Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:33 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: TV we've been watching lately  (Read 146077 times)

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
TV we've been watching lately #420
 Devs is a really good show, if you're the sort of person who doesn't mind the occasional several-minute long, portentous pan across a mostly static scene. I don't think it sticks the landing and I'm trying not to blame it too hard for that because I like the rest of it a lot.

chai tea latte

sambair

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #421
Despite just getting back into Netflix, I started watching a playlist of VHS rips of Shasta McNasty. I don't even know where to begin with it. It's a sitcom about a rap/rock band starring Jake Busey and it's every bit as idiotic as you'd imagine. There's an episode centered around "Win Ben Stein's Money". And another episode guest starring Verne Troyer. I still have like 15 to go, somehow this got an entire season.

After that, I have a playlist of Cavemen to watch, but I've heard from multiple people that that show secretly rules.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
TV we've been watching lately #422
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts is easily the best children's cartoon I've ever watched. It's concise at 10 episodes per season and 2 seasons currently out, but the show just came out January this year and has already had a second season, so I'm sure there'll be more soon.

I really think it beats out every other fantasy adventure cartoon I've ever seen. The soundtrack is fantastic, the artstyle is transcendent and uses both 2d and 3d animation really effectively, the characters are multidimensional (also there's really great black and queer representation and they don't treat it like a big deal), and the world is...oh my god, the world.

I watched one four minute clip and it compelled me to watch the first episode. I binged the entire first season in a day. I'll nsfw it for extremely minor spoilers (the segment in the clip is at around episode 3), but if you like any modern fantasy adventure cartoons, you would be remiss not to watch this.

NSFW content. Click to show.

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #423
Does anyone else watch the Magicians? I didn't really like the first season at the time (it got super dark), but it's kind of the perfect genre show for me. Stylish, clever, fun, creative and dark enough to keep the stakes high. Like Buffy without all the Buffy, ya know?
I Liked That Joke, January 19, 2020, 12:49:27 am

I've seen through season 4. It's a very watchable trash show. I strongly dislike its heavy reliance on gratuitous sexual violence as a way of generating cheap drama/backstory but other than that it's got some good queer rep so I'm glad it did so well. Buffy without the buffy is a great logline for it.

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
TV we've been watching lately #424
Does anyone else watch the Magicians? I didn't really like the first season at the time (it got super dark), but it's kind of the perfect genre show for me. Stylish, clever, fun, creative and dark enough to keep the stakes high. Like Buffy without all the Buffy, ya know?
I Liked That Joke, January 19, 2020, 12:49:27 am

I've seen through season 4. It's a very watchable trash show. I strongly dislike its heavy reliance on gratuitous sexual violence as a way of generating cheap drama/backstory but other than that it's got some good queer rep so I'm glad it did so well. Buffy without the buffy is a great logline for it.
ClaraTinSoldier, July 01, 2020, 04:29:33 am
It's unfortunate that only the teleporting guy and the main gay man who is friends with that mean lady are the only likeable characters.

Yes I could have looked up their names but I didn't sorry.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #425
I'm going through The Good Place again and for a place where dead people go there sure aren't many old people around.

Tipsy Almond

• Paid
  • Must've blown a fuse, nothin' going on
TV we've been watching lately #426
Been chewing through Tigtone on Amazon. They captured the Chaotic Lawful Murder Hobo trope very well.
Adam Bozarth

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #427
Arrested Development sure does take a nosedive and a half.
Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa Queen Buttpirate

sambair

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #428
Duckman is a criminally underrated animated sitcom, and Dweezil Zappa is a fucking amazing voice actor.
Great Joe FinchChunk KingKalamari

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
TV we've been watching lately #429
Random WKUK episodes
Salubrious Rex

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
TV we've been watching lately #430
Watching Gomorrah and never been as tempted to start smoking again as I am right now.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
TV we've been watching lately #431
I just want to take a moment to let everyone know how invested I am in the Disney cartoon Amphibia. It's got a bunch of staff that previously worked on Gravity Falls and is really fun.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Lumbermouth

• Paid
TV we've been watching lately #432
God I love The Rockford Files. Glad that my parents got Peacock to watch soccer.

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #433
I've been watching The Jinx again, what a slimy despicable guy

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
TV we've been watching lately #434
If you like Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrious, you'll love The Knick