Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:45:15 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 171: r/mystupidideas  (Read 22620 times)

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #45

I have a Less Wrong doc like 3/4s finished but every time I try to seal the deal I just wanna go for a walk outside instead. Anyone with real doozies of LW posts should PM them to me.
chai tea latte, January 21, 2016, 08:32:53 pm

Please include something about Roko’s Basilisk. It's such a beautiful example of how the athiest transhuman movement can act like a fundamentalist religion.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #46
chai tea, do you have any quotes from the LessWrong/Rationalist My Little Pony fanfic because if not I have a PM to draft

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #47
chai tea, do you have any quotes from the LessWrong/Rationalist My Little Pony fanfic because if not I have a PM to draft
EYE OF ZA, January 21, 2016, 11:47:27 pm
none from it but one piece from where the writer is chatting about it and everyone fucking loves the idea. please PM me the fanfic excerpts i'm not going to read it myself

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #48
I dug it up and somehow it was worse than I had remembered, you'll see when you hit the 24-point marquee

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #49
Woke up. Thought about that prison article. Still mad.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #50
I dug it up and somehow it was worse than I had remembered, you'll see when you hit the 24-point marquee
EYE OF ZA, January 22, 2016, 04:24:55 am
oh jeez you weren't kidding. bleeeecccch.

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #51
Woke up. Thought about that prison article. Still mad.
goombapolice, January 22, 2016, 06:05:26 am

Take a chill shake relax in your recliner. It has a rumble feature.

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #52
If with this system, one prison staffer (guard/moderator/supply runner) could manage 200 prisoners, as opposed to the current 4.

"This can also be considered efficient in regards to prison escapes, as the amount of guards an escaping prisoner would need to kill would be cut down by about 80%"

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #53
If with this system, one prison staffer (guard/moderator/supply runner) could manage 200 prisoners, as opposed to the current 4.

"This can also be considered efficient in regards to prison escapes, as the amount of guards an escaping prisoner would need to kill would be cut down by about 80%"
Ashto, January 24, 2016, 01:30:32 am

See? It's all in how you spin it!

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #54
I'll see your megaprison and raise you one nerd cage.
Tao Te Chump, January 21, 2016, 12:29:37 pm

Hey I'm late to the party but I just saw this and want to laugh at him saying 'no no feeding human beings a 24/7 diet of Nutrient Paste for years at a time is humane because there's no PLASTIC FORKS that could be shanks!' and then saying we need to give these guys X-Box controllers

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #55
I'll see your megaprison and raise you one nerd cage.
Tao Te Chump, January 21, 2016, 12:29:37 pm

Hey I'm late to the party but I just saw this and want to laugh at him saying 'no no feeding human beings a 24/7 diet of Nutrient Paste for years at a time is humane because there's no PLASTIC FORKS that could be shanks!' and then saying we need to give these guys X-Box controllers
Glitterbomber, January 24, 2016, 08:16:07 pm

"Welcome to your cell, Emperor of Stabbing!"
"I know how to stab people. I like to stab people. I got a PhD in stabbing a lot."
"Now, your rehabilitation will consist of nothing but Soylent and this Oculus Rift device."
"Can I stab with it?"
"No. Of course, you can control your avatar in cyberspace with this plastic video game controller."
"I could stab someone with this white child's toy."
"Xbox 360 controllers don't have sharp edges!"
(THE EMPEROR OF STABBING THROWS HIS CONTROLLER AGAINST THE WALL SO HARD IT SHATTERS INTO JAGGED PLASTIC PIECES.)
"Hello, sharp plastic shiv pieces."
"That's not part of the vision of our new Tech-Fueled Utopia!"
chai tea latte Nifty Nif

Glitterbomber

• Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #56
I've heard of a man 'sharpening' a carrot, getting a buddy to freeze it, and stabbing another dude in the eye with it. If a motherfucker can weaponize produce and you genuinely are concerned about 'possible shanks' don't give them electronics made of plastic and metal!

Plastic and metal are what you combine in the prison survival RPG crafting game to get the knife weapon!

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #57
I'm sure they aren't any moving parts in a treadmill, either.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 171: r/mystupidideas #58
He's got that creepy nerd utilitarianism. Sexual assault from other inmates? No other inmates! Complex logistical issues that ruin lives and drain money? Spend less money!

He's somehow so disconnected from humanity that he sees cutting costs as an ultimate solution.

It reminds me of the guy who wrote Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Full discussion would derail everything, but there's probably a thread on him already. This kind of thought process is what makes some of the tech industry personalities unnerving for me.
Tao Te Chump, January 21, 2016, 03:28:09 pm

I don't think there is a Yudkowsky thread, but there totally should be. I've thought about making a Yudkowsky/Less Wrong doc, but I think it would require too much explanation up front to be funny.
Laocius, January 21, 2016, 08:17:57 pm
I have a Less Wrong doc like 3/4s finished but every time I try to seal the deal I just wanna go for a walk outside instead. Anyone with real doozies of LW posts should PM them to me.
chai tea latte, January 21, 2016, 08:32:53 pm

Have you included anything from the Dark Enlightenment? I thought about making a doc about neoreactionaries but it'd be too PUA-adjacent on its own.

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide