Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:16:15 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Most Likeable Subject?  (Read 46657 times)

Bunnybread

• You're welcome, genitals of the world.
  • Ridiculist
Most Likeable Subject? #15

Oh, and if this counts, I am a huge fan of James Joyce. (As a writer! Of books!) I also own "Absurdistan", which was read in the Pinstriped Balls episode -- the lengthy excerpt with the Russian guy who's sleeping with the extremely hairy-bushed ethnic woman -- and it is a HILARIOUS book, intentionally so. Great satire. The back cover describes it as Catch-22 meets South Park, which kind of sums it up. Were I a rich woman, I would pay the Ridiculists to do a full audiobook version for my enjoyment.Dacey Mormont, February 06, 2013, 10:37:57 pm

As for this, what you'd need to do is get in touch with the author of "Absurdistan" and ask for his written permission for a broadcast or an audio book or however-exactly-you-want-to-do-it.  Reading an entire novel is a bit gruelling and can take, on average, about eight hours, so I break it up into two hour chunks.
Acierocolotl, February 07, 2013, 04:28:27 am

Yeah, send him my reverent narration of his fuck scene and demand that I get ten bucks a page for the whole book.  Or Nutshell and I can duet throughout the thing and we get twelve per page, together.
C'mon baby.  Bunny has been betting on the wrong pitbulls and needs some money, fast.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Most Likeable Subject? #16
Man, I'd love to turn reading shit aloud into a job, wouldn't you? I mean, vanity-press authors already pay to have their horrible shit published, so surely they'd pay to have their horrible shit audiobooked!

I want to be the Peter Graves of books on tape.

🍆

• Spongy Wood Witch
  • Paid
  • Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cunt
Most Likeable Subject? #17
Presumably then all I have to do is actually find Gary Shteyngart, and play him the segment from the episode. He will be so overwhelmed he'll immediately write out a permission slip, and probably write a blurb for the podcast too, out of habit.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
Most Likeable Subject? #18
Man, I'd love to turn reading shit aloud into a job, wouldn't you? I mean, vanity-press authors already pay to have their horrible shit published, so surely they'd pay to have their horrible shit audiobooked!

Isfahan, February 07, 2013, 03:06:58 pm

When I read a couple of Mr. Courtney's "The Moon People" trilogy, he was very clear that I was not to make him sound like an idiot.  I read everything in a straight voice, but there was no salvaging the material.  I suspect a number of vanity authors would not be so enthused after that particular treatment.

(This is why I'm advertising with portions of "Edison's Conquest of Mars" instead; I managed a handful of hours of reading before laughing.)

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Most Likeable Subject? #19
AARON. TANK.
portaxx, February 07, 2013, 02:13:38 am

I was actually tempted to use Aaron Tank as my OP example. That guy just fucking loves fried chicken.

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
Most Likeable Subject? #20
I wonder how old he'll be when he eventually discovers us poking fun at his comment.

Luna

• Paid
Most Likeable Subject? #21

Isfahan, February 07, 2013, 03:06:58 pm
Fun fact: Erotica e-audiobooks are A Thing. I haven't gotten into them myself since it seems to be one of the things where you need a higher output / larger catalogue than I have, but I have occasionally dreamt of hearing y'all read my gay werewolf cowboys. Maybe if I ever extend that into a series so that it would actually be worth it...

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
Most Likeable Subject? #22
Well, money's money, but I don't know if I'm ready to be typecast as the Gay Werewolf Cowboy Reader or its equivalent. I just picture myself in a job interview and the shrewish HR lady behind the desk is suddenly all "your voice sounds familiar..."

Also, welcome to the forums! I'm glad you decided to join us, Luna.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:13:14 pm by Isfahan »

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
Most Likeable Subject? #23
Fun fact: Erotica e-audiobooks are A Thing. I haven't gotten into them myself since it seems to be one of the things where you need a higher output / larger catalogue than I have, but I have occasionally dreamt of hearing y'all read my gay werewolf cowboys. Maybe if I ever extend that into a series so that it would actually be worth it...
Luna, February 07, 2013, 08:06:20 pm

I've been genuinely trying to hold off because I wanted to get my website built before I go trumpeting to the hills and dales about this, but I'm bad at keeping my enthusiasm reigned and I've been doing this for months.  I do a biweekly Internet radio show where I read whateter borderline literature I can find, preferably public domain.  I wager you'd likely want a sexier voice reading your gay cowboy books, but I'd be perfectly happy putting a two-hour block aside for you if you're volunteering.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
Most Likeable Subject? #24
I wager you'd likely want a sexier voice reading your gay cowboy books, but I'd be perfectly happy putting a two-hour block aside for you if you're volunteering.Acierocolotl, February 07, 2013, 08:29:25 pm

My voice is about as sexy as Andy Dick blaring out of a fast-food drive-thru menu, but we can't all be Bunnybread. I am, however, thinking of putting "was in the same room as Bunnybread" on my résumé in the hopes that people think there's such a thing as secondhand sexiness.

Luna

• Paid
Most Likeable Subject? #25
I'm pretty sure the audiobook money for erotica's concentrated on the people who are doing long 50 Shades knock-offs, so if any of you have projects you'd like material for, I can hook you up with coupons. The actual dirty bits aren't very funny, but some of the surrounding parts... well, I do have one about gay were-cuttlefish.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
Most Likeable Subject? #26
My vote goes out for Ulrich Haarburste (Ulli). He's crafted such a bizarre set of stories, but it's obvious he writes them with such joy. Also, his novel is one of the greatest things I've ever read in my life.

Tophat

• Paid and occasionally Laid
  • Paid
  • I like my women like I like my milk: Full fat.
Most Likeable Subject? #27
Fun fact: Erotica e-audiobooks are A Thing.
Luna, February 07, 2013, 08:06:20 pm

I actually had a lot of fun recently when, (partly) as a joke, I decided to record myself reading dirty dirty fan-fiction of all varieties, namely Potter, Homestuck, and Sherlock, and then put it on a CD which I then gave to my girlfriend for her birthday.

Where do I sign up?

Notm

• Paid
  • Let's think about that
Most Likeable Subject? #28
I think the people from Debate.org are my most liked subjects because they have no idea to how properly debate the real topics and argue about the most inane shit that no one would care about.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
Most Likeable Subject? #29
Two of them were labeled as debating which was better, but the actual body of the argument was "who would win in a fight." The Pokemon/Digimon thing then devolved into a play-by-post role-play fight where they just do the Cowboys & Indians deal with "I shot you!" "Nuh uh it missed!"