Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:06:00 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 208422 times)

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #285
The Martian is excellent. As good as the book, if a tad less technically detailed (which isn't always a bad thing).
The science behind it is pretty solid too, which is always fun!

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
Movies We've Seen Recently #286
The Martian is excellent. As good as the book, if a tad less technically detailed (which isn't always a bad thing).
Ambious, October 01, 2015, 04:37:03 pm

Just saw it myself, I thought it was excellent. I thought it was nice to see a little more characterization for the guys at NASA, who I barely remembered after reading the book. I wish there had been a little more scientific detail, but I'll admit that that was what made my eyes glaze over when I was reading the book, when he went into the technical details about everything he was doing. I loved the little epilogue at the end, too, it was nice seeing where everyone wound up after the fact (I recall the book just ending right at when Watney was rescued by the crew). Really, really enjoyed it overall.

Although my one disappointment is that they left out probably my favorite line in the book, when Kapoor talks about Watney's state of mind, being isolated on Mars, and the follow-up log is just Watney wondering about why Aquaman can control whales, which are mammals. Ah well.

Bobsterfest

• Choice Blanket
  • Paid
  • This is weird, right?
Movies We've Seen Recently #287
In minor hits of 2006 news, I just recently watched The Descent. It would have been much better as just a cave-exploring And Then Things Go Wrong Movie, like the first 20-30 minutes make it seem. Unfortunately, it just becomes a horror video game and gets pretty silly. Think You're Next in a Cave, but without the tongue-in-cheek.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #288
Ambious, October 01, 2015, 04:37:03 pm
I saw The Martian a couple nights ago, and thought it was really great, except for Watney himself. By all means I should have really enjoyed the parts of the movie that are actually on Mars, they're exactly the sort of thing I should like, but Watney was just such a douche that I hated every time the movie focused on him and let him talk.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
Movies We've Seen Recently #289
A bunch of movie theaters were showing the Back to the Future trilogy in honor of this being the actual date featured in the second movie, so I went and caught that for the first time in theaters. I'm sure I don't have to say this, but it's absolutely fantastic from start to finish, and it was a real treat being able to finally see it on the big screen since I was born about a decade too late to see them as they came out. I've heard that a lot of people didn't like the second and third movies, but honestly, I think they're only a little weaker than the first (which is a damn near perfect movie in my opinion).

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #290
Recently watched Zardoz. I went into it expecting it to be a bad cult movie with a guy in a funny outfit, a joke that would be over 5 minutes in. From the opening scenes, this certainly seemed to be the case.

I was very pleasantly surprised. It has its off moments and 5 minute scenes that need to be cut 4 minutes shorter, but overall it's a good sci-fi movie with some interesting ideas. Not the greatest movie, but a real unexpected treat.

Spoop

• vegan lamp-kin
  • Paid
  • we do not take the cork off the fork
Movies We've Seen Recently #291
I just watched Psycho all the way through for the first time ever.

Embarrassing, I know.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #292

Embarrassing, I know.
Spoop, October 25, 2015, 03:35:56 pm

there are people who still haven't!

ps those folks should watch psycho

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Movies We've Seen Recently #293

Embarrassing, I know.

chai tea latte, October 25, 2015, 06:36:12 pm

I hope you both are referring to the version where Vince Vaughn jerks it

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #294

Embarrassing, I know.

chai tea latte, October 25, 2015, 06:36:12 pm

I hope you both are referring to the version where Vince Vaughn jerks it
Nikaer Drekin, October 25, 2015, 08:49:13 pm
don't mix business with pleasure

chai tea latte

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #295
I almost forgot how good Lawrence of Arabia was but fortunately my girlfriend hadn't seen it. If you ever have the chance to watch it on a theatre screen, please do; it's spellbinding. Even just on a TV or whatever it's still one of the finest films ever made. Don't watch pts I and II the same night, imo, but The Fifth Element probably wasn't the intermission in mind.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:42:27 am by chai tea latte »

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Movies We've Seen Recently #296
Finally got around to sitting down and watching The Godfather recently. There's almost no way to say how good it is that hasn't already been said many, many times, so I'll only make one observation: for a film that clocks in at just shy of three hours, it's incredibly lean. There's next to nothing superfluous anywhere in the film.

Geremy Tibbles

• Liquor Dragon
  • Paid
  • DIS GENERATION
Movies We've Seen Recently #297
Even black out drunk can't save The Last Witch Hunter. That move is just a fucking checklist.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Movies We've Seen Recently #298
Imagine if the movie Antichrist was directed by the band Los Campesinos. You just imagined Honeymoon (2014), except Honeymoon is much, much more boring.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #299
I hadn't seen drunken master 2 since I was a kid. It's still great.