Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:59 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 132: Skyrim Has Crashed (User Decency Error)  (Read 27180 times)

advancedclass

• Paid
Yay Toast and yay Montrith! (I would love to hear you guest on more episodes if possible.)

But really, mad props to everyone for making such an amazing episode out of subject matter where I would have thought most of the humour was in how terrible all these mods look. I hardly wanted to throw up at all while listening!

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
What's the ridiculous shit, then? I'm seeing apologetics, and there's no way I'm digging around loverslab to find out.
kal-elk, April 07, 2014, 08:27:02 pm

This forum is a place full of people who know a lot about terrible things they do not personally partake in. I'm not apologizing for the terrible shit I've seen on that website, I'm just saying that it's a shame the podcast had to focus on the scary stuff that goes on there, instead of the stuff that's hilarious. Because really, I've seen some terrible things on the internet, but the fact is that when you go searching around in the dark, dusty places that are out of sight and mind of your average person, places like Loverslab, you're going to find that kind of shit.

I actually made a thread about exactly this topic, almost a month ago. Really weird coincidence. http://ballp.it/index.php?topic=1074.0

Take the sexy lockpicking mod as an example.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
What's the ridiculous shit, then? I'm seeing apologetics, and there's no way I'm digging around loverslab to find out.
kal-elk, April 07, 2014, 08:27:02 pm

This forum is a place full of people who know a lot about terrible things they do not personally partake in. I'm not apologizing for the terrible shit I've seen on that website, I'm just saying that it's a shame the podcast had to focus on the scary stuff that goes on there, instead of the stuff that's hilarious. Because really, I've seen some terrible things on the internet, but the fact is that when you go searching around in the dark, dusty places that are out of sight and mind of your average person, places like Loverslab, you're going to find that kind of shit.

I actually made a thread about exactly this topic, almost a month ago. Really weird coincidence. http://ballp.it/index.php?topic=1074.0

Take the sexy lockpicking mod as an example.
Spacebat, April 07, 2014, 10:40:15 pm
shit, i totally forgot that was you! sorry. That lockpick mod is still creepy to me, but I agree it's definitely...less intuitive.

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
Saying that Nexusmods has a borderline autocratic moderation policy is half right. The Nexus moderation team is only there to reinforce their extreme echo chamber hugbox mentality, and will ban you for anything even halfway resembling actual criticism, because "don't be a meanie, he's within site rules". Also, if a (MASSIVE AIRQUOTES) "respected" modder rips off a newbie, the mod team will without fail defend the "respected" modder. Also don't mod sass, you'll get banned. If I remember right, that's why Trainwiz got the boot.

A place like Loverslab is a necessary evil and serves a purpose, as depraved as some of its inhabitants might be.
Spacebat, April 07, 2014, 08:16:31 pm

Wait what?

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Listening to this today, I can't help but think of how recently I saw someone on tumblr say they wished the Radscorpions in fallout were actually just scorpions wearing cool sunglasses and I feel like if there's this much time and effort being put into all these different sex mods, there's gotta be somebody out there who's available to put cool sunglasses on Radscorpions.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
That would be pretty amazing.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
All I can say for my opinion is that as far as I've seen the creepy shit definitely outweighs the silly shit. I dunno shit about Nexusmod or the moderator drama there, but while there might be some decent stuff on Loverslab finding that stuff is like looking through dog shit for a penny the dog swallowed. Not worth it in my opinion. As for the loli mod, while it may not be on the actual site people were commenting on it and asking about it in more than one thread.

If you've got any of that funny mod stuff stashed away somewhere, I'd be more than happy to look at it if you post it somewhere. For myself, I really can't be bothered to slog through that place again.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
you've done more than enough, Montrith. Let us hope none of us ever have to go there again.

Fanzay

• Failson Prime
  • Paid
  • Turned on is the wrong word
S(he) who fights with monsters etc.?

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
Listening to this today, I can't help but think of how recently I saw someone on tumblr say they wished the Radscorpions in fallout were actually just scorpions wearing cool sunglasses and I feel like if there's this much time and effort being put into all these different sex mods, there's gotta be somebody out there who's available to put cool sunglasses on Radscorpions.
Tiny Prancer, April 08, 2014, 12:34:42 am

I can't speak for sunglasses on radscorpions, but someone's doing something right with Skyrim:

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
That was actually the comparison that I was going to make, but wasn't sure if anyone would get the reference. Radscorpion sunglasses would totally be the posh mudcrab of Fallout: New Vegas. I would download it, no question.

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
...but while there might be some decent stuff on Loverslab finding that stuff is like looking through dog shit for a penny the dog swallowed. Not worth it in my opinion.
montrith, April 08, 2014, 01:57:14 am

Isn't that what you do anyway?
Lemon

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
...but while there might be some decent stuff on Loverslab finding that stuff is like looking through dog shit for a penny the dog swallowed. Not worth it in my opinion.
montrith, April 08, 2014, 01:57:14 am

Isn't that what you do anyway?
Spacebat, April 08, 2014, 03:32:50 pm

Only when it's actually not making me mad. This forum honestly tried my patience, and that usually never happens.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
I've only played like, ~20 hrs of Skyrim and most of that was just bashing things with my hammer. Where exactly does the opportunity for sex happen, anyway? Or is it literally just running up to people and fucking them on the streets or in the tavern?

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
^ the 'realism' argument drives me up the wall. Sims mod/feature requests are heinous for just this reason. I have seen way too many requests for teen pregnancy to be added to the game.