Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:38 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: My First Two Let's Plays  (Read 4181 times)

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
My First Two Let's Plays
I'm playing Undertale!

Here's video one and here's video two.

As always, feedback is appreciated and it's needed.
Yavuz

Ambious

My First Two Let's Plays #1
Right off the bat - a bit of constructive criticism.
Lower the volume of the game when you speak, it's really hard to understand what you're saying with the game music blasting at full volume.
Other than that I just started watching so I'll let you know, but yay for doing this!

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
My First Two Let's Plays #2
Okay, I'll keep a note of this.

When I play Undertale again, I'll turn it down.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
My First Two Let's Plays #3
You're talking a bunch in this (not that that's necessarily a bad thing), but if you find yourself with longer gaps between talking, or if you want to pause every so often when playing something with it's own voice acting or good music or whatever, you might want to consider autoducking. Here's a guide to doing it in audacity. It's an easy way of making sure the game doesn't overpower when you are talking but keeping the game volume high when you're not.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
My First Two Let's Plays #4
Yeah, definitely check your audio levels when you do these videos. I have an audience on Twitch that I rely on for audio settings (and I thank them for helping me do less of an assy job doing streams), but you'll want to find some way to preview if you're going to process them (and when you get your audio settings just right, find a way to save them as some sort of template or default setting).

I don't watch many Let's Plays (usually I watch ones that are pretty much novelty streams, like Retsupurae or the Shiddy Kat Wifestreams or streams of games that are terrible), and these observations are pretty off the cuff, so please take this with a grain of salt. I largely take a crack at commentary during my Let's Plays, but I'm not all that good and I prefer to let the game speak for itself. That's why I don't post my Let's Plays on Youtube, because I kind of feel like I'm a big boring dummy who doesn't really have anything insightful to add to the game itself. But some people enjoy watching me play video games! I don't know why! But they do!

Anyway, I feel like your commentary's all over the place - that you're trying to fill up the video with as many words as you can, and as a result, it feels like you're trying to get in the way of a game you're playing to show off. Undertale is great, and your enthusiasm is infectious! But the thing is, you gotta remember less is more. Work within the game's ebbs and flows - I feel like you got in the way of the introduction to Undertale with your commentary, and that opening scene is absolutely important when it comes to setting the tone of the game.

I don't know if that will help you or not. But I recommend studying what your favorite LPers do when it comes to games, nonetheless.