Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:43:07 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 208485 times)

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Movies We've Seen Recently #105
I watched Ghost Shark

It's a shark.

It's a ghost.

It can manifest in any body of water.

Including a glass of water somebody just drank.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
Movies We've Seen Recently #106
I saw Ender's Game recently. If you haven't read the book, you might enjoy it.

Seriously, the number of plots and subplots that they just glossed over or outright cut out from the source material is just astonishing.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Movies We've Seen Recently #107
You guys remember Air Bud?

Remember the sixth movie in the Air Bud franchise where Air Bud has a bunch of puppies that can talk?

Remember the sixth movie in that spinoff franchise, Treasure Buddies?

The cat villain's name is 'Cleocatra'.  I'll let that speak for the quality of this movie.

That, and this picture of a bustling modern Egyptian town.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #108
You guys remember Air Bud?

Remember the sixth movie in the Air Bud franchise where Air Bud has a bunch of puppies that can talk?

Remember the sixth movie in that spinoff franchise, Treasure Buddies?

The cat villain's name is 'Cleocatra'.  I'll let that speak for the quality of this movie.
EYE OF ZA, November 15, 2013, 04:53:41 pm

Holy shit, definitely watching this. I also still have to do that Terrible Shark Movie Trifecta (Snow Shark, Sand Shark, Ghost Shark) montrith suggested, so that's probably on the dock as well.

e: the wiki article for Treasure Buddies says the cat's name is Ubasti; is she referred to as Cleocatra and that's just her 'real' name?

EYE OF ZA

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #109
Sorry, I remembered wrong.  The cat villain is Bubasti Ubasti, I think Bubasti is the town or something.

Cleopatra's cat is named Cleocatra.

The adult human leads are Discount Wilford Brimley (hero) and Discount Tim Curry (villain).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:00:25 pm by EYE OF ZA »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #110
Chronicles of Riddick has a plot straight out of a nanowrimo novel. Also the main villain literally has a "sweet spot" of vulnerability on the back of his armour.

Once there, Riddick is reunited with Imam, the man he rescued in Pitch Black. Imam believes Riddick is a Furyan, a race of warriors long thought extinct, and wants to know about his homeworld and if anyone other than himself is left. Imam believes Helion Prime is the next planet to be conquered by a mysterious force crusading across the stars. Aereon, an Air Elemental, identifies the army as the Necromongers, religious fanatics who seek to convert everyone and kill those who refuse. The Necromongers invade that very night, overwhelming the defense forces and take control of the capital.Quote from

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Movies We've Seen Recently #111
EVERYONE IS YELLING ALL THE TIME ALSO

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Movies We've Seen Recently #112
Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame: A pretty fun foreign action caper movie. It's actually kind of gruesome. Dee gets no breaks.

Shaolin Soccer: Stephen Chow's feature before Kung Fu Hustle. Ludicrously over the top and fun. It is basically a kung fu slap stick movie and it is amazing in just about every way.

Europa Report: A sci-fi thriller in the vein of Sunshine and District 9. Boatloads of atmosphere but not very good at pacing.

Monsters: This movie had every right to be B-movie schlock. It should have been B-movie schlock. But it wasn't. Instead it was a really well paced social commentary and character drama. The special effects aren't great to look at but those are never center stage.

Yossarian

• Sophisticated Sophistry
  • Paid
  • No one tell Hitler!
Movies We've Seen Recently #113
Anchorman 2: Everyone gets a cameo edition - It had Harrison Ford, and that was funny enough for me.

chai tea latte

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #114
Blue Is The Warmest Color was really male-gaze-y for a movie about queer women and class consciousness. I really wanted to like it, but instead I actually found myself getting really upset with the director. I loved the graphic novel, and while it's technically quite an excellent film, I definitely liked it way less than the novel. I'll spare you all my Opinions About Kechiche because that's not super relevant, but if you're thinking about seeing this maybe borrow/buy the novel instead, because it's really fucking good.

I also went and saw the new Hobbit movie with a couple of friends, and I thought it was pretty good. It felt way more cohesive than the first one did, and I'm actually kind of excited to see what the third one brings, definitely more than I was after Unexpected Journey. I think OHP has some good points about it too, but I don't think the bits with Gandalf were as pointless as he does.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Movies We've Seen Recently #115
I loved Desolation of Smaug, except for the eight hours of giant spiders that I forgot were in the book.

EYE OF ZA

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #116
What if Tolkien had a fetish for giant spiders??

Or hairy men

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Movies We've Seen Recently #117
What if Tolkien had a fetish for giant spiders??

Or hairy men
EYE OF ZA, December 31, 2013, 11:29:16 pm
I was going to say there's no such thing as men with more than two legs but then I remembered Liam Neeson exists so nevermind

happppy new yeat!

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #118
I saw The LEGO Movie and it is pretty fucking awesome, and probably the only one of these big budget branding movies to directly criticize the manbaby portion of its audience (and ultimately big budget branding). Phil Lord and Chris Miller were working on it for three years between doing 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. The CGI approximates stop-motion pretty closely (they looked into doing George Pal style stop-motion for the entire movie, but the Lego bricks would've cost $75 million alone and the animation would've taken approximately 30 years).

chai tea latte

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #119

I saw The LEGO Movie and it is pretty fucking awesome, and probably the only one of these big budget branding movies to directly criticize the manbaby portion of its audience (and ultimately big budget branding). Phil Lord and Chris Miller were working on it for three years between doing 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. The CGI approximates stop-motion pretty closely (they looked into doing George Pal style stop-motion for the entire movie, but the Lego bricks would've cost $75 million alone and the animation would've taken approximately 30 years).
CormansInferno, February 07, 2014, 04:33:53 pm

It's apparently written by the people behind Clone High, which is all I really needed to know. Gonna go see it on tuesday, I think.

Also I saw Frozen earlier this week and I thought it was neat.