Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:35 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: the australia zone  (Read 64742 times)

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #106
I'm a sovereign citizen now
chai tea latte

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #107
hello toowoomba i am in you.. quick question why is iT SO BUSY ON A SUNDAY AND NOTHINGS EVEN OPEN!!!!!

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #108
toowomba's a christian swamp

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #109
ah fuck i had subway for lunch does that count as a baptism

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #110
🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺 eat shit lyle 🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺🏳‍🌈🇦🇺
Cleretic GirlKisser420 Wyst FinchChunk

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
the australia zone #111
So I'm gonna be in Sydney for a week and I'm currently looking for an Airbnb for the first two days of it.

Is Manly Beach cool? I'm considering it on name alone (also the price is pretty good) but I've heard it's kind of touristy? Any other suggestions not too far from central Sydney?

Also: Any of y'all wanna hang out?

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #112
(grain of salt, I'm a Queenslander not a Sydneysider so this is from my visits, proper locals will know better despite the fact that they are otherwise moral degenerates)

The issue with Manly is if you want to get to the proper centre of town you need to get over the bridge or take the ferry which can be a hassle. It sort of depends why you're visiting and if there are particular areas you want to to have easy access to (E.g. do you want to go bar hopping, do you want to have easy access to the galleries and the opera house etc). 

When I visit Sydney I usually stay somewhere like Darlinghurst or Paddington which is convenient for going out  and near the central public transport hubs, but also because that's where my friends are and I'm going to visit the city. If you're going for more for the Aussie beach stuff Manly might still be a goer especially if you're mainly out during the day and don't mind a few ferry rides.
Bondi might be another option? Still a bit touristy but it has the beach and is on the right side of the Bay.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:20:53 am by FinchChunk »

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
the australia zone #113
just fyi manly also has a former quarantine station which is now a hotel. ive never stayed there but boy do i want to.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
the australia zone #114
I went to Manly Beach. It wasn’t too crowded, but I wasn’t there on a hot day.

If you take the backstage tour at the opera house, they let you play the piano in the practice room, so you can tell everyone you’ve played piano at the Sydney Opera House.

Harbor cruises are gorgeous. Taronga Zoo has great views. The National Maritime Museum has cool ships and stuff. Giant Dwarf Theater hosts excellent comedy shows.

Try Vegemite.

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #115
Try Vegemite.
Cheapskate, August 16, 2018, 07:34:58 am

Post videos.
Corn Syrup

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
the australia zone #116
Well, I'm gonna be spending 5 days in Sydney proper, so one of my objectives for this Airbnb was to find a place that wasn't too damn far away, but would give me a different vibe than the city center.

Also, as a lifelong Midwesterner, the very idea of a "beach" confuses and fascinates me.

Here's what a beach looks like over here:

You'll notice the water is clean but nobody is it it, and that's because that's Lake Superior so it's negative one million degrees.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
the australia zone #117
Update: Got impatent, booked a spot in Darling Point

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #118
You'll notice the water is clean but nobody is it it, and that's because that's Lake Superior so it's negative one million degrees.
Lemon, August 16, 2018, 10:33:22 am

Also someone put rocks all over the beach.
chai tea latte

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #119
I'm starting to worry that some people are serious about this whole Dutton as prime minister thing.