Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)

<< < (2/49) > >>

count_actuala:
I love me a drink. I accept beers of most descriptions and cannot be trusted with rum. I'm picky only when it comes to whiskey, in which case my heart belongs to Whistlepig. Pricey, but good glory is it tasty.

My favorite mixes include the dark n stormy and hunch punch. Never said I was a classy boy.

ETA: I generally don't enjoy grape wine, but I regularly make small batches of other fruit wines. I've made strawberry, elderberry, and peach in recent memory. Once the appropriate season rolls around my basement will be invaded by burbling jugs of dandelion wine in the making.

Note: I make some country-ass wine, so don't ask me for advice. Leave me to my own dangerous devices.

Geremy Tibbles:
Whiskey is greatest.

I typically drink rye whiskey. Either Old Overholt or Ryan and Woods when I can afford it. Tyrconnell 10 year Single Malt is by far my favorite, but I can never find it around here, and I can't order booze online because I live in MA.

Bourbon wise, Jim Beam Black or Wild Turkey are fine by me, but if I want something classy I go straight for Booker's. Booker's is hands down my favorite bourbon.

I've taken to drinking Torontos, which OO is great in:

Rye
Fernet-Branca
A little simple syrup
dash of Angostura bitters
Orange peel

Acierocolotl:
Thanks for reminding me about the rye there, Jérôme.

Occasionally there will be a bottle of rye in the house, though I've stuck with Alberta Premium.  I think partially because it's not a bad drink at all, and partially because I really, really dig the irony of a me drinking something with Alberta on the bottle.  It also mixes well in small quantities with juices and other summer drinks to shift the flavour profile; it kills a lot of the sweet flavour in potassium-rich berry juice, for instance, without using more than a quarter-shot or so per glass--and that's one of my favourite evening drinks after a lot of physical activity.

Also I need to pay attention, because it's a frikkin' SAQ, not ADQ.  Seriously, my posts have had stupid typos all day.

I think I've gone on about beers before, but I love a good IPA.  In a pinch, La Cinquante will do.  I was surprised by how much I liked it, but that also makes sense.

I've picked out wines based very broadly on what I'm looking for in terms of what I was planning to cook--generally I find an excuse to try some random sharp white-or-other with richer meals just to act as a palate cleanser; criteria being that said white must come in a glass bottle.  Carton wine is a crime, pass it on.

squiddy:
When I do drink, which is considerably less often than I used to, I'll drink a teeny glass of white wine. My selection process for bottles of wine goes: Hey, I'm at Trader Joes! What's $1 more than three-buck-chuck? I also really love hoppy or sour beers, or dark, dark creamy beers. We have wonderful local brewerys and there are some great local beers.

This thread has got me thinking that since I drink so little maybe I should splurge on wines that cost more than $4...

Isfahan:
Carton wine is a crime, pass it on.Acierocolotl, April 09, 2013, 12:44:54 pm
--- End quote ---

Well how would you propose making bridal and baby showers bearable, then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version