Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:33 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Come alive at F Plus Live. Five!  (Read 37665 times)

TheCrawlingChaos

• IWASWONDERINGIFTHEREWEREANYSTORIESWHEREJENSENISACATPERSONANDJAREDISADOGPERSONANDSOMEHOWTHISISACOMPLICATIONINTHEIRRELATIONSHIP?!?
  • Paid
  • Messenger of the Outer Gods
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #30
I'm very seriously considering it if a friend can make it from Oberlin, but if not I may have to kill two birds with one stone another year. :( Can't wait to hear the recording either way.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #31
How dare you people live in the center of the country. I'm trying to figure out if I can make it. I enjoy occasionally dropping everything for a weekend away, but generally for me that means a road trip. I know I'm going to be crazy busy in October, so I'd fly for sure. Anyone else coming from afar?
Silent Liver Disease, July 12, 2016, 02:45:06 am

Me, I will be!  Idk where I'll be staying, but I know already I won't be able to do a road trip from Cleveland or hopefully not Cleveland.

Laocius

• Paid
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #32
I can't commit to going yet, but I'm definitely going to try. Can Lemon or someone else in Minneapolis recommend a hotel? I'd like to book everything early so I can hopefully save some money.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #33
Yeah, I just had this conversation earlier today. I'll try to put some hotel recommendations together real soon, because there's some hotel weirdness I cant figure out the cause for.
Nifty Nif

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #34
I can't commit to going yet, but I'm definitely going to try. Can Lemon or someone else in Minneapolis recommend a hotel? I'd like to book everything early so I can hopefully save some money.
Laocius, July 19, 2016, 11:20:11 pm

If you want to go through Airbnb, I recommend the two places on 6th St. NE.
Nifty Nif

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #35
Okay, looking at hotels right now. The cheapest I found was a Motel 6 in St. Paul for $56
https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.mn.saint-paul.4968.html

Motel 6 in Roseville is $65.
https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.759.html/?pid=google%3abrand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=brand

Some other Motel 6's, Super 8s, and Budget Inns giving prices in the $70s. Downtown hotels are fucked, for reasons I don't understand. However AirBNB has lots of good options for less than $100, and if you're comfortable going the AirBNB route, I'd definitely recommend it this time, because the price difference is going to be huge.

Here's some cities, in order of convenience.
  • Minneapolis
  • St. Paul
  • Bloomington
  • Roseville
  • Richfield
  • Brooklyn Center/Brooklyn Park

The higher the number on this list, the less convenient that city is, but if you know how to use Lyft/Uber, you'll be fine.

Anyway if you're unsure of a location and you want me to give a yay or nay, I'll help if I can. But definitely consider AirBNB. Or even better: STOG's couch.
Nifty Nif
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:06:04 pm by Lemon »

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #36
Raffle off STOGs couch

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #37
If he gives me free lodgings, I will be STOG's couch.
chai tea latte Digital Walnut

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #38
If he gives me free lodgings, I will be STOG's couch.
Frank West, July 21, 2016, 01:02:30 pm

This is a completely different kind of FPlus Live 

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #39
F+: Live From STOG's Couch

Laocius

• Paid
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #40
If you want to go through Airbnb, I recommend the two places on 6th St. NE.
STOG, July 20, 2016, 10:30:12 pm

Okay, looking at hotels right now. The cheapest I found was a Motel 6 in St. Paul for $56
https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.mn.saint-paul.4968.html

Motel 6 in Roseville is $65.
https://www.motel6.com/en/motels.759.html/?pid=google%3abrand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=brand

Some other Motel 6's, Super 8s, and Budget Inns giving prices in the $70s. Downtown hotels are fucked, for reasons I don't understand. However AirBNB has lots of good options for less than $100, and if you're comfortable going the AirBNB route, I'd definitely recommend it this time, because the price difference is going to be huge.

Here's some cities, in order of convenience.
  • Minneapolis
  • St. Paul
  • Bloomington
  • Roseville
  • Richfield
  • Brooklyn Center/Brooklyn Park

The higher the number on this list, the less convenient that city is, but if you know how to use Lyft/Uber, you'll be fine.

Anyway if you're unsure of a location and you want me to give a yay or nay, I'll help if I can. But definitely consider AirBNB. Or even better: STOG's couch.
Lemon, July 21, 2016, 12:13:35 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info! I might actually be able to afford to go [yay][yay][yay]

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #41
I was just going to stay downtown because I am a scared monster who lives in a human shell, but if folks are looking for hotel lodgings, I would be more than happy to help organize a room/crash space and divvy up the price/pony up the cash.  We can get the ball rolling in this thread if we want and move it to PM once enough people latch on.  AirBNB is another possibility but I've never used it and it kind of freaks me out.  Also I never want to be an imposition on anyone and it makes me feel comfortable to have my own space that I can organize.
If hotel rooms interest you, let me know here. [yay]

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #42
I may take you up on that offer, assuming I'm first able to find cheap airfare for my wife and I from NYC first.

Bobsterfest

• Choice Blanket
  • Paid
  • This is weird, right?
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #43
Downtown hotels are fucked, for reasons I don't understand.

Monday Night Football at your fancy new $1 Billion stadium --> downtown hotels charging a premium for NFL/ESPN people and especially wealthy or crazy NY Giants fans.
Baldr

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Come alive at F Plus Live. Five! #44
Downtown hotels are fucked, for reasons I don't understand.
wealthy or crazy NY Giants fans.
Bobsterfest, July 24, 2016, 12:36:06 pm
I fit one of these descriptors