1.SBB Sherman Tank Liatai

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
288: The Rites of Price #26
A while ago I read a book about Gnosticism, and the author did this exact same thing except about when gnostic Christian sects were censored throughout history. Note that each gnostic sect in the past has had different specific beliefs and traditions, and they aren't really connected to each other or to the modern Gnostic church, which was founded in the 20th century.

The history itself was interesting to read, but not so much was the persecution complex.

If I hear one more time from dumb hippies about how sex-positive, liberated, and uninhibited Gnostics were I'm going to go back in time and shoot up the damn Nicene Council.

Most gnostic groups would make dozerfleet seem chill and well adjusted about sex by comparison.
Vinny Possum, September 15, 2018, 10:00:58 am
what about their recipes?
SHAMBA~1.SBB Cirr

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
288: The Rites of Price #27
You know, I've always considered myself vaguely pagany. I have some neat rocks, my own little herb garden, might even light a candle and give thanks to whoever is listening. What I don't do is scream about witch burnings while rubbing oil over my handmade dreamcatchers as my house burns down from lighting too many candles

God, I've known people like these sellers. They all smell like patchouli oil that went bad
Liatai

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
288: The Rites of Price #28

Vinny Possum, September 15, 2018, 10:00:58 am
what about their recipes?
A Meat, September 15, 2018, 10:16:41 am

Every Vegan recipe the f-plus has read, minus spices, I would guess.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
288: The Rites of Price #29
This is one of my new favorite episodes, speaking as someone who only ever used Etsy to buy a "What Would Lemmy Do?" t-shirt while drunk.