Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:12:08 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Your Favorite Comedy Sketches  (Read 14188 times)

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches
So a lot of people have told me that I simply had to watch the Saturday Night Live 40th special. I remember watching and enjoying the 25th anniversary when it premiered, but that was a long time ago, back before real life lunatic characters dedicated entire Youtube channels to their specific hang-ups. I'm only a few minutes in, and I got to say, watching Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake awkwardly stumble through forty years' worth of catchphrases (as a musical medley!!!) while conspicuously eyeballing the cue cards is... not the strongest start for this show. Regardless, I'll power through this thing for nostalgia's sake.

Then I got to thinking: what are some of your favorite sketch comedy bits of all time, from any show? I don't watch a wide variety of TV shows anymore, so I honestly don't know if there's anything new out there in the genre. As for my favorite of all time, I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Mr. Belvedere Fan Club skit from SNL. It's just so ridiculous and goes in a bunch of different directions that it always made me laugh as a kid. Similarly, I also enjoy Phil Hartman as Officer Miller, again because it's just a string of crazy.

Also The State had some bizarre stuff, like say...

Also since we all love complaining, feel free to also add in the worst sketches you've ever seen. It'd be hard for me to pick out an absolute worst, though I'm sure it's probably something from All That or Roundhouse, because loudmouthed kids mugging for the camera can't possibly make anything better. I remember hating both of those shows even when I was in their target demographic, and I watched all sorts of annoying bullshit back then.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:35:41 am by portaxx »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #1
There's one sketch from a Finnish comedy show that still makes me giggle just thinking about it, even though it relies entirely on a terrible, terrible pun. Basically, we see a preacher in a close up shot, seemingly shouting "Repent!" over and over again. The camera zooms out and we see he is, in fact, standing next to a motor way shouting at cars to "Turn around!", which is the same word as "repent" in Finnish.

I have absolutely no idea why I find this so funny. It's not even really that great an idea for a sketch.

These days I don't watch much sketch comedy, as I prefer radio, but I also have a soft spot for Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #2
Weirdly enough, I've watched a number of sketch comedy shows, but the sketches don't stand out as much to me as bits from regular comedy shows.  Since we're on Mitchell and Webb, this is my favorite:

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #3
My favorite comedy sketch is probably this Mitchell and Webb one about Nazis, but That Mitchell and Webb look was probably the best sketch comedy show to ever grace the airwaves in general, and has most of my other favorite sketches.

I loved All That as a kid, but I can't bear to try and watch it now, since I'm sure it would be the worst.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #4
I watched endless Mad TV sketches as a kid and I can't remember one that wasn't about one of their recurring characters, which were mostly all the same joke.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #5
Mitchell and Webb again.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #6

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #7
There's one sketch from a Finnish comedy show that still makes me giggle just thinking about it, even though it relies entirely on a terrible, terrible pun. Basically, we see a preacher in a close up shot, seemingly shouting "Repent!" over and over again. The camera zooms out and we see he is, in fact, standing next to a motor way shouting at cars to "Turn around!", which is the same word as "repent" in Finnish.montrith, February 21, 2015, 03:23:07 am

It would have been even funnier if, when the camera zoomed out, we saw that he was right next to a bridge that was out and every car that ignored him was plummeting over a cliff or into a river.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #8
Amelia Blank

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #9
I should feel guilty about calling this my favorite sketch.
But I do not.

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #10
There's a couple more Key and Peele sketches with the same premise, but this is the funniest one.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #11
I've linked this in another thread ages ago. But this is a pretty great sketch.

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #12
That's barely an exaggeration.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #13
Speaking of Nordic humor, these are the Kinnula brothers. Their whole thing is that they own an auto repair shop together and they fucking hate each other. The only words they ever use to communicate with each other are a passive-aggressive "Don't need help!".

As far as humor goes, Finland is usually more Bertolt Brecht than SNL. A lot of the humor is about dying and hating other people.

It's funny if you're Finnish.

I'm also posting this just for Jack Chick, everyone else feel free to ignore.

And just for the heck of it, my favorite Monty Python character, Ron Obvious.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Your Favorite Comedy Sketches #14
I just remembered this.