Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:35:04 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 208427 times)

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #480
Tony Stark is a billionaire tech bro libertarian who thinks that the best way to improve the world is to do it himself because he's so great. Even if we acknowledge that somebody should be in an Iron Man suit, there's no reason it should be him.

He is inherently a bad person, but some directors/writers see that and some don't, and he also has to be a straight-up hero in some films, so how much of an asshole he's portrayed as varies a lot.
Kaleidoscope Runic

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #481
Saw Rashomon stoned off my fucking ass. Did not understand some parts but it was beautiful and also good shit.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Nikaer Drekin NutshellGulag skeletons!

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #482
I was talking to some friends about this recently and we came to the conclusion that Iron Man movies would best be served if they were exclusively about his alcoholism. If they just leaned into that hard and it ruined everything he was involved with.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #483
Tony Stark is a billionaire tech bro libertarian who thinks that the best way to improve the world is to do it himself because he's so great. Even if we acknowledge that somebody should be in an Iron Man suit, there's no reason it should be him.

He is inherently a bad person, but some directors/writers see that and some don't, and he also has to be a straight-up hero in some films, so how much of an asshole he's portrayed as varies a lot.
Frank West, April 06, 2018, 08:51:53 am
I think if Disney ever reboots the Marvel universe again, it would probably be in their best interest if they had a team of writers for the movies so the characters would be somewhat consistent. I think that is why I love the Guardians of the Galaxy films so much because James Gunn has directed both movies and wrote both scripts. I know not everyone loves the Guardians but you have to at least admit they’re consistent in terms of personality and character growth.

ikaribattousai

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #484
I just saw "A Quiet Place" and it was a real breath of fresh air to the horror genre. The idea of a post-apocalyptic future where silence is the key to survival subverts so many sub-genre tropes and makes for a really interesting film experience. Sound and moster design are really on point.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
Movies We've Seen Recently #485
I saw Blockers in theatres and it was actually really funny and decently progressive!

I went alone and the theatre crowd sucked!

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Movies We've Seen Recently #486
So I just got back from Infinity War. My one friend is super into all these Marvel movies and organized a giant marathon of all the Marvel movies that featured the infinity stones prior to this. As a result I went into the movie completely burned out on the whole MCU and I ended up leaving the theatre...even more burned out on the MCU. Too many characters, too many plotlines and not enough of a personal connection between the majority of the heroes and the antagonist to make me invested in the conflict.

I think I'm going to be off action blockbusters for the next few months. I just wanna sit down and watch a nice, quiet movie where no one punches each other.

sambair

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #487
I realized I was burned out on MCU movies when I watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and was at best mildly entertained despite it having the constituent parts of a movie I should love.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Movies We've Seen Recently #488
The best parts of Infinity War were the Guardians, but that just made me want to watch the Guardians of the Galaxy movies again. Whenever superhero films become too serious, it's just not nearly as fun. Here's hoping Deadpool 2 is still good.

However, the best part of Infinity War was the last ten minutes when Thanos fucks off and people just start dissipating. There's no music, no fanfare, just confusion and absolute silence. That and Spider-Man just freaking out, were the most impactful scenes. And if Shuri is gone in the next one the movie is dead to me.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Dr. Buttplug

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Movies We've Seen Recently #489
So I just got back from Infinity War. My one friend is super into all these Marvel movies and organized a giant marathon of all the Marvel movies that featured the infinity stones prior to this. As a result I went into the movie completely burned out on the whole MCU and I ended up leaving the theatre...even more burned out on the MCU. Too many characters, too many plotlines and not enough of a personal connection between the majority of the heroes and the antagonist to make me invested in the conflict.

I think I'm going to be off action blockbusters for the next few months. I just wanna sit down and watch a nice, quiet movie where no one punches each other.
KingKalamari, May 03, 2018, 11:00:47 pm

I saw someone on Twitter describe Infinity War as the Cheesecake Factory Menu of the the MCU movies, and I think that sums it up pretty well.

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Movies We've Seen Recently #490

KingKalamari, May 03, 2018, 11:00:47 pm

Now all I can picture is Gordon Ramsay busting into the movie, really angry at there being so many characters, and cutting people out right and left while calling them donkeys.

I saw someone on Twitter describe Infinity War as the Cheesecake Factory Menu of the the MCU movies, and I think that sums it up pretty well.
NutshellGulag, May 04, 2018, 08:31:56 pm

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Legendary Jizz-Wailer
Movies We've Seen Recently #491
I liked Infinity War overall. I think the one thing that is being overlooked was the bold choice of ending. When was the last time an action movie of this general genre had such a downer ending? I know it ends at the middle part of a larger story arc but like little kids were in the theater crying while Spidey got de-materialized. The fact that they didn't try and undercut it with a post credits joke must have lead to some serious fights with marketing. We could also say this is a touchstone in the Hollywood zeitgeist, after the 2016 election Hollywood has to make peace with the fact that yes, sometimes the bad guy does win.

Moose

• they/them
  • Paid
  • lord steven christ's tax attorney
Movies We've Seen Recently #492
i watched Attack the Block last week for the first time ever and holy shit, how did i not see it sooner? such a fucking good movie.
GirlKisser420 Macho Masc Sangy Savage A Meat

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Movies We've Seen Recently #493
Hey
Love Simon was a really good movie, what the fuck
I was expecting it to be campy and just a humor movie but it got really fucking real

duz

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #494
Super Troopers 2 got a lot of bad reviews because it was just more of the same.  I'm pretty sure that's exactly what everyone wanted from Super Troopers 2.  I know it's what I wanted and it certainly delivered.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop