Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:10 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Which site would you rather have mobile-friendly first?

thefpl.us
5 (26.3%)
ballp.it
14 (73.7%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: December 14, 2013, 10:19:18 am

Topic: Making one of the sites responsive. Set your priority.  (Read 13368 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Okay, so this weekend, I'm planning on doing some CSS work and trimming out a lot of fat that's existed for a while, and then in the process, turn the sites mobile friendly.

The question I pose to you is: Which site would you rather have phone friendly first? Eventually I'll get to both of them, this is just trying to figure out which one you'd rather be able to visit on your phone.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
I browse ballp.it more often but thefpl.us looks worse on my phone.  (Android, using Chrome.) I'd say ballp.it first though just based on my usage.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
That second vote for F Plus? Allll meeee.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
You might not be getting a representative sample here, because the people voting here are all, by definition, forum members. I suspect that more people use the main site than use this forum because it costs ten bucks to register, so just asking us who are on the inside might give you a bit of the echo chamber effect.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Right, but that's weighted against the fact that I like people who pay $10 for forum access more.
chai tea latte Bobalay Baldr count_actuala scatmaster rama Sherd Red

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Fair enough.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Also, can't unpaid members vote too?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I'm voting for ballpit, since that's the one that actually requires me to read stuff and right now it's completely broken for me. I'm reading Portaxx's rant one word at a time.

AlbieQuirky

• Paid
I'm voting for ballpit, since that's the one that actually requires me to read stuff and right now it's completely broken for me. I'm reading Portaxx's rant one word at a time.
montrith, December 14, 2013, 09:26:24 am

Shatner-style!

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
So, if you've looked at either thefpl.us or ballp.it on a mobile device today, you'll have noticed that both sites are running native (which means that they're rendering as instructed, rather than given permission to figure it out). I've written css for both sites under the 600 pixel width breakpoint (and again under the 400 pixel width breakpoint) to give them different, single column navigation.

It's not done yet, but i'm pretty happy with how both ended up. If it doesn't look different for you, refresh your cache.

I'll mention here that my goal isnt to support a separate navigation element for everything on mobile. My goal is to make it so you can access each site on a phone and scroll through it lazily to read stuff. In the case of thefpl.us, i've hidden the sidebar completely. I might put in a hamburger menu, although i'm not a huge fan of those.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
PS: Keep me informed if anything's particularly terrible. More specifically, I want to know which links you're having problems poking.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Right, but that's weighted against the fact that I like people who pay $10 for forum access more.
Lemon, December 12, 2013, 10:00:04 pm
Touche, touche.