Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:34:08 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 106: Asgard Doesn't Have Alimony Laws  (Read 33398 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
with Boots Raingear, Adam Bozarth, Jimmyfranks, Kumquatxop, and Lemon.

Edited by Lemon

Content for this episode was provided by Erminea Heart, Gaylord McHappenstance, and Sherlockian

Love is a curious thing. The thing that drives two people together into a passionate embrace is as complicated as it is powerful. But the thing that drives one person to claim that they're married to a Norse god? That's called "being a crazy person". We're taking a look at Lokiwives and godspouses: People who claim to be in a polygamous relationship with one or more gods, and report that the sex is terrific. This week, wherever you go, whatever you do, these people still won't make any sense.

advancedclass

• Paid
I had a professor who taught Iceland literature, Old English, and Norse mythology and he cheerfully hated almost every modern appropriation of those stories and  myths. I wish I'd kept in touch with him just so I could direct him to this episode, but I don't think I could afford the volume of whiskey I'd need to send him as an apology.

Why do these sad, crazy ladies never talk about being astrally married to Zeus or Ra? Or even someone else in the Norse pantheon?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I had a professor who taught Iceland literature, Old English, and Norse mythology and he cheerfully hated almost every modern appropriation of those stories and  myths. I wish I'd kept in touch with him just so I could direct him to this episode, but I don't think I could afford the volume of whiskey I'd need to send him as an apology.

Why do these sad, crazy ladies never talk about being astrally married to Zeus or Ra? Or even someone else in the Norse pantheon?
advancedclass, July 24, 2013, 11:21:26 pm

Because there hasn't been a hugely popular movie about those guys, duh.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.

Because there hasn't been a hugely popular movie about those guys, duh.
montrith, July 24, 2013, 11:52:59 pm
And I guess "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" isn't nearly as sexy as "(whatever vague blubbering Loki does about... some shit? man i don't know i was blind drunk for most of The Avengers)"

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
I'm confident nerds won't latch onto 300 or the god of war series.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I'm confident nerds won't latch onto 300 or the god of war series.
jack-chick, July 25, 2013, 01:08:07 am

Too much blood, too little bad boys brooding about their dark past while looking really sad. It's not hot if they just kill people, they need to do it in STYLE.

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
You know, I'm pleasantly surprised that there wasn't nearly as much embarrassing Avengers/Thor fandom bullshit in this episode as I expected there to be. I genuinely didn't think most of the references to Tom Hiddleston would be from Adam, rather than from the reading material.

nilvoid

• FUCK COMPOSE FUCK MELODY
  • Paid
  • DEDICATED TO NO ONE THANKS TO NO ONE ART IS OVER

Zeus isn't a wisecracking twink, that's why.

Cheapskate

• Persnickety fussbudget
  • Paid
In Azerbaijan, circumcisions are known as "weddings" because the boys undergoing the ritual are wedding themselves to Allah.

What I'm saying is that fangirls should totally start appropriating Islam and see how well that works out for them.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian

Oh you'd be surprised. I found one married to Dionysus and another married to Ares.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!

Sherlockian's document had a post from an asexual who is in a D/s relationship with Bast.

advancedclass

• Paid

Sherlockian's document had a post from an asexual who is in a D/s relationship with Bast.
Lemon, July 25, 2013, 07:52:53 am

Now I'm sorry I asked. Dammit, Sherlockian!

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
God this episode is giving me flashbacks to SpectrumX.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
God this episode is giving me flashbacks to SpectrumX.
Al, July 25, 2013, 09:16:16 am
Very telling common factors between episodes:
* An incredibly powerful higher being is constantly and fully attached to one mortal. Like just giving one human ALL their time, lovin', and terrible pseudo-steampunk blueprints of Hell.
* A figure in mythology who is widely considered to either be evil or solely out to cause chaos for shits and giggles becomes a snugglebug who's just misunderstood. And who understands them? Their loving, patient mortal spouse. Who, by virtue of their tolerance for god-shenanigans, becomes something superior to a god--after all, if you can tame something divine, you're working some next-level shit.
* The sex is so great you guys don't even know
TheCrawlingChaos count_actuala Sherman Tank

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Also the general desperate need to feel loved by something.