Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:32:32 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 146041 times)

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
TV we've been watching lately #135
Finally started watching Flash recently, and DC continues to impress me. It's vastly different in terms of tone and style (lighthearted and comedic instead of grim and serious), which is a big breath of fresh air in my opinion. Also, it's a nice change of pace to see a hero who's pretty much completely out of his element as a superhero, with little to no actual combat training, just his power. I'm sort of concerned about how the show is going to handle being intertwined with Arrow, even if it's only a little bit. I imagine that there will be people who just watch one or the other, or just marathon them all the way through without going back and forth to keep up with the occasional crossovers and references.

eatenmyeyes

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #136
Bojack Horseman, Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty, and True Detective are all pretty good.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
TV we've been watching lately #137
People keep telling me to give Bojack another try but the first season was just awful. Is it actually better, or is there just more of it?

eatenmyeyes

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #138
People keep telling me to give Bojack another try but the first season was just awful. Is it actually better, or is there just more of it?
chai tea latte, August 24, 2015, 05:18:35 pm
Are you watching it solely as a comedy?  Not to say it's not funny, but there is a lot of pathos.  He wants to be a good person, but has trouble getting there.  I'd say give it a try.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #139
chai tea latte, August 24, 2015, 05:18:35 pm
Are you watching it solely as a comedy?  Not to say it's not funny, but there is a lot of pathos.  He wants to be a good person, but has trouble getting there.  I'd say give it a try.
eatenmyeyes, August 24, 2015, 06:07:40 pm
i have enough of that already, but i'll give S2 a few episodes.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
TV we've been watching lately #140
Started to get back into trailer park boys, and managed to get a friend into it as well, which I'm thrilled about. Also have finally been checking out The X-Files and have been really enjoying seeing the series come into its own. Watched the first two eps of rick and morty and want to watch more but I promised a friend I'd hold off on watching it so we can watch it together (she loves the series and wants to rewatch the first season with me).

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #141
Started to get back into trailer park boys, and managed to get a friend into it as well, which I'm thrilled about. Also have finally been checking out The X-Files and have been really enjoying seeing the series come into its own. Watched the first two eps of rick and morty and want to watch more but I promised a friend I'd hold off on watching it so we can watch it together (she loves the series and wants to rewatch the first season with me).
Tiny Prancer, August 26, 2015, 01:01:15 pm

The X-Files is probably one of the most consistently entertaining shows with as many seasons as it has. When it's good it's good, and when it's bad it can still be really entertaining

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #142
One episode into the brink and its decent, liking it more than I though it would but hoping it gets a little better

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
TV we've been watching lately #143
Been watching a bunch of Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen, and I have to say, CK has been getting increasingly ridiculous and slapstick and less and less about cooking, which is a huge shame in my opinion, since the small sabotages are much more interesting than someone having to prep everything in a hat while holding an apple in their mouths or whatever the fuck they come up with next. Or at least limit the sabotages to ones that affect the cooking process and not just physically limiting the chefs.

Chopped is always fun to watch to some extent, even if it is somewhat repetitive. But I actually like that they sometimes have themes to the episodes so it isn't just the same every time

chai tea latte

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #144
my favourite food shows are Iron Chef America for Serious Cooking Television and Food Network Canada's really pleasant and nice You Gotta Eat Here, which is basically if Diners, Drive-ins and Dives was hosted by your second-grade math teacher and focused on Canadian comfort food instead. Good Eats was also excellent, and there's a page online with links to the back episodes.

agree that Cutthroat Kitchen is pretty gimmicky of late but i mean that's what seems to be working for the edits so i can't blame them. we get Chopped: Canada here which I'm always content to have on in the background if I'm cooking or sewing or whatever, agree on that front.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:38:20 pm by chai tea latte »

chai tea latte

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #145
Nathan For You is back and amazing

Vorko

• Paid
  • pining for the fijords
TV we've been watching lately #146
Go watch Fringe.  It's good for you.
Maxine Headroom

Ambious

TV we've been watching lately #147
Vorko, October 23, 2015, 05:35:46 am

Some of Australia's best are in that show!

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
TV we've been watching lately #148
The new Muppets show is terrible and gets the Muppets completely wrong.

Vorko

• Paid
  • pining for the fijords
TV we've been watching lately #149
Vorko, October 23, 2015, 05:35:46 am

Some of Australia's best are in that show!
Ambious, October 23, 2015, 09:36:57 am

John Noble is amazing.   He's going to be in Elementary this season as well as the world's worst dad.  Again.