Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:48:34 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 205411 times)

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #600
I can't wait for Sonic the Hedgehog to set off the video game movie boom.
Mique, April 29, 2019, 09:18:59 pm

Alternative joke: This trailer promises us a tech genius, a speedster and Neal Macdonough, so I'm definitely watching this episode of Legends of Tomorrow.
Cleretic, April 30, 2019, 08:59:50 am

Yes, well done.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #601
God I was bored this afternoon and watched Lucy on one of those idly clicking through Netflix whims and holy shit it is not even a little bit good.
Dr. Buttplug

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #602
Watched Gravity. It's dog shit, do not watch this movie. There are things good about it but they are consistently undermined by everything else in it.

ikaribattousai

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #603
I really liked Detective Pikachu and despite not being a Pokemon fan, I was smiling the entire time. It's very fun and entertaining.

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #604
Watched Gravity. It's dog shit, do not watch this movie. There are things good about it but they are consistently undermined by everything else in it.
Turtle, May 09, 2019, 07:45:17 am

Watch "The Martian" instead.

ikaribattousai

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #605
Gravity is definitely a theater movie. I can't imagine it would be a very interesting experience at home.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #606
Gravity is one of only two movies from the recent 3D craze that were actually good in 3D. It was designed pretty specifically around the 3D, I think I still would have liked it in 2D but definitely a ton less.

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #607
It was designed pretty specifically around the 3DFrank West, May 10, 2019, 07:15:20 pm
This was extremely noticeable and is part of what absolutely ruined any emotional scene because the camera was too busy sniffing the farts of it's computer generated 3D tear drop to let me actually care about the character.

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #608
Seconding "Detective Pikachu." Very accessible to someone who doesn't know anything about the franchise, including Bill Nighy who got into pokemon while making the movie. This article just makes me smile, very wholesome.

"The Hustle," the r63 remake of "Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels" with Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson was also very good. Great physical comedy/pratfalls, really funny movie. Highly recommend.

beelzeboob

• Risen from the tits of hell.
  • Paid
  • call that the boobonic plague
Movies We've Seen Recently #609
Detective Pikachu was really cute! A little weird, sure, but what Pokemon plot ISN'T. I'm delighted that it was so child-accessible and also available to new fans of the series. 8/10 would watch again.

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Movies We've Seen Recently #610
I don't have to tell ya'll Spirited Away is good, but damn. I had been disappointed by the slower pace and light fantasy of My Neighbor Totoro, but Spirited Away pulls out all the stops and is what I had expected of the much venerated Miyazaki.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Macho Masc Sangy Savage

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #611
John Wick 3 is fantastic. It looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous in every moment. Shout out to the sounds part in particular for really selling the action and adding to the style of the film.

They upped the anti on the unnecessary brutality, I did think there was one moment that crossed the line into unpleasant but other than that it's incredibly entertaining. Lots of "Jesus Christ" and gasps from the more vocal people in the room.

The dogs were very good. 10/10 give them treats.

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #612
"The Voices" is a good - if depressing - movie. Ryan Reynolds shows more range than I ever imagined he had.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #613
John Wick 3 is fantastic. It looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous in every moment. Shout out to the sounds part in particular for really selling the action and adding to the style of the film.

They upped the anti on the unnecessary brutality, I did think there was one moment that crossed the line into unpleasant but other than that it's incredibly entertaining. Lots of "Jesus Christ" and gasps from the more vocal people in the room.

The dogs were very good. 10/10 give them treats.
boooo566, May 18, 2019, 12:15:08 pm
full concurrence

I think 2 was maybe better but that doesn't mean 3 wasn't amazing. The set pieces were all distinct and flowed naturally into each other, and my favourites were
the glass and knives one early on and the halle berry dogs in the forge one

the subtitles are still the best in the game, it's a loving paean to action movies, and it's very funny (both funny lines and funny action! yay!). even Boban's scene was okay, but he mostly just grabbed keanu's head and pushed him towards walls

Spenny

• coolest guy
  • Paid
  • piss itself
Movies We've Seen Recently #614
JW3 was sweet as hell, and I loved it. Easily the best villains in the series. Lots of brutal surprises that I wouldn't have expected them to do.

My only real complaint, spoilered: Kind of disappointed that it's another cliffhanger ending. I know Keanu said he's willing to keep making this series as long as people want it, but I feel like it wouldn't hurt too bad to get a solid ending on one of these. Just leave some loose ends to lead into the next one, but don't make it a straight up cliffhanger again.