Snakes In The Ball Pit > This Is A Thing I Made

Ephemera - short stories that could've only happened online.

(1/13) > >>

chai tea latte:
Hi, folks! I've been working on a podcast for the last month or so and I'm finally ready to release it. The podcast is called Ephemera, and you should be able to find it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. Clicking on the podcast art below should open your podcasting app's subscribe button if you're on mobile. I recently launched a bare-bones website for the show: http://storiesfromtheinter.net.

Host Stephanie Bee uses primary sources to tell stories that could have only happened online.Quote from
--- End quote ---

Each ep is about 20 minutes, and I hope people here will think it's interesting. I wanted to find a way to both have a single narrator (clarity of focus, storytelling) while not just having a single voice (boringville USA) - the solution I landed on was to have other people read some primary documents, interspersed throughout the show. I think it worked out alright but I'm interested in what other people think about it.

The first episode, the one I've just released, is about bunny rabbits and a series of lawsuits. Episode 2 will be about a fake computer program that will torture you forever, and episode 3 will be about One Direction fans. I hope people like the show - I'm really enjoying making it. You can also listen to the show directly via Soundcloud.

Special thanks to a number of people from ballpit who were willing to read stuff in the inaugural episode(s).
(PS: I'm using a fake name.)
E01: Tell Me About the Rabbits, George
E02: Here On Level One of Robot Hell
E03: You Besically Killed 100+ Innocent People
E04: De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum
E05: just like lost but everyone is hurley
E06: Chesterton's #cockygate
E07: The Corrupted Blood Incident
SPL 01: Big Mama is Watching You
E08: If Marty McFly Can Do It So Can We
E09: EVE Online is Like Vegas for Nerds
SPL 2: To Be a Journalist In Russia Is Suicide
E10: if everybody drove motorcycles the government would collapse
E11: Emojigeddon
E12: Swatting: Terrorism for Children
E13: The Life (and Deaths) of the WELL
E14: i felt i should just go to japan and die there
SPL 03: The GDPR and the Right to be Forgotten
E15: A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? The world's biggest graveyard.
E16: I FEEL SO LONELY // WE LIVE IN PUBLIC
E17: The Other Nefertiti
E18: ** Paid Modeling Gig. **
E19: unfortunately, as you already know, people

Shell Game:
Thank you for thanking me twice. And I already checked! it isn't [you ]!!

also i really like this format. it's neat

Penultimatum:
Episode 2 will be about a fake computer program that will torture you forever
chai tea latte, April 06, 2018, 03:18:28 pm
--- End quote ---

You’re doing an episode on Roko’s basilisk? If so, I’m looking forward to that one.

chai tea latte:
Episode 2 will be about a fake computer program that will torture you forever
chai tea latte, April 06, 2018, 03:18:28 pm
--- End quote ---

You’re doing an episode on Roko’s basilisk? If so, I’m looking forward to that one.
Friend Anemone, April 06, 2018, 07:14:33 pm
--- End quote ---
Your wish is my command. Don't forget to subscribe if you like the show!

chai tea latte:
New episode out! Listen to it in your podcast app, or directly on Soundcloud. I think it's a good story, and I got it here, so I'd like to note for the home crowd that Psammetichus III tipped me off to the topic. Next month's ep will be about something that happened on Metafilter in 2001.

New schedule: Ephemera releases on the third Thursday of every month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version